• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 2A Top Ten

Started by Mike Bonds, September 18, 2017, 03:49:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.   Conway Christian
2.   Rison
3.   Mount Ida
4.   Danville
5.   McCrory
6.   Bearden
7.   Hector
8.   East Poinsett County
9.   Hampton
10.   Parkers Chapel

baseball13

you are crazy if you think right now today that Conway Christian is better than MT. IDA

Mike Bonds

Quote from: baseball13 on September 18, 2017, 03:52:01 pm
you are crazy if you think right now today that Conway Christian is better than MT. IDA

How so?

Proud Buckaroo

HG Hornet

Let me say that CHG will scratch and claw back into the top 10 before its all over. 

BlueNGold52

Finally Mount Ida has nothing to lose they are #3 and that gives them a chance to move up in the rankings!!! Lifes so much easier with fewer expectations. ;D

baseball13

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 04:12:10 pm
How so?

because they won the state championship last year and lost very few players and have not lost a game yet.

mr.gametime

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on September 18, 2017, 04:30:21 pm
Finally Mount Ida has nothing to lose they are #3 and that gives them a chance to move up in the rankings!!! Lifes so much easier with fewer expectations. ;D

No this dont count...he dont know any better

southarkdaddy

1. Hampton
2. Rison
3. Harmony Grove
4. Bearden
5. Strong
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Woodlawn
8. Hermitage
9. Hampton JV
10. Hampton Jr High

Mac Town dad

Quote from: southarkdaddy on September 18, 2017, 05:34:11 pm
1. Hampton
2. Rison
3. Harmony Grove
4. Bearden
5. Strong
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Woodlawn
8. Hermitage
9. Hampton JV
10. Hampton Jr High
lol

mr.gametime

Quote from: southarkdaddy on September 18, 2017, 05:34:11 pm
1. Hampton
2. Rison
3. Harmony Grove
4. Bearden
5. Strong
6. Parkers Chapel
7. Woodlawn
8. Hermitage
9. Hampton JV
10. Hampton Jr High

Another salty i hate mt.ida with a passion..hampton fan...lol

shah_guido_g

Quote from: mr.gametime on September 18, 2017, 04:53:18 pm
No this dont count...he dont know any better

Most of the current posters probably don't  know who Mike is.

jag4life

Just keep leaving mccrory out. At the end of the year theyll have that #1 spot and their wont be any guessing.

mr.gametime

Quote from: jag4life on September 18, 2017, 07:30:42 pm
Just keep leaving mccrory out. At the end of the year theyll have that #1 spot and their wont be any guessing.

Cant jump the gun to fast...like ive said before until that secondary improves ..i dont wanna hear nothing about them being ranked #1 or going to war memorial or even being a top 3 team...now go out and prove me wrong.

Mike Bonds

September 18, 2017, 08:44:43 pm #14 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:51:12 pm by Mike Bonds
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 18, 2017, 04:19:01 pm
EPC and no Earle?

Earle was one of the last teams out. I think you can make a case for them.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: baseball13 on September 18, 2017, 04:48:39 pm
because they won the state championship last year and lost very few players and have not lost a game yet.

I don't believe that winnng last years championship automatically means that team should be #1 the following year. That being said, I think Mount Ida is a contender and hence the #3 ranking.

The issue I have is the schedule right now. Jessieville I've seen in person--they're decent but thats about all I'd say at this stage. Lamar's only victory is over historically weak Subiaco, while Magazine hasn't played a varsity team since losing to Mount Ida.

bigworm

He has Mccrory at 5. How are they left out?

Mike Bonds

Quote from: bigworm on September 18, 2017, 08:55:53 pm
He has Mccrory at 5. How are they left out?

It's my understanding that McCrory has some kids from Augusta after the Red Devils didn't have enough out this season.

Pity, because Augusta had some good teams in the 80s and early 90s and Devils/Jags was a good rivalry.

HorseFeathers

Get your eyes and/or reading ability checked....McCrory is at #5...

mr.gametime

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 08:58:49 pm
It's my understanding that McCrory has some kids from Augusta after the Red Devils didn't have enough out this season.

Pity, because Augusta had some good teams in the 80s and early 90s and Devils/Jags was a good rivalry.

Its sad because Augusta has 2 players playing really well for McCrory and 3 players who are all putting up stats and touchdowns for Searcy... imagine if these 5 players would have had more dedicated team mates and they could have kept all that talent in Augusta under a new coach...Augusta probably could have made some noise this year in conference and the playoffs

Redzone

1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. Conway Christian
4. Bearden
5. Foreman
6. Hampton
7. McCrory
8. Earle
9. CHG
10. Hector

dawg_days

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 08:58:49 pm

Be careful and don't get too good. If y'all do it will be because of the transfers and none of the original McCrory athletes will get credit

Bearden_Bear72

September 19, 2017, 12:40:06 am #22 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:58:26 am by Bearden_Bear72
Mt. Ida----Defending state champs and much of team back.  Right now no question for me

Rison----A lot back from last year if I'm not mistaken.  3 wins by decent margin.  1st true test this week.

Conway Christian----Don't know much about this years team, but when they came played bearden I def saw talent arising and slightly became a fan.  Bias

Earle----This is the team to look out for the most in my opinion.  Great offense and Earle always is decent on defense at least

Bearden----My bears started off slow against JC but bounced back against a great Hector team and mediocre Gurdon.  This weeks game will make or break.

Danville-----another team I don't know to much about, just judging in win and losses so far.

EPC-----Good start to season with 3 win by large margin.

Hector----Saw them play and saw the talent. Could be higher then this but right now this is right spot.

Camden Harmony Grove----Adjusting to a new qb. Close games but can't finish versus decent teams.  I think they will be dangerous come playoff time

Foreman----Wildcard haha

Mike Bonds

Quote from: dawg_days on September 19, 2017, 12:07:08 am
Be careful and don't get too good. If y'all do it will be because of the transfers and none of the original McCrory athletes will get credit

I'm not from McCrory. I started Fearless in 2001.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 19, 2017, 06:31:21 am
I'm not from McCrory. I started Fearless in 2001.

yes u did and thank you

CCEAGLES22

Im a Conway Christian fan but no.1?  We were behind Mt. View in the 3rd quarter and Earle beat them 66-0???

flyhigheagles22

1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. McCrory
4.Conway Christian
5. Earle
6.Bearden
7.Hector
8.Hampton
9. Danville
10.Foreman

CCEAGLES22

Quote from: flyhigheagles22 on September 19, 2017, 09:18:38 am
1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. McCrory
4.Conway Christian
5. Earle
6.Bearden
7.Hector
8.Hampton
9. Danville
10.Foreman
Pretty good list.  I might have Foreman and Earle higher.  Not sure.  They have two athletes that 7a schools don't have. 

Mike Bonds

Quote from: CCEAGLES22 on September 19, 2017, 08:53:32 am
Im a Conway Christian fan but no.1?  We were behind Mt. View in the 3rd quarter and Earle beat them 66-0???

You also beat Mountain View 42-14.  Even three weeks into a season, teams are still getting the kinks worked out.  That's why we'll see movement in all of these polls over time. 

At this level, even more than the other levels, matchups play a huge role.  I'm sure that Earle was a pretty bad matchup for Mountain View.  Conway Christian's wins over Danville and Rose Bud are good wins, at least as things look so far.  The game against Hector in two weeks will almost certainly decide the 2A-5 with England being down.  There's an excellent chance that Conway Christian finishes the regular season undefeated. 

Proud Buckaroo

A win over Rose Bud is not a good win. It's an expected win. For ADG to put them #6 in 2A was crazy. Lol

wampuscat44

I did not think Danville looked that good at all.  I think they were missing a few starters that first game though.  Rose Bud?  Didn't they go 0-10 last year?  I was shocked honestly that CC was down to Mt. View at half.  They are really bad.  I think CC is a solid top 10 team. 

sickwillie

This is HIS top ten. Make your own if you disagree with him

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2017, 10:44:40 am
A win over Rose Bud is not a good win. It's an expected win. For ADG to put them #6 in 2A was crazy. Lol

I agree that they weren't a top 6 team, or even a top 10 team.  I do think they're a decent team, though. 

Mike Bonds

September 19, 2017, 01:10:13 pm #33 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:16:51 pm by Mike Bonds
Quote from: wampuscat44 on September 19, 2017, 12:45:06 pm
I did not think Danville looked that good at all.  I think they were missing a few starters that first game though.  Rose Bud?  Didn't they go 0-10 last year?  I was shocked honestly that CC was down to Mt. View at half.  They are really bad.  I think CC is a solid top 10 team. 

Rose Bud didn't finish the season last year because they didn't have enough players after Week 4.  The Ramblers are under new management, and they look much improved.  I was really surprised to see the Democrat include them in a top 6 last week over several other 3A teams. 

Numbers at any level--but especially 2A--can be make or break.  Generally, if you've got a team that didn't play the year before, it doesn't bode well for the following year even if they have enough out.  Right now, we may have a couple of exceptions to that rule--Rose Bud in 3A and Mountain Pine in 2A.  Both of those teams have a legit chance to make the playoffs.

CCEAGLES22

Yea its very suprising to even see these teams win a game after not fielding a team.  Got to be hard on a program. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sickwillie on September 19, 2017, 12:46:50 pm
This is HIS top ten. Make your own if you disagree with him

Make sure you remember your statement next time someone doesn't have Hampton where you would like for them to be.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas