• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A 1st Round playoff games

Started by Razorback Red, November 03, 2017, 11:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Only 1 really interesting round 1 game IMO with Springdale at Cabot.  Can't see any of the others being very close. 

Northside at Har-Ber- Won't be close long, HB rolls
Rogers at Conway- very lopsided, Conway by a lot
Springdale at Cabot- Could be a great game, I'll go Cabot close at home
Southside at Fayetteville- FHS peaking at the right time, Bulldogs by 17

If these hold, there are some really good 2nd round matchups ahead. 

footballfan73

Razorback Red

Quote from: footballfan73 on November 03, 2017, 11:26:14 pm
Where did you find the bracket?

I haven't see the official bracket yet, but I do know these are the 1st round games. 

Razorback Red

Again, not official yet, but I think the NS/Harber winner plays NLR, the Cabot/Springdale winner plays Bentonville, the Conway/Rogers winner plays West and the SS/FHS winner plays Bryant. 

If my predictions are correct, 3 of those 2nd round games would be really, really good matchups. 

Razorback Red

November 04, 2017, 07:00:48 am #4 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:02:52 am by Razorback Red
Official Bracket (Bentonville and NLR have home-field through semi's) and home teams listed on top:

Bentonville
Bye

Cabot
Springdale

Bryant
Bye

Fayetteville
Southside

NLR
Bye

Harber
Northside

West
Bye

Conway
Rogers

High Voltage

NS - 35
Harber - 34

Conway - 49
Rogers - 0

Cabot - 21
Springdale - 14

Fayetteville - 56
Southside - 0

bbishop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 06, 2017, 10:04:20 am
NS - 35
Harber - 34

Conway - 49
Rogers - 0

Cabot - 21
Springdale - 14

Fayetteville - 56
Southside - 0
Is this wishful thinking?  I don't see NS getting past Harber.  Also, not sure about the Cabot Springdale game, I think Springdale can beat them if Cabot plays like they did against NLR. 

High Voltage

Quote from: bbishop on November 06, 2017, 02:21:58 pm
Is this wishful thinking?  I don't see NS getting past Harber.  Also, not sure about the Cabot Springdale game, I think Springdale can beat them if Cabot plays like they did against NLR. 
Don't think much of Harber and NS has the athletes to beat them. Cabot vs. Springdale is a toss up.

bbishop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 06, 2017, 07:07:29 pm
Don't think much of Harber and NS has the athletes to beat them. Cabot vs. Springdale is a toss up.
Ok, thanks for explaining.  I have not seen Harber.

sportsguy80

The Harber/NS game could be interesting. I haven't seen NS play but an athletic team could give Harber problems. The top 4 teams in the West don't have much separation. This game and the Springdale/Cabot game should be the most competitive.

tj1987

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 07, 2017, 05:09:13 am
The Harber/NS game could be interesting. I haven't seen NS play but an athletic team could give Harber problems. The top 4 teams in the West don't have much separation. This game and the Springdale/Cabot game should be the most competitive.
Har-ber has a real problem protecting their QB, which causes them to throw too many picks.  They also get out-coached on a regular basis-not being negative but it is just the truth.  They have great athletes that play hard however and they should win, but I would not be shocked if Northside gives them trouble.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: tj1987 on November 07, 2017, 06:34:56 am
Har-ber has a real problem protecting their QB, which causes them to throw too many picks.  They also get out-coached on a regular basis-not being negative but it is just the truth.  They have great athletes that play hard however and they should win, but I would not be shocked if Northside gives them trouble.

Pretty spot on

sportsguy80

Quote from: tj1987 on November 07, 2017, 06:34:56 am
I agree. When they played Fayetteville I thought they could have stuck with the run game a bit more since they were having success. They have the talent to make a run but the coaching factor is very suspect.

tj1987

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 08, 2017, 05:41:48 am
I agree. When they played Fayetteville I thought they could have stuck with the run game a bit more since they were having success. They have the talent to make a run but the coaching factor is very suspect.
I agree with you.

Rob Van Winkle

The frustrating thing with Harber is they had the ball late with a chance to win against BV and FV, both on the road, and had turnovers to end potential game tying/winning drives. Actually turned it over their last 2 drives against FV. Give credit to the defenses of BV & FV for coming up with big plays to cause those turnovers.

The encouraging thing for Harber fans is even with the problems protecting the QB and the turnovers, they were very close to being 9-1 and causing a 3 way tie for 1st place. So IF they can improve in these areas they could cause some noise in the playoffs. I know that's a BIG IF based on how they performed during that 3 game stretch but they do have some athletes and playmakers so hopefully they can put it together and make a run.

Rob Van Winkle

Looks like a pretty good call so far Volt.

bulldogger15

Razorback Red

Congrats to NS on the road win.  Man, I had this one wrong.  Gotta love HS playoffs. 

tj1987

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 03, 2017, 11:19:41 pm
Only 1 really interesting round 1 game IMO with Springdale at Cabot.  Can't see any of the others being very close. 

Northside at Har-Ber- Won't be close long, HB rolls
Rogers at Conway- very lopsided, Conway by a lot
Springdale at Cabot- Could be a great game, I'll go Cabot close at home
Southside at Fayetteville- FHS peaking at the right time, Bulldogs by 17

If these hold, there are some really good 2nd round matchups ahead.
Told everyone that would listen even on this board Harber would struggle.  I rest my case.  #watchfilm

tj1987

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 10, 2017, 10:16:42 pm
Congrats to NS on the road win.  Man, I had this one wrong.  Gotta love HS playoffs.
[/quote
Youre right its always crazy!

Pr8hd

+1
Nice call on this one, I did not see this one coming at all.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas