• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which 6A Team has the hardest remaining schedule?

Started by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam, October 23, 2017, 12:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What team has the hardest remaining schedule?

Pine Bluff  (Home against West Memphis / At Jacksonville)
4 (25%)
El Dorado (At Russellville / At Texarkana)
11 (68.8%)
West Memphis ( At Pine Bluff / Home against Mountain Home)
0 (0%)
Texarkana (At Siloam Springs / At El Dorado)
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: October 30, 2017, 12:37:09 pm

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

What are your thoughts on these 4 teams and their remaining schedules?  Does anyone have it easy going into the last 2 weeks of the regular season?

AHS06

Obviously El Dorado going to Russellville and closing out hosting the Hogs.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 23, 2017, 12:40:05 pm
Obviously El Dorado going to Russellville and closing out hosting the Hogs.

I agree with that. On paper ED has two tough opponents, however, things get crazy this time of year.  I can see Texarkana going on a skid, after last weeks loss, they could get upset at Siloam then get routed at ElDorado.  Could get interesting for Texarkana.

greenman478

I would say WM has the hardest remaining schedule.  PB arguably the best team in 6A and MH running the option is always tough to prepare for even when they are not very good.  It's tough to get ready to play an option team.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: greenman478 on October 23, 2017, 01:03:19 pm
I would say WM has the hardest remaining schedule.  PB arguably the best team in 6A and MH running the option is always tough to prepare for even when they are not very good.  It's tough to get ready to play an option team.

Pine Bluff is better than Greenwood in your opinion?

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 23, 2017, 12:41:51 pm
I agree with that. On paper ED has two tough opponents, however, things get crazy this time of year.  I can see Texarkana going on a skid, after last weeks loss, they could get upset at Siloam then get routed at ElDorado.  Could get interesting for Texarkana.
+1 on paper

zebradynasty

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 23, 2017, 01:39:49 pm
No way Texarkana get's upset by SS!

Hide and watch.  This is a huge trap game for Texarkana.  They suffered a tough loss at home.  They won't travel well.  They will be thinking about the game against ED the next week and overlook Siloam Springs.  Siloam is bad, but they would LOVE to upset the apple cart by beating Texarkana.   

AHS06

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 23, 2017, 01:47:30 pm
Hide and watch.  This is a huge trap game for Texarkana.  They suffered a tough loss at home.  They won't travel well.  They will be thinking about the game against ED the next week and overlook Siloam Springs.  Siloam is bad, but they would LOVE to upset the apple cart by beating Texarkana.
Texarkana will be ready for Siloam.  The loss to Russellville in my opinion was the trap game. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: AHS06 on October 23, 2017, 02:05:21 pm
Texarkana will be ready for Siloam.  The loss to Russellville in my opinion was the trap game. 

You may be right.  It'll be an interesting match up.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Russvegas is unknown to me. Haven't seen them play this year.  But Eldo hasn't played well in the first quarter after a bus ride this year, and Russvegas is a good 3 hour ride.  And yes AHS is down compared to years past, but it's still AHS vs EHS and it's a rivalry.  AHS has the athletes to compete with anyone.  Just needed coaching and our EHS staff hasn't coached against this group yet.  Could be interesting.

greenman478

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 23, 2017, 01:12:11 pm
Pine Bluff is better than Greenwood in your opinion?

I said PB was arguably the best team in the state. I didn't say they were definitely better.  They are the two beat teams in my opinion.  I think we will find out who is better come playoff time. I do think they will meet in the championship.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: greenman478 on October 24, 2017, 12:56:26 pm
I said PB was arguably the best team in the state. I didn't say they were definitely better.  They are the two beat teams in my opinion.  I think we will find out who is better come playoff time. I do think they will meet in the championship.

Pine Bluff will get upset by either Russvegas or ElDo!  Mark my words!

zebradynasty

October 24, 2017, 02:08:41 pm #13 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:03:21 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 24, 2017, 01:01:57 pm
Pine Bluff will get upset by either Russvegas or ElDo!  Mark my words!

Eldorado really wouldn't be an upset many epic battles with them. They can be 5-5 or 10-0 and I would expect a close game. I have no idea why you have this fascination with Russellville! They haven't beat a team with a winning record. Only thing I can see is because they beat you last year.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 24, 2017, 02:08:41 pm
Eldorado really wouldn't be an upset many epic battles with them. They can 5-5 or 10-0 and I would expect a close game. I have no idea why you this fascination with Russellville! They haven't beat a team with a winning record. Only thing I can see is because they beat you last year.

Cause yanking your chain is so darn easy.  LOL

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 24, 2017, 02:08:41 pm
Eldorado really wouldn't be an upset many epic battles with them. They can be 5-5 or 10-0 and I would expect a close game. I have no idea why you have this fascination with Russellville! They haven't beat a team with a winning record. Only thing I can see is because they beat you last year.

I miss those battles.  Used to be last game of the year.  And usually decided conference champions.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 24, 2017, 09:46:03 pm
I miss those battles.  Used to be last game of the year.  And usually decided conference champions.

Careful not to yank Mr Dynasty's chain too much. 

The Future

October 25, 2017, 08:47:32 am #17 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:51:13 am by The Future
I go with Eldorado.
Texarkana has both games on the road yes. But they will finish 1-1. Also their game with Eldorado could be a good one.
And both Pine Bluff and West Memphis get their donnybrook out of the way before playing a warm up game before their bye weeks. West Memphis has to travel to Pine Bluff so there's an argument their schedule is slightly more difficult than Pine Bluffs.

But none beat traveling to Russellville then hosting Texarkana, both of which are talented teams and both could be considered trap games for the Cats. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but in the chance that one of these teams do happen to beat Eldo, would that be enough to drop them to the third seed if Benton wins out? If so they will need to plan on both possibilities of having a bye or not. And to make sure after week 10 all their guys are healthy because being seed 3 won't give them a bye week to rest and prepare during. And that's something the other 3 teams won't have to worry about. (Texarkana will either miss playoffs or have a first round game anyway and regardless of who wins between Pine Bluff and West Memphis, both will have a bye)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas