• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russellville @ Texarkana

Started by Hogman2018, October 14, 2017, 05:10:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Predictions and thoughts? Big ball game

hogsanddogs

jeffslilbro

AHS06

jeffslilbro

AHS06

jeffslilbro

Seen both play, Russ well rounded. Tex. Makes a lot of mistakes, relies on just a few players. Russ has speed to keep up.

AHS06

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 15, 2017, 01:43:31 pm
Seen both play, Russ well rounded. Tex. Makes a lot of mistakes, relies on just a few players. Russ has speed to keep up.
We do make a lot of mistakes with penalties and lots of turnovers in recent games.  I doubt Russ has the speed but should be a good game. 

Texarkana_Piggie

looking forward to it.  senior night.  hogs by 3.  wps!

The Future

Texarkana 41
Russellville 21
Watch and see

bulldogger15

Hogman2018

I just watched Russ and GW game yall make alot of mistakes too! U need to tell ur coaces to quit whining on every call they did it the whole game! Russ will not beat us in Texarkana mark it down!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 15, 2017, 05:03:49 pm
I just watched Russ and GW game yall make alot of mistakes too! U need to tell ur coaces to quit whining on every call they did it the whole game! Russ will not beat us in Texarkana mark it down!
+1 Agreed Hogman. I hope you put it all there on the Whineclones. I bet the whole town of Russellville is wondering how they went went from state champs to state chumps! Lol

You better have a whole lotta cheese at the snack bar because you're gonna get a whole lotta whine from Russellville. Soft....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

dubbnation

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 15, 2017, 05:12:51 pm
+1 Agreed Hogman. I hope you put it all there on the Whineclones. I bet the whole town of Russellville is wondering how they went went from state champs to state chumps! Lol

You better have a whole lotta cheese at the snack bar because you're gonna get a whole lotta whine from Russellville. Soft....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Nah. Whole town is not wondering. Maybe those who know nothing about football. No one expected to repeat. New coach/staff. Lost lots of seniors. Rebuilding year. Figured we'd be .500 at best.

Valleysports

bulldogger15

Quote from: dubbnation on October 15, 2017, 08:04:39 pm
Nah. Whole town is not wondering. Maybe those who know nothing about football. No one expected to repeat. New coach/staff. Lost lots of seniors. Rebuilding year. Figured we'd be .500 at best.
The worst part is you were defeated before the season started with that attitide. Soft.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

I gotta go with the athleticism of AHS in this one.

Russ - 21
AHS - 28

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

I don't see russellville bouncing back after the pounding they took friday night.  Texarkana is fast and will be all over russellville's QB.  However, if russellville can come out quick and punch Texarkana in the mouth, I think the Razorbacks might fold. 

My bet is that russellville won't bounce back after last week. Plus a long road trip.   Texarkana will come to play!

Texarkana  -  31
russellville  -  13

RiverRunner02

Long bus rides can be either beneficial or harmful. It basically comes down to the athlete and how they take it. I expect a great game from 2 very athletic teams. 

dubbnation

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 16, 2017, 02:15:29 am
The worst part is you were defeated before the season started with that attitide. Soft.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

LOL!

Wildcat Football

I've seen both teams play and this is a hard game to predict.  I will give Texarkana the edge just because of its defense, speed, and home game.  21-17 Hogs pull it out in a close one.  Texarkana's QB has a nice arm but overthrows targets too often (like by a lot!!), but maybe has worked out some kinks last couple of weeks.

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 17, 2017, 04:28:08 pm
I've seen both teams play and this is a hard game to predict.  I will give Texarkana the edge just because of its defense, speed, and home game.  21-17 Hogs pull it out in a close one.  Texarkana's QB has a nice arm but overthrows targets too often (like by a lot!!), but maybe has worked out some kinks last couple of weeks.
+1  I think we'll be more balanced this week and will help our young QB.

Hornet-Hawg

Russellville by 14 and the delusional Texarkana fans will have to find new excuses.  Young QB?  Penalties?  Refs?  Coach?  Phase of the moon?

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on October 17, 2017, 04:54:36 pm
Russellville by 14 and the delusional Texarkana fans will have to find new excuses.  Young QB?  Penalties?  Refs?  Coach?  Phase of the moon?
Pretty funny post, but not seeing a Russ win here unless TEX implodes with penalties and turnovers, which could happen. I will be shocked if Russ wins by more than 10 points.

AHS06

Well we do have a sophomore starting at QB and this would be his 3rd game.  We are penalized a lot with mental mistakes stalling drives.  Refs might miss a few calls and we'll probably turn the ball over twice.  All and all we will still beat Russellville.

PrivateLesson

Texarkana_Piggie

if you want to see the heart of this team, watch film of the second half of the first game of the season we played against PG and then watch the THS game.  and the first half of the greenwood game.  those boys fought tooth and nail for every inch and every point. 

rona

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 17, 2017, 06:59:43 pm
if you want to see the heart of this team, watch film of the second half of the first game of the season we played against PG and then watch the THS game.  and the first half of the greenwood game.  those boys fought tooth and nail for every inch and every point.

+1 Going to be dangerous once all phases come together.

Oldbadger

Quote from: rona on October 17, 2017, 07:57:08 pm
+1 Going to be dangerous once all phases come together.
Better hurry, only three games left!lol

bulldogger15

High Voltage

I just think if AHS executes they are too athletic for Russ.

ArkansasBoy

October 18, 2017, 09:54:45 am #31 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:38:16 pm by ArkansasBoy
its gonna be a good game

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Texarkana  -  31
russellville  -  13

Hogman2018

Hornet-Hawg you dont have a clue!! No excuses Texarkana by 10

Texarkana_Piggie

PrivateLesson

You're getting your close game TP!! 

Valleysports

Texarkana_Piggie

23-20 Russellville final. Horrible officiating. Blatant PI right in front of official in the end zone not called in OT.  That crew shouldn't see the field the rest of the season.

Valleysports

You missed Hornet-Hog!

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 20, 2017, 10:13:58 pm
23-20 Russellville final. Horrible officiating. Blatant PI right in front of official in the end zone not called in OT.  That crew shouldn't see the field the rest of the season.
Horrible officiating! 

High Voltage

Quote from: AHS06 on October 20, 2017, 10:39:23 pm
Horrible officiating! 
News flash, it is every Friday night in Arkansas and has been for twenty years now.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: Valleysports on October 20, 2017, 10:18:02 pm
You missed Hornet-Hog!

Only on the margin. Definitely not on the excuses!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on October 20, 2017, 10:58:36 pm
Only on the margin. Definitely not on the excuses!

Not excuses...reality. When the receiver shoved down the defender and the call is made on the defender...terrible call. The in over time the defender shoved our receiver...both hands in the chest shoved him down and no call was made...blatant. That was just 2 of the terrible calls. There were plenty more. And not just against us...they had a couple of bad ones too.

jeffslilbro

Hogman2018

Hats off to Russellville! No excuses but facts Texarkana had 15 penalties and Russellville had 3!  U cant beat too many teams with that many penalties.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 21, 2017, 01:27:59 pm
Hats off to Russellville! No excuses but facts Texarkana had 15 penalties and Russellville had 3!  U cant beat too many teams with that many penalties.

at least half of those were questionable at best.  esp. in the second half. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: High Voltage on October 20, 2017, 10:41:49 pm
News flash, it is every Friday night in Arkansas and has been for twenty years now.

I did think the crew that did the Benton/GW game was decent. The previous week at Russ the crew was all over the place. 15 penalties to 3 in this one is a big discrepancy.

High Voltage

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 22, 2017, 10:35:37 am
I did think the crew that did the Benton/GW game was decent. The previous week at Russ the crew was all over the place. 15 penalties to 3 in this one is a big discrepancy.
In the last ten years I have saw maybe two good crews. They get worse as they go, but hey as Rulesman always says, if you don't like it sign up.

Pr8hd

Quote from: High Voltage on October 22, 2017, 11:02:20 am
In the last ten years I have saw maybe two good crews. They get worse as they go, but hey as Rulesman always says, if you don't like it sign up.

Those guys get way too much criticism and not enough credit in most cases. I would not want to be an official or a coach in most cases. Parents make either job pretty miserable at times. Hats off to those with thick enough skin to do it. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 22, 2017, 11:15:57 am
Those guys get way too much criticism and not enough credit in most cases. I would not want to be an official or a coach in most cases. Parents make either job pretty miserable at times. Hats off to those with thick enough skin to do it.

I absolutely agree.  Officials are human and they make mistakes.  But, I do not believe they intentionally attempt to influence the outcome of a game.  They have a tough job, and for the most part, they do it well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas