• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Upsets--3A Round 1

Started by CoolBreeze, November 10, 2017, 10:43:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Well, guys, it's game day. In a few hours, the field will be cut from 30 down to 16.

In which matchups are upsets a distinct possibility?

For the purpose of this thread, let's consider any game in which a lower seeded team wins an upset, regardless of whether you consider it a "true" upset.

Gr3yhounds

Newport over Glen Rose
Fordyce over Elkins
Piggott over Prescott
Lamar over Smackover

Goose0

Based off of seeding yes I could see Newport v. Glen Rose as an upset.  But other than that IMO I see this being the best game of the 1st round.  Two fairly matched teams who both run the ball well.  Glen Rose has home field advantage and that helps in a playoff atmosphere but as we all know anything is possible in the playoffs.

bigman5570

Newport will have to travel well and come out on fire in the first half if they want a chance. If they come out flat, it'll be ugly.

redandgray

I could see Newport playing a great game against Glen Rose or getting blown out.  They've been very inconsistent.  Just depends on which team shows up.

KOJACK

Haskell over Hoxie and Cedar Ridge over Osceola.

bigman5570

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2017, 11:46:20 am
Pulling for Cedar Ridge? ;D

KOJACK

Quote from: bigman5570 on November 10, 2017, 11:48:37 am
If we are lucky enough to win tonight I sure wouldn't mind being at home next week. That's honestly the only reason I'd be pulling for Cedar Ridge...nothing to do with Osceola. ;D

bigman5570

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2017, 11:51:46 am
If we are lucky enough to win tonight I sure wouldn't mind being at home next week. That's honestly the only reason I'd be pulling for Cedar Ridge...nothing to do with Osceola. ;D
Definitely a tough road for the Curley Wolves. An extra home playoff game would be nice!

Nomad1324

While I think the Beavers get by the Greyhounds, that's a tough 5-seed draw.

If we're going strictly by bracket positioning, Perryville could get by Melbourne and Haskell HG might get by Hoxie.

Fordyce and Elkins is a good match up, too.

CoolBreeze

November 10, 2017, 01:08:19 pm #10 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:10:36 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2017, 11:46:20 am
HHG over Hoxie would not be an upset, since both are 3-seeds.

As are Perryville and Melbourne.

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2017, 01:08:19 pm
HHG over Hoxie would not be an upset, since both are 3-seeds.
Any win over a 3-3A team would be an upset wouldn't it? I mean by reading these boards you would think so.

luxora4life

Quote from: KOJACK on November 10, 2017, 11:51:46 am

I find that last statement hard to believe, since Prescott would be on the road no matter who win the Osceola-CR game.

flow51

Why would Prescott being a 2 seed travel to Cedar Ridge being a 4 seed if they were to upset Osceola?

C'mon man!

Linebacker

This is easy! Newport upsets them big tooth beavers tonight!! Newport wins 28-14!  ;)

Paperman

My stomach would probably be upset if any of this happens.

Bald Knob could present problems to a banged up Rivercrest squad. I think the Colts will win, but you never know.
Nothing against Prescott, but i hope Piggott travels to Seminoles Stadium next week (Provided they defeat the Timberwolves)
I hope Newport plays its best game of the season tonight and wins at Glen Rose.
I think Hoxie gets a W
I hope Osceola plays well. Cedar Ridge is not unfamiliar with them (old conference rivals). But I hope Osceola gets the win.

Hey y'all I am a 3-3A guy.

Be safe everyone.

luxora4life

Quote from: flow51 on November 10, 2017, 04:10:38 pm
Why would Prescott being a 2 seed travel to Cedar Ridge being a 4 seed if they were to upset Osceola?

C'mon man!

Because the team on the top of the bracket will be the home team.

ghoti

higher seed is home. equal seeds top team on bracket is home.

501Arkansas

Quote from: bigman5570 on November 10, 2017, 11:48:37 am
What time do cedar ridge play? They didnt come tonight i see

Coltfan2005

CoolBreeze

Looks like the guys who predicted Newport over Glen Rose win the imaginary kewpie doll.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas