• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greers Ferry Lake Top 1A Games of Week 1

Started by ZacAttack, October 03, 2017, 10:21:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttack

Eagle Mom says the Greers Ferry Lake area is the most beautiful area of Arkansas (I can not disagree with her) and it may contain some of the best 1A teams in the state too.  What week 1 games are everyone looking forward to watching?

On Tuesday, defending state champs Guy-Perkins hosts Westside.  A little twist on this game is Westside beat GP in last year's season opener, but it didn't hurt in the end as the Thunderbirds held up the trophy in Hot Springs.  Looking forward to seeing what GP has this season.  A couple of other games of interest has Concord hosting White County Central and Coach Zarlingo debuts at Mt Vernon as the Warhawks host Pangburn.

On Friday, we have a rematch of last season's championship game when Guy-Perkins hosts Shirley.  I hope there is a program to identify all of the new players for BOTH teams.  It's only one early-season game, but it should give some insight into the future for these two teams.  The other interesting game of the night has Mt Vernon travelling to Concord.

Let the games begin!

thebigman3

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 03, 2017, 01:04:51 pm
I got GP and Mount Vernon in both games.
what are the starters looking like for Guy right now? All I know is they have the big kid and the PG from last year and now Tipton. Who else is starting

Bigleague

thebigman3

Guess we'll just have to see come October 17th.

ErnestTBass

While it is quite common and understandable for everyone to get all jacked up about the start of a new season what does the first week of a long long 20-21 week season really determine! No one will really fret over what happened in week 1 anyway when February March rolls around! The good coaches that struggle early will roll up their sleeves and go to work if they lose a few and ride their players hind ends even harder if they win! In the end this first week/ weeks mean nothing!! So buy you a coke and popcorn and enjoy this great game and atmosphere that is 1A basketball

SackAttack

Quote from: ErnestTBass on October 04, 2017, 12:56:24 pm
While it is quite common and understandable for everyone to get all jacked up about the start of a new season what does the first week of a long long 20-21 week season really determine! No one will really fret over what happened in week 1 anyway when February March rolls around! The good coaches that struggle early will roll up their sleeves and go to work if they lose a few and ride their players hind ends even harder if they win! In the end this first week/ weeks mean nothing!! So buy you a coke and popcorn and enjoy this great game and atmosphere that is 1A basketball
True all true and don't forget to have a smoke at halftime and between games and visit with the locals. amazing what you can find out about inner workings of a particular school and community!!

BannerChaser95

Kirby host Sr's only Mammoth Springs 10/20/17. Should be big 1st week games for both. Long drive for mammoth.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 06, 2017, 09:09:31 am
Kirby host Sr's only Mammoth Springs 10/20/17. Should be big 1st week games for both. Long drive for mammoth.
And Kirby and Mammoth became Greers Ferry Lake area schools when?? We don't want y'all up here Moonpie be trying to steal all our players!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on October 06, 2017, 12:34:16 pm
And Kirby and Mammoth became Greers Ferry Lake area schools when?? We don't want y'all up here Moonpie be trying to steal all our players!
it was an open thread. Just listing the game because it's week one. Don't worry, guy has that second part under control.

BannerMountainMan

Heard Guy looked Salty last night and Shirley looked rough but I guess from what y'all are saying is the first of the year don't matter so I'm gonna take Backboard and Sacks words to heart about that

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on October 06, 2017, 12:34:16 pm
:D :D :D :D
Everyone wants to be a GFL area school  ;), though there might be a connection here.  Shirley does play Mammoth Springs first game of the season.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 06, 2017, 12:47:04 pm
it was an open thread. Just listing the game because it's week one. Don't worry, guy has that second part under control.
Yes he's getting better and better at that second part for sure I will not dispute that although some might! Id just hate to know with all those chances and Ill leave it right there!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas