• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bryant at Conway

Started by bearfan, October 30, 2017, 10:23:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bearfan

Believe me now, Conway wins this one by 14+

francocat

I would like to hear from some objective Bryant folks. Have y'all played well the past two weeks? Have you just lost your momentum? I'm just surprised that the Cabot game was so close & that you couldn't hold on to the lead at home vs. NLR. Just curious.

flyhigheagles22

Losing their starting QB probably hurting them huge.

Walter

When you play decent defense you are never out of the game. NLR only got us by 11 points and that is because of an offense not quite good enough. Every Week our QB gets more experience and better. I can not predict a Bryant win but no way do we lose by 14 or more.

Razorback Red

Quote from: SardisHog on October 30, 2017, 04:49:01 pm
When you play decent defense you are never out of the game. NLR only got us by 11 points and that is because of an offense not quite good enough. Every Week our QB gets more experience and better. I can not predict a Bryant win but no way do we lose by 14 or more.

Was about to chime in with the same response.  Bryant's D is very tough and offense is still efficient. 

I would put this game 50/50, can't see either team pulling away big.

IAFLAR7

October 31, 2017, 11:38:30 am #5 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:20:28 pm by IAFLAR7
Quote from: Razorback Red on October 30, 2017, 04:51:51 pm
Was about to chime in with the same response.  Bryant's D is very tough and offense is still efficient. 

I would put this game 50/50, can't see either team pulling away big.

Just comparing scores I think Conway is a sleeping giant. I think this team could make a deep run in the playoffs. Bryant runs into a buzz saw this week again without Hefley. Conway by  2-3 tds.

francocat

Bryant will feel the effects of the NLR game, physically & emotionally, but no way is this a 2-3 TD win for Conway. This has become an interesting rivalry, even in Jr. High and Conway is on a roll. I'll say Conway by 9. On another note, a reliable source says that Hefley is trying to transfer back to PA for next year since Hatcher will be gone. True?

IAFLAR7

October 31, 2017, 01:21:40 pm #7 Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:28:12 pm by IAFLAR7
Quote from: francocat on October 31, 2017, 12:01:51 pm
Bryant will feel the effects of the NLR game, physically & emotionally, but no way is this a 2-3 TD win for Conway. This has become an interesting rivalry, even in Jr. High and Conway is on a roll. I'll say Conway by 9. On another note, a reliable source says that Hefley is trying to transfer back to PA for next year since Hatcher will be gone. True?
Probably have to ask him. As for this being a rivalry, yeah you could say that. Think it goes back to when Bryant first became competitive in 1999. They (Bryant) was perceived as not being a football school yet they kept beating Conway when no one expected it. I think since 1998 they have got the best of Conway in the series. Certainly more competitive now though with Ashcraft. During Smith's last few years it was almost hard to watch as game planning for Conway was not that hard.

WampusCat30

I got Conway in a super competitive game

urban legend2

I'm leaning toward Conway in this one. I knew if Bryant lost to NLR, Conway would be just as tough simply because they're at home. Wampus Cats and Fayetteville may be the sleeper of the playoffs.

Maynard G Krebs

Wampus cats need to add an extra leg to pull this one off

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: francocat on October 31, 2017, 12:01:51 pm
If he does transfer back to PA, he'll have to sit out a year. AAA handbook says so.

Walter

If that's the case he wont transfer because he will be a senior.

STBruin

Seriously don't think that is true. First and foremost he would have to sit out and he would be a senior so it wouldn't make any sense to transfer.

STBruin

secondly...PA has a VERY senior heavy team this year... next year only 4 offensive starters returning...2 OL, 1 WR, 1 RB...and 4 defensive starters returning as well...1 DL, O LBs, 3 DBs...think Bryant will be in better shape next year, with a really solid young group of guys returning.

Panther36

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading "legal Domicile" section of the AAA handbook.

trevster10

Looks like Bryant's leading receiver Brandon Murray will play tonight. He had 45 yards and a touchdown in the game against NLR before having to leave in the 2nd Quarter due to a mild concussion. But, it looks like he'll play tonight. Also looks as if it will still be sophomore QB Jake Meadors getting the start tonight over Junior Ren Hefley.

Here's to a great game with a BYE week in the playoffs on the line!

IAFLAR7

Already 14-0 early on...might even go worse than I thought for Bryant..

Walter

High Voltage

Man this sounds like a great game!

kyle0214

42-31 Bryant any questions?

riccoar

Walter

riccoar

Saw them score 35 and then feed locked

Walter

kyle0214

Conway tackled at the their 10 yard line with an unsuccessful 4th down try and Bryant punched it in from 10 yards out to make it 42-31

Walter

Maynard G Krebs

Eager to read about this one tomorrow

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 03, 2017, 10:04:17 pm
Eager to read about this one tomorrow
Wow - good for Bryant. I was completely wrong on this one.

trevster10

Quote from: trevster10 on November 03, 2017, 11:46:32 am
Looks like Bryant's leading receiver Brandon Murray will play tonight. He had 45 yards and a touchdown in the game against NLR before having to leave in the 2nd Quarter due to a mild concussion. But, it looks like he'll play tonight. Also looks as if it will still be sophomore QB Jake Meadors getting the start tonight over Junior Ren Hefley.

Here's to a great game with a BYE week in the playoffs on the line!

Some stats for ya this morning, relevant to the above quoted post.

Bryant Sophomore QB Jake Meaders was 20/33 for 270 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT. RB LaTavion Scott rushed 20 times for 139 yards with 1 TD. WR Brandon Murray (mentioned above) had 5 catches for 96 yards and caught all 3 of Meaders' TD passes.

Bryant's offense (again without Junior QB Hefley) outgained Conway in yardage, 399-253.

Walter

Does Coach James have a problem with who to start in two weeks? Jake has grown a lot the past 4 or so weeks. He still thinks he is a running QB at times but can throw the ball. Personally I think the start should go back to Ren but only for a short time if he is too rusty,

IAFLAR7

Quote from: SardisHog on November 04, 2017, 12:48:03 pm
Does Coach James have a problem with who to start in two weeks? Jake has grown a lot the past 4 or so weeks. He still thinks he is a running QB at times but can throw the ball. Personally I think the start should go back to Ren but only for a short time if he is too rusty,
I think you have to go Hefley. Meadors being able to run is a nice benefit but not necessarily a necessity. I think he will make a lot more throws that Meadors won't make.

STBruin

Quote from: SardisHog on November 04, 2017, 12:48:03 pm

Dont think James has a problem at all. I don't think Jake thinks he is a running QB,rather at his size (5'8" or 5'9") he can't see his WRs running their routes all the time behind the line he has. He seemed to calm down and get better as the night went on, but after the first half, I thought they might go to the 3rd string QB. There were also a couple plays in the 2nd half that were really bad decisions, but he got away with it. He is a young QB, and young QBs are susceptible to making bad decisions, but Bryant walked away with a win. With the win, you get a bye week, and Ren will practice this week, which should help with the rust.

Maynard G Krebs

Hefley will get the nod to start.

Hornet-Hawg

Ren practiced last week, just no contact. He even warmed up with the 2nd team O Friday night.

francocat

Hats off to Bryant for a great comeback victory. I think anyone who watched would agree that the last Bryant TD was just a result of a 4th down desperation play by Conway & the 35-31 score before that was more indicative of what really happened on the field. I hear a lot about Bryant injuries, but Conway lost a key receiver (TD pass in first half) & Michael George couldn't go in the 4th quarter. I think the Central will surprise some folks in the playoffs.

Walter

Quote from: STBruin on November 05, 2017, 11:37:01 am
Dont think James has a problem at all. I don't think Jake thinks he is a running QB,rather at his size (5'8" or 5'9") he can't see his WRs running their routes all the time behind the line he has.

The statement about Jake's size is more than likely correct. I did not think about that. Ren is a junior and more developed. Jake will turn into a good QB before long. I still wonder about the "rust" after 5 or 6 weeks he has not played.

STBruin

Quote from: SardisHog on November 06, 2017, 05:11:46 pm
The statement about Jake's size is more than likely correct. I did not think about that. Ren is a junior and more developed. Jake will turn into a good QB before long. I still wonder about the "rust" after 5 or 6 weeks he has not played.

Practicing last week and then with the bye...would think the "rust" would be minimal. Jake has played well, especially being a sophomore with limited snaps. Will be interesting to watch him develop...and here's to hoping for a growth spurt or two.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: STBruin on November 07, 2017, 03:26:55 pm
Practicing last week and then with the bye...would think the "rust" would be minimal. Jake has played well, especially being a sophomore with limited snaps. Will be interesting to watch him develop...and here's to hoping for a growth spurt or two.
And, I've heard Bryant has a really good freshman QB coming up next year.

Walter

Any word on Conway's running back? Is the ankle well enough for him to play Friday?

francocat

Walter

Good he added a lot to Conway's offense.

francocat

That may be the understatement of the century. ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas