• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thoughts on how far mayflower can go?

Started by woopig123456, October 12, 2017, 09:36:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Guy

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2017, 07:21:32 pm
actually, seen the Moving Vans play Bigelow and Barton. Seem to be a decent team but neither of those two teams had any speed to speak of and I was definitely not impressed with either's offense lines. Remains to be seen who the Sunflower boys do against a team with a big, physical offensive line and a backfield with speed.

(nibble...?)
May have to jig it a little!

Grayte88

First off, I should have known it would be a GR fan. You act the same way at baseball games crying to the umps when MF beats you every time! Beat you 12 -2 in district last year.The Oline can't block you say, lol. Close to 1700 yards rushing and around 35 TDS . How did they put up 14 in the first half and only ran 2 sets in an Exhibition game! They didnt run a 1/4 of the playbook. You should worry about Prescott tomorrow!

There is not much difference in Ken and Deon. Deon is more physical and harder to bring down. Keon plays the slot and he's a pretty good CB. If Deon gets tired or banged up then Keon moves to RB and the offense rolls on! They both run 4.4 and can catch the ball pretty good.

beach bum

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 12, 2017, 09:57:05 pm
First off, I should have known it would be a GR fan. You act the same way at baseball games crying to the umps when MF beats you every time! Beat you 12 -2 in district last year.The Oline can't block you say, lol. Close to 1700 yards rushing and around 35 TDS . How did they put up 14 in the first half and only ran 2 sets in an Exhibition game! They didnt run a 1/4 of the playbook. You should worry about Prescott tomorrow!

There is not much difference in Ken and Deon. Deon is more physical and harder to bring down. Keon plays the slot and he's a pretty good CB. If Deon gets tired or banged up then Keon moves to RB and the offense rolls on! They both run 4.4 and can catch the ball pretty good.

On fearless we have learned to add 2/10's on any forty time a fan lists.... If they ran legit 4.4 no one is even sniffing them at the small classification Arkansas high school level. Have you ever seen a person run a 4.4 actually? It's insanely fast.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 10:02:04 pm
On fearless we have learned to add 2/10's on any forty time a fan lists.... If they ran legit 4.4 no one is even sniffing them at the small classification Arkansas high school level. Have you ever seen a person run a 4.4 actually? It's insanely fast.

Jordan Jones runs a 4.39-4.4.

SR30

Did anyone else know it was high school baseball season?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 12, 2017, 09:57:05 pm

Baseball? Really? You know there's not much faith in a football team when a fan has to start talking about beating someone in another sport. The sad fact is, Maypole is being ranked higher than they deserve because they just haven't played a really good team. The conference is so weak this year starting at the top.

(I think I got a bite)

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 04:29:54 pm
Man, I remember that game. No one all year had jumped on Harding. We were up 14-0 at halftime. Held Harding to a season low first half yardage and just completely got blown out the water the second half.

Yea.  I was at that game.  That was what some people around here called the shock and awe offense for HA and Smackover shut them out in the first half.  Will Francis and the passing game came alive in the second half but the Bucks were the best 5 seed that has ever existed (IMO) that year.  They were a top ten team but still a 5 seed.   The 6-3A was brutal that year and Smackover would have actually won some conferences and finished 2nd in all the others.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 10:17:50 pm
Jordan Jones runs a 4.39-4.4.

So we should be expecting a combine invite in the future then?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 12, 2017, 11:19:50 pm
Yea.  I was at that game.  That was what some people around here called the shock and awe offense for HA and Smackover shut them out in the first half.  Will Francis and the passing game came alive in the second half but the Bucks were the best 5 seed that has ever existed (IMO) that year.  They were a top ten team but still a 5 seed.   The 6-3A was brutal that year and Smackover would have actually won some conferences and finished 2nd in all the others.

Yeah, that conference was definitely a force. Prescott, Fordyce, Smackover, McGehee and CHG.

dragondad

SR30

Billy Bob bubba ran a 8.2 in the all u can eat Buffett contest

HogRider12

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 10:02:04 pm
Deon runs a 4.48 and Keon a 4.49.  Deon is definitely a better runner, but Keon is not much different.  Against bald knob he played running back in the 4th quarter and broke a 95 yard TD up the gut.  Which got called back, so he decided to get 20 yards before bursting for another 70 for a TD. He's also averaging 20 yards a carry. If either has the ball the hand, watch out.

Catcher

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 11:45:08 pm
Yeah, that conference was definitely a force. Prescott, Fordyce, Smackover, McGehee and CHG.
I can tell you that conference that year was stacked and all 5 of those teams were really really good. That was as close to the SEC west as high school football got in Arkansas. Was a fight every week

KOJACK

With all this talent coming back from a 6-5 team, I'm surprised they were picked 4th in conference. 4.4's all over the place has to be worth something... ::)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Catcher on October 13, 2017, 08:46:59 am
I can tell you that conference that year was stacked and all 5 of those teams were really really good. That was as close to the SEC west as high school football got in Arkansas. Was a fight every week

Don't bring that up. Lol.

AmSycho

Quote from: KOJACK on October 13, 2017, 09:21:21 am
With all this talent coming back from a 6-5 team, I'm surprised they were picked 4th in conference. 4.4's all over the place has to be worth something... ::)

With that many 4.4's, they should be able to beat a few of the DII teams in the state. That's rolling. Wish I could see one of their games. I bet they have to resurface their turf on Saturdays after the games Friday night.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2017, 11:13:21 pm
Baseball? Really? You know there's not much faith in a football team when a fan has to start talking about beating someone in another sport. The sad fact is, Maypole is being ranked higher than they deserve because they just haven't played a really good team. The conference is so weak this year starting at the top.

(I think I got a bite)
Mosquito?

Grayte88

Quote from: AmSycho on October 13, 2017, 10:15:55 am
With that many 4.4's, they should be able to beat a few of the DII teams in the state. That's rolling. Wish I could see one of their games. I bet they have to resurface their turf on Saturdays after the games Friday night.
Well they play on grass , don't have to mow much probably. There is 2 players that run 4.4s or if you round up let's call it 4.5s. I would assume colleges are looking at them. I don't know at what level because of size. They are both juniors so they still have a year and a half of football left. Deon was an all state rb as a sophomore and has around 2700 yards rushing and atleast 50 tds in 16 games. Yes, they are fun to watch!

Grayte88

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2017, 11:13:21 pm

(I think I got a bite)
I wasn t really talking baseball, so let me slow it down so you can understand.  My point was a GR fan got on this thread talking trash just like their derogatory statements in baseball towards umpires or whoever.  This dude started the trash talking for no reason. Just being an moron. None of us has talked trash about GR, personally I think GR has a pretty good football team and I was hoping that GR would beat Prescott tonight but not anymore. I hope Prescott rolls them up in a big way.  I have plenty of faith in Mayflower. So let me say this now, Mayflower will beat GR next year in conference for a fact. Just mark it down. I would start cracking on GR town or their team but that's not my style. Only douchebags do crap like that.

panther07

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 13, 2017, 02:30:15 pm
I wasn t really talking baseball, so let me slow it down so you can understand.  My point was a GR fan got on this thread talking trash just like their derogatory statements in baseball towards umpires or whoever.  This dude started the trash talking for no reason. Just being an moron. None of us has talked trash about GR, personally I think GR has a pretty good football team and I was hoping that GR would beat Prescott tonight but not anymore. I hope Prescott rolls them up in a big way.  I have plenty of faith in Mayflower. So let me say this now, Mayflower will beat GR next year in conference for a fact. Just mark it down. I would start cracking on GR town or their team but that's not my style. Only douchebags do crap like that.

Easy... Glen Rose has a pretty darn good player that will be ready by next year that wasn't there when you guys played a scrimmage. 

SR30

Wow.. guess u couldn't find that ice bucket to soak your truly upset. I guess everyone else on here talking crap about mayflower is ok because they aren't from GR.. GR is solid year in and year out only losing 2 games last year. One being to the eventual state champs and to the state runner up and I sure don't see a thread "How far will GR go this year".. Don't let a few wins go to your head.  Prescott is the defending champs, they earned the right to ask if they can be stopped. So until you have a state trophy for football sitting in your field house show case I'd just enjoy the great season your having. Gr will be seeing you next season and oh my, they will be fun to watch.

Grayte88

Quote from: SR30 on October 13, 2017, 02:49:48 pm
Wow.. guess u couldn't find that ice bucket to soak your truly upset. I guess everyone else on here talking crap about mayflower is ok because they aren't from GR.. GR is solid year in and year out only losing 2 games last year. One being to the eventual state champs and to the state runner up and I sure don't see a thread "How far will GR go this year".. Don't let a few wins go to your head.  Prescott is the defending champs, they earned the right to ask if they can be stopped. So until you have a state trophy for football sitting in your field house show case I'd just enjoy the great season your having. Gr will be seeing you next season and oh my, they will be fun to watch.
I said Glenrose had a good football team . I'm sure your talking about Towers. He looked like a good player and I'm glad he got through his injury and look forward to seeing him play.  He started with the Mayberry crap and the streaker and we can't even get that right.  I know the kids read this stuff. His comment was BS. You won't find a post by me that is bashing any kids, their football team or the name of the town. It's pretty tacky and I cant believe any adult would condone that type of stuff. The title of the thread was how far can MF go. They could lose their next 4 games which I highly doubt or they can win out and go far in the playoffs which is more likely.  Although the game tonight does concern me with Hardings passing game. We will see how it goes. I don't think any Eagle fans said they were going to win the state championship so why all the negative talk. It started with him!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 13, 2017, 02:30:15 pm

but you did talk about baseball, even bragging how your baseball team beats some other team every time you play them. Now, I understand if it is a stretch to talk about your football team. Team has historically done very little and have to play in a very weak conf this year just to get some bragging rights. Be thankful for the bye first round.

Wardog87

Need I remind everyone what happened the last time Mayberry had an "unstoppable" offense and it was publicized on Fearless. Just ask Prescott if they remember that playoff game. Mayflower seems to be a really talented football team, but this situation just seems all too familiar.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wardog87 on October 14, 2017, 01:41:35 pm
Need I remind everyone what happened the last time Mayberry had an "unstoppable" offense and it was publicized on Fearless. Just ask Prescott if they remember that playoff game. Mayflower seems to be a really talented football team, but this situation just seems all too familiar.
Instead, why not ask Prescott what happened somewhat more recently to an unstoppable team?

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2017, 02:11:25 pm
Instead, why not ask Prescott what happened somewhat more recently to an unstoppable team?
When your defending State Champs and holding at the time the longest winning streak in the state and you had not lost a conference game in 3 years you have the right to think your unstoppable but streaks don't last forever.

RabidWolf

Let me chime in.

Very few Curley Wolves will admit this. Yes, most of us thought we were unstoppable. Honestly, we think that a lot. We expect to, and usually do, make very deep playoff runs every year. Especially returning what we do from a state championship team. We still expect the same. Just brought down to earth a little. The same with GR. they go in every week expecting to leave with a W. More times than not, that comes true. So when the two teams meet, it's an electric atmosphere. And always a great game to watch. Last night was no different.

Now what's funny is when teams that are usual middle of the pack team catch perennial front runners on down years and take that opportunity to crown themselves. But that's another story. I'll leave that one alone....

Williebe147

Quote from: Oldman on October 12, 2017, 10:34:09 am
They can be in Little Rock in December.

Yes they can play for it all if, they do not overlook someone. The big heads lose a lot of games for teams.

Coltfan2005

Mayflower lasted one week longer than Precott

Coltfan2005

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 12:22:55 pm
Realistically I would say most agree with this too... I would say they are the smallest of favorites right now in their 2nd round game against the 3 seed from the 6-3A. Still don't sleep on the 3 seed from that conference going to Mayflower and winning by a score or two. They could easily do that. Then in the quarterfinals I would give the tiniest edge to the winner of the 3-3A in that quarterfinal matchup. I am not saying that little section of 7 teams in the top right of the bracket is that strong of a section, however it should be super competitive between Mayflower, the winner of the 3-3A, and the 3 seed from the 6-3A. Those should end up being really close games whoever wins. Mayflower can lose in the 2nd round possibly, but maybe make it to the semifinals with a couple close wins. Their run ends in the semifinals though at best. That first round bye actually probably hurts them if the 3 seed from the 6-3A comes in healthy and more sharp just playing a 1st round game.

slight edge to winner of 3-3A? slight?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 12, 2017, 07:07:22 pm
That's why nobody is trashing Osceola or rivercrest. Only a donkey would get on here and disrespect Mayflower not Mayberry! Riverfest or Osceola, whichever team makes it  to Mayflower  in the 2nd round,  if doesn't matter. The Eagles will be ready. I'm sure they aren't scared of ant team at this point! I'm sure that you haven't seen them play cause you wouldn't be talking crap!
They will be ready? Wow i guess only scoring 14 points is called ready? They haven't played a real good defense and look what happen smh

CURLEYWOLF24

Coltfan2005

That's what everyone is asking this week.

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 30, 2017, 12:32:54 pm
That's what everyone is asking this week.
If you're from Rivercrest, you know who we are.

Coltfan2005

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 30, 2017, 01:52:07 pm
were
Every time we played y'all...Be glad you're moving to 4a so you don't have to find out the hard way again.

Coltfan2005

be glad our second seed trounced you so you wouldn't have to find out "were" is the correct word. :o

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 30, 2017, 01:54:18 pm
be glad our second seed trounced you so you wouldn't have to find out "were" is the correct word. :o
You better hope y'all don't see them again...btw when did y'all win it last again???

luxora4life

Quote from: KOJACK on November 30, 2017, 01:56:47 pm
You better hope y'all don't see them again...btw when did y'all win it last again???

Why?

KOJACK

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on November 30, 2017, 02:50:21 pm
Why?
Lux, maybe you should wait a few days before you answer that question. then, you might be able to say, "12/8/2018."

luxora4life

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 30, 2017, 03:26:09 pm
Lux, maybe you should wait a few days before you answer that question. then, you might be able to say, "12/8/2018."

I was just trying to figure out why "if" crest was to win Friday, they should HOPE to not see Osceola again. 

Coltfan2005

Quote from: KOJACK on November 30, 2017, 01:56:47 pm

2010. And played there again in 2015...but that is the past. I do believe these kids are looking to tomorrow night.

luxora4life

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 30, 2017, 03:26:09 pm

12/8/17.  And right now with all that this team has gone thru, we are bless to be still playing tomorrow.  Last Friday, Crest would have 5 or 6 freshmen and sophomores on the field on defense.  #finishdamission. Go Colts.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on November 30, 2017, 08:05:20 pm
12/8/17.  And right now with all that this team has gone thru, we are bless to be still playing tomorrow.  Last Friday, Crest would have 5 or 6 freshmen and sophomores on the field on defense.  #finishdamission. Go Colts.
Thanks for the correction. Sorry about the typo.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas