• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lions face Cross County

Started by Lions84, September 24, 2017, 08:23:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Can the Lions improve to 2-3 this week against the T birds

Lions win
11 (42.3%)
T birds win
15 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: September 29, 2017, 08:23:28 am

Lions84

I see the Loins winning in a upset by 3.

playmaker04

Not sure it would be an upset. The Tbirds have had problems scoring and stopping folks but the teams we have lost to are a combined 10-2. Made some changes offensively and defensively against Midland and looked better but it was Midland. When #1 and #36 are in the backfield at the same time they are much better and it finally happened last Friday. They both had over 130+ rushing. Our run defense is better since#1 moved back to Middle linebacker. It should be a good game.

big E

Clarendon is not very big up front but they have plenty of speed and their backs run real hard.

da greatest bigbaby

The lions win in a upset @ home  30-28 go lions whip em don't think cross co will score 63 this year

Legendhogan51

If CC comes out like they did last week no one will beat them the rest of the year it's time for cc to wake up CC 48 to 12

bdubyab60

MomaLion

Our guys are pumped since winning the Judge's Cup last week but we also had a devastating blow over the weekend that has the entire school full of emotions.  I have no idea how they will resond this week.  They have every ability to make it a very good game, but only time will tell how they deal with tragedy.

Legendhogan51

Ya ur right it was midland but look who we played before that a 3 and 1 Barton a 4 and 0 Batesville southside and a 3 and 1 Harrisburg Southside and Harrisburg both 4A schools Barton a 3A school so yes it was midland but putting the kids back in the positions they know and with Jackson and kk back in the backfield they hard to stop  I think them winning that game woke them up  they know what winning feels like now with A team With that many athletes on it Who will be able to stop them next

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on September 25, 2017, 02:03:52 am
Ya ur right it was midland but look who we played before that a 3 and 1 Barton a 4 and 0 Batesville southside and a 3 and 1 Harrisburg Southside and Harrisburg both 4A schools Barton a 3A school so yes it was midland but putting the kids back in the positions they know and with Jackson and kk back in the backfield they hard to stop  I think them winning that game woke them up  they know what winning feels like now with A team With that many athletes on it Who will be able to stop them next
Well I tried to calm you folks down over that at CC. But you guys wouldn't listen. Now you are going completely the other way.

BUT you do realize EPC beat the team that just beat Harrisburg, Walnut Ridge, and Marked Tree just beat us so anything is possible. Plus you lost bad to two of those teams so it's not like you challenged them.

So roll back that no one can beat them from here on out thing. Anyone can beat anyone for the most part and there are teams out there just as good as the ones you have lost too.

Good luck against Clarendon. I predict a Tbird win

Lions84

Lets go Big RED and down the T birds.

MomaLion

I look for it to be a competitive game if we can get the kids focused.

big E

Got to keep those big backs from running down hill , like of size up front will hurt Clarendon.

Lions84

Quote from: big E on September 26, 2017, 04:42:24 am
Got to keep those big backs from running down hill , like of size up front will hurt Clarendon.

That is a concern for sure.

da greatest bigbaby

Big e cross co they haven't ran over any 1 this year but winless Midland lol we got that speed an them corners. The lions should upset the thunder birds Friday . An 84 the only  concern big e has is they only have beat'n  the mighty  lions king of the jungle 4 times since 2004 this year last year 04 an 1 more  lol the rest of the time they were like 1-9  get'n drum'd by 1-9 rector lol o yeah their only wins  were like near close'n  Hughes lol but yeah  lack of focus maybe for the lions

playmaker04

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on September 26, 2017, 10:56:17 am
Big e cross co they haven't ran over any 1 this year but winless Midland lol we got that speed an them corners. The lions should upset the thunder birds Friday . An 84 the only  concern big e has is they only have beat'n  the mighty  lions king of the jungle 4 times since 2004 this year last year 04 an 1 more  lol the rest of the time they were like 1-9  get'n drum'd by 1-9 rector lol o yeah their only wins  were like near close'n  Hughes lol but yeah  lack of focus maybe for the lions
and Clarendon has beaten"winless" Brinkley.

big E

Old Scrapper

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on September 26, 2017, 10:56:17 am
I do like that King of the Jungle crap tho!!! ;D

Legendhogan51

Cross county running back Jackson Henderson Number 36 out for at least 6 weeks  with fractured knee

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 26, 2017, 12:43:20 pm
Exactly.
Well then what does that say about PW since it was a 2 point game???

MomaLion

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on September 26, 2017, 11:03:04 pm
Cross county running back Jackson Henderson Number 36 out for at least 6 weeks  with fractured knee
I hate to hear that...prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

big E

Quote from: MomaLion on September 27, 2017, 12:02:33 am
It says we beat you by 2 points duh.

playmaker04

Quote from: MomaLion on September 27, 2017, 12:02:33 am
he actually done it the game before against Batesville SS. He played the entire game vs Midland with a fractured knee cap and had 138 yards and 3 TDs. It's time for All State back KK Boykin to turn it on. He had his best game of the year last week with 136 yards. The kid had 900 yards rushing and 500 receiving last year and 120 tackles on defense. It's time to put the team on your back young man.

Lions84

Get after those T Birds cause it is going to a good game.

playmaker04

September 27, 2017, 09:38:16 am #23 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:40:46 am by playmaker04
 should be

Hatchet

Why are they playing at the Lions den again this year?

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 27, 2017, 05:15:45 am
It says we beat you by 2 points duh.
Which also says that you are only 2 points better than a team you are talking down on...duh

MomaLion

I look for a good hard fought game...I believe we only have one out with injury so i'm optimistic.

big E

Quote from: big E on September 26, 2017, 04:42:24 am
I don't think this is talking down on anyone. You are all up in your little feelings this week ain't you? If ever there was a true statement it's the fact that they are huge up front and y'all are the opposite of huge up front,  never did I say y'all were gonna get beat anywhere in my post .

MomaLion

I was speaking about the beating winless Brinkley comment that you felt the need to comment on...the fact is that both teams have 1 win to very down programs.  They have a player out with injury as do we.  It seems very evenly matched to me.
Clarendon rarely has a ton of size but we have enough and more than enough speed.  If our O line does it's job and opens a hole, we have several backs that will be gone.

big E

That was for the greatest big idiot and his king of the jungle ramblings that he always throws out to everyone.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 28, 2017, 05:11:17 am
That was for the greatest big idiot and his king of the jungle ramblings that he always throws out to everyone.

He's entertaining, leave him alone  ;D

big E

Quote from: MomaLion on September 28, 2017, 05:19:13 am
He's entertaining, leave him alone  ;D
Oh I'm sure he will have a we goons beat cha by tirty come did b-ball,  cause lol we 3000000000 conference titles lol since the Roman Empire. Lol .

da greatest bigbaby

Leave me out of it big e that's between you an moma soo man up than big o guy lol o an our 7th graders whip'd you guys Monday 32-6 Palestine-wheatly  lol soo that's jr high 32-12 7th 32-6 an pee wee ball  that's been every year for a minute an it  looks like  were  finally gonna have whole talent'd athletic group come'n thru again  that's gonna be coach'd some football also  you guys look out  an big e don't worry bout hoops you guys already know the business their by 40 an 5 dunks per game  jr Malik 6'4  an kj 6'2  lol

big E

No your 7 8th graders beat our 7th graders  and that came from head Meeks on mouth so yeah 8th graders should beat 7th graders and you put way to much stock in pee-wee football. And while we are talking about beat downs maybe your baseball team should try to get out of the 3rd inning this year.

playmaker04

Quote from: Hatchet on September 27, 2017, 08:11:31 pm
Why are they playing at the Lions den again this year?
same question I asked. This was contracted as home and home.

da greatest bigbaby

Nice try big e but we don't have a jr high jv   lol it's a separate 4th 5th 6th 7th an jr high 8th an 9th team been the  same for years that's 4a an up separate 8th an 9th teams not 2a don't have the numbers after the 7th some join the band or most don't get any bigger or stronger soo they start getting ready for sr hoops but were working on that lol an noo coach Meeks isn't gonna ask the 8th graders 2 play twice a week I'm sure most start on Thursdays  lol  an once again as for baseball I didn't see any 1 of the guys out their lol

big E

You have 7th graders playing pee wee football?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on September 28, 2017, 04:09:18 pm
You have 7th graders playing pee wee football?

If they do, they are terrible.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 28, 2017, 06:27:59 am
No your 7 8th graders beat our 7th graders  and that came from head Meeks on mouth so yeah 8th graders should beat 7th graders and you put way to much stock in pee-wee football. And while we are talking about beat downs maybe your baseball team should try to get out of the 3rd inning this year.
I saw 1 8 th grader. Qb and all key players were 7 th graders. I find it hard to believe y'all had that many HUGE 7 th graders.... we have many 7 th graders that start on Jr High

big E

All 17 of them were 7th graders. Meek told us on the field before the game that he has 7 8th graders playing.

da greatest bigbaby

September 28, 2017, 05:53:10 pm #40 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:17:56 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Well big e soo from age' 9-14 you guys get whip'd by our  jr lions  alley cat lions an pee wee squad  give or take  1 or 2 players that may be a year older or their birthdays just come after the month of   December  really how petty of you an you guys are 3a status   lol  noo excuses for the whip'ns 32-6 alley cat lions an 32-12 jr lions OK lol  an after next season none of the SR high guys would have ever loss to you guys great stock it's getting better  an anywhoo  big e this is a lion an cross co thread  maybe I'm missing something lol   

big E

Just responding to your hard to follow one end of the spectrum to the other posts.

Wildcatalumni21

It pains me trying to read this thread ???

bdubyab60

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 28, 2017, 06:58:34 pm
It pains me trying to read this thread ???
When you see the screen name just move along. Simple as that. No need to kill brain cells figuring out that stuff unless you have a decoder ring

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 28, 2017, 04:37:25 pm
All 17 of them were 7th graders. Meek told us on the field before the game that he has 7 8th graders playing.
Like I said,  I saw 1 8th grader and he wasn't qb, running back or receiver. When you play a school 3 times your size,  even using 1 8th grader,  we're still at the disadvantage. Plus y'all dwarfed ours in size.

Lions84

WOW this thread gone off the rails . 

Good Luck to the Lions tonite as they face the T birds.

As for this Jr High business remember we have a Jr High Football forum down toward the bottom of the main page.

Lions84

Wow the Stomach Bug and Cross County rolled the Lions last night.

playmaker04

Total domination on both sides of the ball. Maybe at a price tho. Already missing our power back with a knee injury our All State back got hurt on last play of first half in what looks like a shoulder injury.

MomaLion

All I can say is that we just completely imploded.  We were missing a few due to a stomach bug that hit Friday afternoon, the guys weren't at all pumped up...probably because of a tragic death that rocked our community...kids were frustrated, coaches were frustrated...just a really bad night....and we didn't have our usual announcer to boot lol.
We have an off week this week due to Augusta folding so hopefully we can heal up and regroup.

jbtiger73

What happened tragedy happened there

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas