• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who can stop Top ranked Mount Ida?

Started by OLionSwag74, September 24, 2017, 12:43:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLionSwag74

Plenty of great teams out there but who gots what it takes to stop the reigning kings?

couch-coach06

The Gators are the only ones in the conference with a chance ... I would think rison , Conway Christian, would be likely chances in the playoffs..

bigworm

I think Rison is the only team with a shot.

Old Scrapper

big E

And they would have to go to Rison if they both win conference.

sickwillie

OLionSwag74

Man that would be a great matchup! Two old school run down your throats teams.

dawg_days

ThreadWatcher

C'mon Dawg! You're not serious, are you?😉

beach bum

Mount Ida would beat Hampton by 3 or 4 touchdowns this season....

ak58

It's going to have to be a team that can atleast match them in the trenches for 4 quarters. And have a Speed/Athlete advantage at the skill players positions. Which I think rison can do both.

Cheek

Rison and maybe Earle.  I do not know if Earle has the line to slow them down.

couch-coach06

Trenches are the key .. most good teams have equal or better speed.. tenacity and size in the trenches.. the will too put your body on the line , playing through pain .. being mentally tuffer is what it will take too beat them

big E

Hornet4ever

Was able to watch the Magazine vs Mt. Ida game. Even though both teams are on opposite sides of the spectrum, you could really see Mt. Ida's potential...

They've got the size, very quick, and disciplined. Whoever takes Ida down will have my attention, they look VERY solid.

dawg_days

I think we can. Hamptons trenches have gotten better in a year and only going to get better as the year goes on. I think we just praise Mt. ida too much. They are beatable and would have trouble with a lot of teams. Nothing special to me.

ThreadWatcher

So.....You are saying that this year's Hampton is much better than last year's team?

dawg_days

no I'm saying they are older and more  experienced then they were last year.

ThreadWatcher

Another thread says only 2 Seniors for Hampton. That's bad info I guess

sickwillie

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on September 24, 2017, 08:47:14 pm
Another thread says only 2 Seniors for Hampton. That's bad info I guess

That's factual information. Hampton has two seniors.

M.I. D

Quote from: dawg_days on September 24, 2017, 08:45:25 pm
no I'm saying they are older and more  experienced then they were last year.

So is Mount Ida. They lost 2 good players from last year. Every skill player is back and a year older and better.

bulldawg2016

We will see when they actually have to play someone! But that probably won't be until the playoffs!

ThreadWatcher

September 24, 2017, 09:06:52 pm #22 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:09:10 pm by ThreadWatcher
Last year's Mt. Ida team was obviously a very good team. There are about a half dozen areas that I can say they have improved on since last year (not exaggerating). I will say this......Mt Ida will continue to do what they do, and it's fun to watch!

OLionSwag74

I started this thread, and I agree Forman will give the lions a really tough test before the playoffs. I can't wait for that game!

ThreadWatcher

HORNET-MAN

Watch Ida last Year very good team. Seen this year team Friday At Mineral..Ida is better then last year I'm picking them to repeat 15-0

HORNET-MAN

September 24, 2017, 11:06:33 pm #26 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:19:18 pm by HORNET-MAN
... 8)

dawg_days

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on September 24, 2017, 11:05:59 pm
Watch Ida last Year very good team. Seen this year team Friday At Mineral..Ida is better then last year I'm picking them to repeat 15-0

You can't get an accurate read on how good they are because they beat Mineral Springs. I would have like to see them play Prescott, Junction Ciry or a Smackover team. If they would have beat one them then maybe this thread is worthy but I think Rison rings their bell in the playoff. 

sickwillie

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on September 24, 2017, 11:05:59 pm

Repeat 15-0? They lost a game to Dierks last year 21-42

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: dawg_days on September 24, 2017, 11:28:56 pm

You can't get an accurate read on how good they are because they beat Mineral Springs. I would have like to see them play Prescott, Junction Ciry or a Smackover team. If they would have beat one them then maybe this thread is worthy but I think Rison rings their bell in the playoff.
You said Hampton earlier. Do you "think" Rison like you "thought" Hampton? You don't have to be a hater just because someone has a better team than you do.

BlueNGold52

I believe Mount Ida could get beat just like any other 2A tram it could happen. The only real threat in conference is Foreman but no one gave Dierks a chance last yr and it happened. Hopefully the Lions stay focused and keep rolling off wins. But one lapse of mind and defeat could jump out get them just like anyone else.

dawg_days

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on September 25, 2017, 05:28:07 am
You said Hampton earlier. Do you "think" Rison like you "thought" Hampton? You don't have to be a hater just because someone has a better team than you do.

I think both could do it.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: sickwillie on September 25, 2017, 01:16:04 am
Repeat 15-0? They lost a game to Dierks last year 21-42
Repeat as Champs With 15-0 mark this year.

sickwillie

fleaflicker24

The Forman Gators are the real deal! Very physical! I just can't see anyone being more physical than them! Ida better be on their best game when they play or it could spell trouble for them! Should be a great conference matchup!

BaseballPlayer11

Conway Christian has a great chance, solid o-line that can stop the defensive line on any 2A team. Plus, CC has more speed and athletes, Ida just has a bunch of big boys. If they ever play this year, I would pick Cc because they have a tendency to explode in the second half and just take over the game. My prediction for the score if they ever play this year will be 42-38 Conway Christian.

Hawgpilot

To respond to the question, probably only a 7A team and likely only one from the NW part of the state. ;D

HORNET-MAN

September 25, 2017, 10:47:37 am #37 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:22:04 pm by HORNET-MAN
Right now this make Good Talk.But the level of Competition the Lions or Gator has faced so far is not a true indication of how Good they are..When they meet in a few weeks we will have something to gauge them by.js

shah_guido_g

Quote from: Hawgpilot on September 25, 2017, 10:45:02 am
To respond to the question, probably only a 7A team and likely only one from the NW part of the state. ;D
Let's not get carried away here.

Hawgpilot

jsw6f0

Foreman should be a very good test but I believe​ Mt Ida gets the win. Foreman has a 5 hour bus ride to get here.  If both teams make it there I believe Mt Ida V Rison will be game of the year just wish it was at home.

PurpleGold1

Quote from: dawg_days on September 25, 2017, 06:17:25 am
I think both could do it.
There's no potential in Hampton anymore. And only way Rison would beat the Ida is if they keep playing like they have been.

stuck in between

Quote from: jsw6f0 on September 25, 2017, 05:59:25 pm
Foreman should be a very good test but I believe​ Mt Ida gets the win. Foreman has a 5 hour bus ride to get here.  If both teams make it there I believe Mt Ida V Rison will be game of the year just wish it was at home.

5 hours? Man, I hope your not driving the bus. You can drive from Foreman to West Memphis in 5 hours.

Lumberjackfan1978

Lions84

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on September 24, 2017, 12:43:12 pm
Plenty of great teams out there but who gots what it takes to stop the reigning kings?

Rison or Des Arc or Hazen

Old Scrapper

jag4life

Mccrory can stop them they did last time....

BlueNGold52

Quote from: jag4life on September 26, 2017, 10:09:54 pm
Mccrory can stop them they did last time....

I believe most of the boys from the 2015 game would tell you that Mount Ida literally handed McCrory that game just too many fumbles. This is not the same Mount Ida team that McCrory played then.

Old Scrapper

ThreadWatcher

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas