• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 5A Top Ten

Started by Mike Bonds, September 18, 2017, 03:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.   Pulaski Academy
2.   LR Christian
3.   Wynne
4.   White Hall
5.   Harrison
6.   Morrilton
7.   Nettleton
8.   Sylvan Hills
9.   Beebe
10.   Valley View

AT

Not much faith in Alma, Mike?

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 18, 2017, 04:56:05 pm
Not much faith in Alma, Mike?

Waiting and seeing on the Airedales. The losses were to strong teams, but the 7-point margin against Van Buren wasn't enough to put them in the poll at 1–2.

PrivateLesson

September 19, 2017, 07:17:54 am #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:03:00 am by PrivateLesson
I thought I had seen in another thread that you had picked Harrison above Alma?   If so, what is your reasoning?

Alma played Greenwood pretty well. 

Edit:  It was Wess Moore, apologies.

young_gun

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 18, 2017, 06:02:39 pm
Waiting and seeing on the Airedales. The losses were to strong teams, but the 7-point margin against Van Buren wasn't enough to put them in the poll at 1–2.

Alma and Van Buren is a rivalry and is always close. Even when one team is far superior they always play close.

Sasquatch71

Does that really say Alma played Greenwood really well?? Don't know I would call 54-28 playing them well.  Pretty sure 2 of those scores were late against Greenwood's 2nd and 3rd string.  Don't get me wrong I expect Alma to be one of the top teams in the West but...losing by 26 doesn't qualify as a playing a team well.

PrivateLesson

September 20, 2017, 10:56:21 am #6 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:04:14 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: Sasquatch71 on September 20, 2017, 10:40:08 am
Does that really say Alma played Greenwood really well?? Don't know I would call 54-28 playing them well.  Pretty sure 2 of those scores were late against Greenwood's 2nd and 3rd string.  Don't get me wrong I expect Alma to be one of the top teams in the West but...losing by 26 doesn't qualify as a playing a team well.

Yes, it does say that.   It was opposed to the other teams and where they are ranked(Greenwood ranked 1)...plus, as opposed to Southside not being able to score on Greenwood.

AT

Quote from: Sasquatch71 on September 20, 2017, 10:40:08 am

Some of what you said is fair even if I disagree.

But "scoring on Greenwood's 2nd and 3rd string." Is wrong. Alma was down 34-28 in the middle of the 3rd quarter with the ball in Gwood territory. They played them relatively well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas