• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Week 5

Started by stuck in between, September 25, 2017, 11:17:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

With week four in the books there is still three 7-2A teams scrambling to get their first win. Rather or not any of those will taste victory this Friday night is unknown. One thing for sure though is it will not come easy for any of them. This week's schedule has the three teams with the worst records paired against the three with the best. Followed up by a couple of 1-3 teams going at each other and trying to get their second W for the year.

Foreman Vs. Dierks – The Outlaws face a stiff task traveling to Foreman to take on one of the hottest teams in the state. Foreman has pitched two consultative shutouts and has given up seven points defensively so far this year while averaging 43.6 points per game. Dierks has struggled under new Coach Jonathan Bates having yet to reach the win column and allowing close to five times as many points as they have forced. Things probably will not get any better for the Outlaws as the Gators look to invoke the mercy rule for the fourth time in as many games. I am superstitious and have not picked Foreman by a mercy rule margin yet this year. To keep with that, I'll say the Gators by 34.

Lafayette @ Spring Hill – The Cougars will try to capitalize on the momentum gained by defeating Murfreesboro last week. That 22-point victory broke the four-game losing streak they had been on since last year's playoff loss to Cross County. Spring Hill is also trying to reach the multiple win category after defeating Genoa in week three, but then falling to Foreman last week. Comparing the scores from both team's contest with Genoa one would think the Bears would get the win, but I feel like this one will end up in L.C.'s favor. Give the win to the Cougars by 14
Mineral Springs @ Mountain Pine – The Red Devils are vastly improved from previous times coming into the game with a 3-1 record. Competition will begin to stiffen a little now and they will see their toughest opponent since their week one loss to Jessieville. Like Dierks Mineral has struggled under their new leadership and is trying to get their first win for their program. The Hornets have been competitive in all but one of their matchups losing three out of four by six points or less. I think this might be the game in which things come together for them. I'll take Mule Shoe by a touchdown.

Mount Ida Vs. Murfreesboro – The Lions continue to take everyone to the wood shed and this week will be no exception. The Rattlers were able to put 40 on the board last Friday against Lafayette County and still came out with a loss. Ida has outscored their opponents by an average of thirty points. Murfreesboro is allowing an average of 50 points per contest. Look for the clock to run in this one as the Rattlers get mercy ruled for the fourth time this year. Lions by 35 plus.

tacklethis...

Mountain Pine/Mineral Springs should be the game of the week in the conference.
MP does have some atlethes, looked like about 20-22 players overall.

couch-coach06

looks good ... I think il strangely take the pine over mule shoe ... but I think if mineral ever gets a win it could boost there confidence and see them play up too there potential all those close losses tend too do bad things mentally too teams like that .. should be a good game and I bet its pretty high scoreing.

Eslim03

Two of the four games are easy and I agree with all the picks. Although I think spring hill can make that one a game also. The mineral game will be the best one in the conference this week. It could go either way but I too agree with the hornets taking this one.

outlaw39

Gators by 38
Laf. Co. by 10
Min. Springs by 7
Mt. Ida by 42

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas