• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(PLAYOFFS) Osceola vs Cedar Ridge and Colts vs Bald Knob

Started by 501Arkansas, November 04, 2017, 03:23:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Osceola and the colts are darn good teams coming out of the 3a3. Both finished 8-2 and will share the confs championship. How good is this bald knob team and cedar ridge team? What are you guys thoughts?

ISU7

redandgray

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Cedar Ridge runs the flexbone, not so much the double tight like us but use split ends.
Bald Knob like to run what Hoxie does

501Arkansas

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on November 04, 2017, 07:50:06 am
Cedar Ridge runs the flexbone, not so much the double tight like us but use split ends.
Bald Knob like to run what Hoxie does
Aw okay

Paperman

Bald Knob throws the ball a lot! Not as pass happy as six or seven seasons ago but yes similar to Hoxie! Cedar Ricge much more run heavy! These should be two good games! I am taking our kids (3-3A) in both!

panther07

ISU7

CoolBreeze

Both Cedar Ridge and Bald Knob finished 5-5 (4-3 in conference) and tied with Harding Academy.

Cedar Ridge is hard to figure out. They may be the Newport of 2-3A. They defeated BK by one on Thursday and played Barton surprisingly close the week before. Yet, Harding beat them by 17 while missing several key players.

srcranch

bootlegger

November 04, 2017, 05:44:40 pm #11 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:48:36 pm by bootlegger
Quote from: jacosportsfreak on November 04, 2017, 05:35:52 pm
One with speed.
do you mean their offense is only based on speed or only one player with speed?

srcranch

I am guessing they are a mostly run offense. Speed is one thing BK is missing. Obviously rivercrest is used to being in playoffs.

501Arkansas

srcranch

Thanks! The wing t its taking over arkansas high school football!!!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bootlegger on November 04, 2017, 05:44:40 pm
do you mean their offense is only based on speed or only one player with speed?

sure, one player with speed. That's about it.

Gridiron63

I'm not sure if CR can pull this out, but I definitely think it will be close. The CR defense has been a whole new beast these last few weeks holding Barton to 12 points. The offense has been clicking between the tackles. I would like to see them win. I love the way this team plays, lots of heart and intensity among the team. The upset of Bald Knob should not have been as close as it was. CR should have beat them by 2 TDs at least.

srcranch

FNLsupporter

As I would love to see the 3A-2 well represented in the playoffs, Osceola and Rivercrest will roll easily. Mayflower and Barton are really good this year, but after that, it falls off pretty harsh. Harding did gethe back their most versatile player and will be improved since midseason, but still not a big threat to make a run. BK really just doesn't have an offensive threat and their defense is not very good to put it blunt.  A recently moved up freshman is their biggest speed asset on offense. #7 and #44 are their workhorses on offense and defense alike. Rivercrest will run at will, I'm afraid!

srcranch

Trust me i see the struggles of BK every friday night! I dont know anything about rivercrest or oceola. I do find it interesting that every year people begin to speak about week conferences and strong ones! I am not sure what BK can do at rivercrest but would love to see the team that showed up at HA this year to be there this coming friday night! We are still talking about a field full of teenage boys!!!

Williebe147

Quote from: Gridiron63 on November 04, 2017, 10:43:41 pm
I'm not sure if CR can pull this out, but I definitely think it will be close. The CR defense has been a whole new beast these last few weeks holding Barton to 12 points. The offense has been clicking between the tackles. I would like to see them win. I love the way this team plays, lots of heart and intensity among the team. The upset of Bald Knob should not have been as close as it was. CR should have beat them by 2 TDs at least.

Bald Knob has the better team. BK beat HA and had a closer game with Barton than CR. Both teams are mediocore but they play very smart. BK could nave kicked an extra point but choose to go for two to win. Both games should be decent contests. Look for HA to do well in state as most of their hurt players  are back

501Arkansas

That running back for CR name Daylon Gant seems like a pretty good runninh back. Might give the seminoles a hard time friday night

Gridiron63

CR also has to stud LBs. These guys are really talented. Tore bald Knob up all night. CR would have beat Barton had the refs not cheated them out of it.

DogCatcher

Noles should win easy, colts will have the harder games, but should still win by a couple scores.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: srcranch on November 04, 2017, 11:35:05 pm
Trust me i see the struggles of BK every friday night! I dont know anything about rivercrest or oceola. I do find it interesting that every year people begin to speak about week conferences and strong ones! I am not sure what BK can do at rivercrest but would love to see the team that showed up at HA this year to be there this coming friday night! We are still talking about a field full of teenage boys!!!
The HA team that BK beat by 1 point is not very good and they were missing their best player. Beating HA this year isn't something to brag about like most years. I mean no disrespect, but in reality, HA finished 3rd and BK 5th. Rivercrest will run on us a lot like Mayflower did earlier this year. Please don't misunderstand me, I would love for BK to pull off the upset, but I'm also a realist!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Gridiron63 on November 05, 2017, 09:41:53 am
CR also has to stud LBs. These guys are really talented. Tore bald Knob up all night. CR would have beat Barton had the refs not cheated them out of it.
What are the lbs names?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 05, 2017, 12:04:44 pm
The HA team that BK beat by 1 point is not very good and they were missing their best player. Beating HA this year isn't something to brag about like most years. I mean no disrespect, but in reality, HA finished 3rd and BK 5th. Rivercrest will run on us a lot like Mayflower did earlier this year. Please don't misunderstand me, I would love for BK to pull off the upset, but I'm also a realist!
To be accurate, BK finished tied for 3rd with HA and CR. HA  got the 3-seed due to having more playoff points, not due to a better record than BK.

srcranch

I do get cracked up at people on this forum!! I was reading a forum recently it was like kids in a sand box "no my tractor pushes more sand than you tractor does" what i meant by my recent comment about HA had to do with BK team not how good HA was. They had a sense of togetherness that night that has been missing lately!

Gridiron63

The lbs names are Jonathan Morris or Morrison and the other is named Kyler Crabtree

501Arkansas

Quote from: Gridiron63 on November 05, 2017, 03:08:09 pm
The lbs names are Jonathan Morris or Morrison and the other is named Kyler Crabtree
Then kids are Pretty good

501Arkansas

Paperman

Gridiron63

They're dang good. Since Crabtree got healthy he's been a force to reckon with. No one has stopped him running the ball or on defense.

Coltfan2005

So, every game they lost was because this kid wasn't healthy?

teh29

This one is easy.. Overall team speed is the difference.. Osc and rc both run away with these.. 2td+ wins for both.. On to round two.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 05, 2017, 09:16:01 pm
So, every game they lost was because this kid wasn't healthy?
Thats what im trying to figure out

FNLsupporter

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 05, 2017, 02:47:19 pm
To be accurate, BK finished tied for 3rd with HA and CR. HA  got the 3-seed due to having more playoff points, not due to a better record than BK.
At the end of the day, none of the 3,4, or 5 seed teams are very good. BK beat HA, HA beat CR, CR beat BK.  None of it really matters at this point. It's about like winning a pillow fight! Just through a non biased evaluation, they are all 3 probably a 1 and done in the playoffs.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: srcranch on November 05, 2017, 03:03:42 pm
I do get cracked up at people on this forum!! I was reading a forum recently it was like kids in a sand box "no my tractor pushes more sand than you tractor does" what i meant by my recent comment about HA had to do with BK team not how good HA was. They had a sense of togetherness that night that has been missing lately!
I didn't see the togetherness that you're speaking of.  What I watched was poor coaching and a costly penalty at the final minute by HA.  Otherwise, HA kicks a field goal and wins that game as well.  I was thrilled to see BK win, but it wasn't because of togetherness. They played good enough to win that night, but also bad enough to lose. I would put it more as HA lost that game instead of BK won.

oasistrader

FNLsupporter

Quote from: oasistrader on November 05, 2017, 10:56:22 pm
My prediction for Round 1- HA wins,BK and CR lose
I'm inclined to agree with you, although I'd love to see BK pull off the W as well. 

501Arkansas

Looks like CR is a run first team i see that they have a few games with 400+ yards rushing and one game they where 5 rushing yards from 500 yards.. hmmm. Daylon Gant has 1400+ rushing yards. Look like if the noles stop the run they will blow these guys out. Just slow down #26 Grant, #36 Crabtree and #23 Bennett.

ISU7

Quote from: DogCatcher on November 05, 2017, 11:25:28 am
Noles should win easy, colts will have the harder games, but should still win by a couple scores.
Lol ;D 8) We will take a one point win. It's win and advance from here out.. 8)
safe travels to BK..

ISU7

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 05, 2017, 11:02:23 pm
I'm inclined to agree with you, although I'd love to see BK pull off the W as well.
You never know about high school football. I was told for weeks that Osceola would blow out Crest no matter where they played the game, well we all know how that came out :o. The game has to be played on the field. Good luck too all the teams in the playoffs and safe travels too those that are traveling. 8)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on November 06, 2017, 02:29:02 am
You never know about high school football. I was told for weeks that Osceola would blow out Crest no matter where they played the game, well we all know how that came out :o. The game has to be played on the field. Good luck too all the teams in the playoffs and safe travels too those that are traveling. 8)
+1

srcranch

I would also love to see a W for BK!  I do pray for safe travels and good games for all!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: srcranch on November 06, 2017, 03:27:59 pm
I would also love to see a W for BK!  I do pray for safe travels and good games for all!!
And safety to the players on the field. No serious injuries.

srcranch

FNLsupporter

501Arkansas

The new one is right on the highway where the high school is located.  I-55 and West State Hwy 14

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 06, 2017, 08:49:10 pm
The new one is right on the highway where the high school is located.  I-55 and West State Hwy 14
The Cotton patch is in wilson arkansas

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas