• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport at Glen Rose

Started by Navynuke, November 05, 2017, 12:22:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2017, 09:59:15 am
Sound mad to me whatcha think 501 Arkansas.  ;D

It does sound a little testy, but look on the bright side, GR did beat Prescott, the possible repeat champion

CapnObvious

Hahahahahahahahaha!! That is all ...

Monsta

👌🏽 me playing the worlds smallest violin for GR

Linebacker

It's funny as all get out to me ;D Beavers fans talked big all week.  The Mr. Rogers neighborhood show is over  ;D

thedirtye

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2017, 12:30:10 am
It only takes 1pt over the other team to advance. Yeah #3 seed Hoxie lost at home too the 4 seed but you forgot too mention 1 seed GR lost at home too.  :-X hmmmmm.
They lost at home, but it was to another 3-seed. No upset.

camo5257

Glen Rose is a classless bunch.. i think we're all glad to see them take the L

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2017, 09:59:15 am
Sound mad to me whatcha think 501 Arkansas.  ;D
REAL DEAL MAD😂 ISU7

501Arkansas

If you guys want to watch this game it is on youtube

Moose

Quote from: camo5257 on November 11, 2017, 01:04:49 pm
Glen Rose is a classless bunch.. i think we're all glad to see them take the L

This from a guy that has only came on this board to agitate.  You're a real winner...

camo5257

Quote from: Moose on November 11, 2017, 04:13:57 pm
This from a guy that has only came on this board to agitate.  You're a real winner...
No, Newport is the real winner ;)

Moose

Quote from: camo5257 on November 11, 2017, 04:15:59 pm
No, Newport is the real winner ;)

Don't forget about those Cardinals!  HAHA!  Hey, I think your Mom is calling you, you better run along now!

501Arkansas

By watching the game on youtube, Glen rose wasnt ready for newport at all. The joe kid did what he wanted to do. The newport defense was too fast for glen rose. Opening kick off newport ran it back for 90+ yards to start the 3rd quarter. Newport just wanted it more and glen rose looked over them

Moose

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2017, 05:00:17 pm
By watching the game on youtube, Glen rose wasnt ready for newport at all. The joe kid did what he wanted to do. The newport defense was too fast for glen rose. Opening kick off newport ran it back for 90+ yards to start the 3rd quarter. Newport just wanted it more and glen rose looked over them

That kickoff return was a game changer for sure.  He turned what was about to be a safety in to a 100 yd return. 

501Arkansas

Amd glen rose got away with so many unsportsmanlike.  Them kids play dirty and thats what these coaches teaches them? Newport guy already had scored, glen rose player was trying to push him down. Glad they are out

501Arkansas

Quote from: Moose on November 11, 2017, 05:08:21 pm
That kickoff return was a game changer for sure.  He turned what was about to be a safety in to a 100 yd return.
One more missed tackle he wouldve ran another one back to the house following the next kickoff in the 3rd

Steel Curtain

Joe Broadus #44 Most underrated RB in 3A

501Arkansas

Quote from: Steel Curtain on November 11, 2017, 05:47:24 pm
Joe Broadus #44 Most underrated RB in 3A
Yes sir he really his the kid is a monster

Bigred18

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2017, 05:47:57 pm
Yes sir he really his the kid is a monster

He's my favorite back to watch in 3a would like to see what he does next game

Linebacker

Glen rose is a Tier 2 school, average at best. Schools like Prescott and Charleston, junction city and others are Tier 1 schools. They have a winning tradition going back to the 1950's or more?  ;D Don't take my word for it look it up!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Linebacker on November 11, 2017, 06:30:10 pm
Glen rose is a Tier 2 school, average at best. Schools like Prescott and Charleston, junction city and others are Tier 1 schools. They have a winning tradition going back to the 1950's or more?  ;D Don't take my word for it look it up!
Dont have to they just lost to a 5 seed and is no longer in the playoffs😂🤧🤕🤒🤢😷 how is the basketball team?

KOJACK

Way to embarrass our conference gr. For a team that claims to be so physical it sounds like y'all got punched in the mouth and layed down. Pathetic how y'all play like world beaters against us but bow out against a 5 seed...yea yea I know not your typical 5 seeds but I know Newport got beat by Hoxie, Piggott and Osceola  so that equals 5 seed. But anyway just wanted let y'all know how much y'all embarrassed our conference. Got hit in the mouth and couldn't respond. Pathetic

Bayou Bully

Quote from: Linebacker on November 11, 2017, 06:30:10 pm

You need to look it up...don't believe either JC or Chuck won a state championship until after 2000. JC used to be everyone's homecoming until 1990ish

501Arkansas

They are soooo cocky and lost to a 5 seed at HOME🤦🏼‍♂️

Linebacker

No you look it up bud! I know already what Prescott for sure has done over th years! Junction and Charleston has done good also!

FBGFDRUM

After watching the game I have 0 sympathy for GR. Very classless, even by GR standards.

Hope that loss stung.

Bayou Bully

Quote from: Linebacker on November 11, 2017, 08:21:48 pm
No you look it up bud! I know already what Prescott for sure has done over th years! Junction and Charleston has done good also!

Ok bud. You know for sure what Prescott has done. But it's obvious you have no clue about the other two.

501Arkansas

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 11, 2017, 08:37:41 pm
After watching the game I have 0 sympathy for GR. Very classless, even by GR standards.

Hope that loss stung.
Man classless smh they are too darn cocky thinking they can't be beaten.

Linebacker

Quote from: Bayou Bully on November 11, 2017, 08:51:22 pm
Ok bud. You know for sure what Prescott has done. But it's obvious you have no clue about the other two.
You obviously haven't looked it up bud!

dragondad

Quote from: Bayou Bully on November 11, 2017, 07:33:58 pm
You need to look it up...don't believe either JC or Chuck won a state championship until after 2000. JC used to be everyone's homecoming until 1990ish

More like 2000'ish

flow51

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2017, 05:08:49 pm
Amd glen rose got away with so many unsportsmanlike.  Them kids play dirty and thats what these coaches teaches them? Newport guy already had scored, glen rose player was trying to push him down. Glad they are out

Just watched the game on YouTube also... I'm just glad others see what I've been saying all year about the penalties. GR acts like we just make this stuff up. Funny that they are all MIA now. Still licking their wounds that Brotus left them with. Glad they are gone to be honest!!

camo5257

Quote from: Moose on November 11, 2017, 04:23:32 pm
Don't forget about those Cardinals!  HAHA!  Hey, I think your Mom is calling you, you better run along now!
Lol, why so salty.  I'm not even really a hoxie fan, i just got into that one game and my opinion is that hoxie should've won! Opinion of many others too, and the refs literally sprinted off the field as soon as the game was over because they know they made a big mistake, but unfortunately that call is not challengable

camo5257

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 11, 2017, 08:37:41 pm

Hope that loss stung.
Couldn't have said it any better. #63 should have been thrown out by the 3rd quarter at least

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: flow51 on November 11, 2017, 09:42:47 pm
Just watched the game on YouTube also... I'm just glad others see what I've been saying all year about the penalties. GR acts like we just make this stuff up. Funny that they are all MIA now. Still licking their wounds that Brotus left them with. Glad they are gone to be honest!!

What's even more disgusting is the BLATANT home cooking. #9 spikes the ball with all his strength and the referee doesn't throw a flag.

Oh well, GR is historically a very trashy team. In the state game a few years back the Coach's son put his hands in a ref's face. Really goes to show where their manners come from.

camo5257

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 11, 2017, 09:50:10 pm
What's even more disgusting is the BLATANT home cooking. #9 spikes the ball with all his strength and the referee doesn't throw a flag.

Not only does the ref see him do it, he tries to catch the ball after it bounces 10 ft in the airXD

gameoflife

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on November 11, 2017, 09:50:10 pm

Oh well, GR is historically a very trashy team. In the state game a few years back the Coach's son put his hands in a ref's face. Really goes to show where their manners come from.

Saw that game and the ref put his hands on the kid, the kid just reacted. Doesn't make it right or what you want but the kid reacted before he even saw who grabbed him.  Some teams have a bad rap and others get away with murder.  The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

THA TRUTH

Robot Chicken

So who gets the game ball this week? Does that mean Newport gets to keep their own game balls?

Robot Chicken

I think GR should trade all their footballs they stole and swap them for basketballs!!!
I said it earlier a couple of weeks ago.......What goes around comes around. Karma!!

WPWells

Did GR not have enough All-Americans?

Untimeddown

Wow, this really makes me believe in the goodness of mankind.  First, AAA assigns refs for playoffs.  Spike should have been called.
Second, Hounds bullied, for lack of a better word, GR.  Very uncharacteristic.  Something that very few people have done in Kehners tenure. 
Third, penalties do not mean a near 90% win-loss ratio.
As an outsider, I have to say that the community understands that the coaches and players are the same skinny players as other communities but they do continue to win. Except for one year, 2-8, i think.
Community and real football people understand.
Just like, great job Newport, they will tell you it is a quality win.

Linebacker

camo5257

Quote from: Robot Chicken on November 12, 2017, 05:49:44 pm
I think GR should trade all their footballs they stole and swap them for basketballs!!!
I said it earlier a couple of weeks ago.......What goes around comes around. Karma!!
Glen Rose stealing footballs?

Untimeddown

I understand that the use of it and they is confusing for some. Ha, another personal pronoun, but I used they, after a comma, in the same sentence.  They would be renaming Newport.  Again, football games can seem to be generalized because of message boards and the media, but the people that walk between the lines, the ones that really matter, that know the difference between a 4-3 and a 4-2.  They understand that it was a quality win.  They also does not pertain to everyone in Newport. Just like saying, GR is a bunch of whiners, because they cry about losing all the time.  Some understand when you get dominated. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Untimeddown on November 13, 2017, 09:38:05 am
I understand that the use of it and they is confusing for some. Ha, another personal pronoun, but I used they, after a comma, in the same sentence.  They would be renaming Newport.  Again, football games can seem to be generalized because of message boards and the media, but the people that walk between the lines, the ones that really matter, that know the difference between a 4-3 and a 4-2.  They understand that it was a quality win.  They also does not pertain to everyone in Newport. Just like saying, GR is a bunch of whiners, because they cry about losing all the time.  Some understand when you get dominated.
People who know football also understand that a 1-point win does not constitute domination. And it doesn't take a GR fan to comprehend that fact.

I have never been to Glen Rose, but I did watch them play once. From the opposite side of the field.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas