• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 4 Ashdown @ Mena

Started by panthers fan, September 18, 2017, 12:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

panthers fan

Should be a good game. Ashdown by 13.

Nacho

This game will show if there is going to be a hard run for playoffs in the 7-4A. Mena & Ashdown are both the wildcards (in my opinion). Nashville, Arkadelphia & Joe T are showing up to be good...if you throw two more good teams in there...what a wild ride the next few weeks will be! I'll be keeping my eye on the boards for this score while I'm watching Nash & Ark.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on September 18, 2017, 12:16:51 pm
This game will show if there is going to be a hard run for playoffs in the 7-4A. Mena & Ashdown are both the wildcards (in my opinion). Nashville, Arkadelphia & Joe T are showing up to be good...if you throw two more good teams in there...what a wild ride the next few weeks will be! I'll be keeping my eye on the boards for this score while I'm watching Nash & Ark.

Jury's still out on Nashville, we learn more about them this week.

Nacho

True. I'll keep from going off track on these two teams thread!

Marblehog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 18, 2017, 12:33:06 pm
Jury's still out on Nashville, we learn more about them this week.
The jury is not still out.  They have no lineman or LB's

STUNNA

Quote from: Marblehog on September 18, 2017, 02:41:30 pm
The jury is not still out.  They have no lineman or LB's

The same thing was said last year and they just outscored everyone but one.. lol

Marblehog

Quote from: STUNNA on September 18, 2017, 02:46:11 pm
The same thing was said last year and they just outscored everyone but one.. lol
No this is a total different team.  Lost college players and tons of starters.  No college players on this team.  Somehow with all these undefeated JH teams the talent is down.  Next year will be even worse.

panthers fan

What does this have to do with Ashdown @ Mena? This is "Nacho" thread! Just kidding.

Nacho

Quote from: panthers fan on September 18, 2017, 03:54:16 pm
What does this have to do with Ashdown @ Mena? This is "Nacho" thread! Just kidding.

I tried. I derailed. I apologize.

beach bum

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on September 18, 2017, 03:18:44 pm
No this is a total different team.  Lost college players and tons of starters.  No college players on this team.  Somehow with all these undefeated JH teams the talent is down.  Next year will be even worse.
Obviously by your post, you have no clue what you're talking about. They had 3 college players last year and there are several this year as well. They are young and do have a very talented Junior High group coming up. Nice try though

Lumberjackfan1978

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Marblehog on September 18, 2017, 03:18:44 pm
I beg to differ, the next four yrs at Nash will be nasty!

Mike Bonds

Going with Panthers, but Mena is a bit better than I expected.

Marblehog

Mena weakness is secondary.  They will get torched.  Unless Dean gets 25 touches they have no prayer.  He hasn't been getting many yet....

sackcity54

Quote from: Marblehog on September 19, 2017, 08:49:55 am
Mena weakness is secondary.  They will get torched.  Unless Dean gets 25 touches they have no prayer.  He hasn't been getting many yet....
Secondary is a little better than people give them credit for. Agree with what you said about Dean though. He has 31 carries this year, for 482 yards... what's that like 15 ypc? Total yardage is somewhere around 800, in three games...Kid is a stud. Feed him more and that'll open up more opportunities in other aspects of the game.

FootBallar21

Why would they over work Dean in non conference games that they handled easily .    Hot Springs stuck around for most of the game , but they other 2 games weren't that close.    Dean will get work and Mena will hang in the game.   

I don't think you can call Ashdown a wildcard at this point they look like the real deal.     They should be favored but I wouldn't be surprised if Mena hung in there and Dean made a couple great plays at the end to steal the victory! 

Ashdown 34
Mena 26

Nomad1324

There's a pretty good chance that all five of the playoff reps from the 7 will make it out of the first round of the playoffs (the four and five seeds play the 3...yep, figure they'll make it). Each week should be like a playoff game in this conference.

Marblehog

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 19, 2017, 02:22:38 pm
Why would they over work Dean in non conference games that they handled easily .    Hot Springs stuck around for most of the game , but they other 2 games weren't that close.    Dean will get work and Mena will hang in the game.   

I don't think you can call Ashdown a wildcard at this point they look like the real deal.     They should be favored but I wouldn't be surprised if Mena hung in there and Dean made a couple great plays at the end to steal the victory! 

Ashdown 34
Mena 26
Exactly my point.  Hot Springs had no business even making the game close. 

Marblehog

Quote from: Nomad1324 on September 20, 2017, 10:18:50 am
There's a pretty good chance that all five of the playoff reps from the 7 will make it out of the first round of the playoffs (the four and five seeds play the 3...yep, figure they'll make it). Each week should be like a playoff game in this conference.
If Pettway gets hurt or suspended again Nashville won't make the playoffs. 

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on September 20, 2017, 12:54:06 pm
If Pettway gets hurt or suspended again Nashville won't make the playoffs.
If your mom had a thingy she would be your dad.

Marblehog

Quote from: scrapman on September 20, 2017, 01:15:33 pm
If your mom had a thingy she would be your dad.
No because I figure my dad wouldn't have married her

Marblehog

Scrapman it is amazing to me how bad Nashville is and how they will be even worse next year.  Amazing and funny at the same time. 

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on September 21, 2017, 08:44:43 am
Scrapman it is amazing to me how bad Nashville is and how they will be even worse next year.  Amazing and funny at the same time.
You have seen the scrap play this year?

scrapman

Or you're just a headline reader and assume things?

Marblehog

Yea I saw the Hope and DeQueen game. 

scrapman

Quote from: Marblehog on September 21, 2017, 10:12:03 am
Yea I saw the Hope and DeQueen game.
Ok...just checking. Didn't know you were a fan....or a coach.

Scooter2121

Quote from: Marblehog on September 19, 2017, 08:49:55 am
They are getting torched!!

beach bum

Ashdown is showing more and more intrigue every week. It's going to be fun to see how they do against them other top 2 or 3 teams in the league. Ashdown keeps impressing.

FootBallar21

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 08:28:05 pm
Ashdown is showing more and more intrigue every week. It's going to be fun to see how they do against them other top 2 or 3 teams in the league. Ashdown keeps impressing.

They looked like the 2001 Warren team to me the other night.     They are really fast and are playing really well right now.   Robinson and Arkadelphia will give them a much harder challenge,  but this team could be special.   

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 24, 2017, 08:16:01 am
They looked like the 2001 Warren team to me the other night.     They are really fast and are playing really well right now.   Robinson and Arkadelphia will give them a much harder challenge,  but this team could be special.

If they looked like the 2001 warren team than they won't be touched. Best small school team I've ever seen.

Spurfan

Ashdown is playing some good football at the moment. This team doesnt quite have better individual talent as previous years but they are playing better team football than past teams. They going to be hard to deal with.

scrapman

Quote from: Spurfan on September 24, 2017, 09:30:21 pm
Ashdown is playing some good football at the moment. This team doesnt quite have better individual talent as previous years but they are playing better team football than past teams. They going to be hard to deal with.
On the radio the other day they said Richardson had said he was leaving at Christmas. Tired of everything at Ashdown.

Spurfan

It wouldnt surprise me one bit because he will lose alot of talent after this year and maybe down a couple years. So i could see him leaving.

scrapman

Quote from: Spurfan on September 24, 2017, 09:35:39 pm
It wouldnt surprise me one bit because he will lose alot of talent after this year and maybe down a couple years. So i could see him leaving.
Yeah...have heard around town he is tired of the admin, good players will be gone, this is the year to make a run.

Spurfan

Yea this could be there year but i have thought that before and it didnt end well.

Marblehog

Quote from: scrapman on September 24, 2017, 09:32:19 pm
On the radio the other day they said Richardson had said he was leaving at Christmas. Tired of everything at Ashdown.
He should be tired of his coaching over the years

Mr. Mercer

How does Ashdown look up front on both sides? That was a glaring weakness last year vs Robinson. I believe Hill was sacked around 14 times and threw a lot of balls away. They haven't really played a team that's great up front so I'd like to see that

FootBallar21

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on September 25, 2017, 10:06:17 am
How does Ashdown look up front on both sides? That was a glaring weakness last year vs Robinson. I believe Hill was sacked around 14 times and threw a lot of balls away. They haven't really played a team that's great up front so I'd like to see that

Ashdown hasn't really been touched,  Mena had chances but never did much offensively ,  and then Ashdown's Offense looks great,  every decision and pass was right on the money from their QB.   

and yes I know about the 2001 Warren team,   a team I thought might be the best 4A team ever.   I was on the field against them in the opening round of the playoffs it was not fun to say the least.    This Ashdown team isn't there yet and may never be,  I just said they reminded me of them with some elite athletes and a very good SR. QB.     The dominated both sides of the ball every game this season! 

Spurfan

No they hadnt been tested yet but they are better on the line this year. I think two coaching addition have really impacted their team by adding tracy forte and chris mcfadden to the staff.

bearcat33

Ashdown just had too much speed.  I was shocked we were giving Dean touches with two minutes left down 40 when he hasn't got many touches all year. 

FootBallar21

Quote from: bearcat33 on September 25, 2017, 02:56:30 pm
Ashdown just had too much speed.  I was shocked we were giving Dean touches with two minutes left down 40 when he hasn't got many touches all year. 

Exactly,   Canon had more carries all game then Dean on those option reads,   We need more designed plays for Dean.   Also Canon had a horrible game there is no other way to say it,  there was some kids with a step or two and he sailed every pass or scrambled and was sacked or hit for very little gain.   The offensive line has to do a better job too. 

panther 65

Mena will have problems against any team with speed

FootBallar21

Quote from: panther 65 on September 25, 2017, 06:11:32 pm
Mena will have problems against any team with speed
Maybe 1-2 teams in the state with the elite speed Ashdown has.     We shall see, Malvern and Nashville should both have solid speed,  we will see how both of those games go with the playoffs on the line.    Dean also showed with his big play ability he is there on that level.   he is just the only kid Mena has that belonged on the field with 4-5 Ashdown kids.

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 25, 2017, 06:46:26 pm
    Maybe 1-2 teams in the state with the elite speed Ashdown has.     We shall see, Malvern and Nashville should both have solid speed,  we will see how both of those games go with the playoffs on the line.    Dean also showed with his big play ability he is there on that level.   he is just the only kid Mena has that belonged on the field with 4-5 Ashdown kids.

Thought you turned in your mena hat for a greenwood hat?

panther 65

I thought Dean looked good. Just didn't understand why they didn't use him more. He needs more touches for sure.

FootBallar21

Quote from: panther 65 on September 25, 2017, 10:35:03 pm
I thought Dean looked good. Just didn't understand why they didn't use him more. He needs more touches for sure.

EXACTLY! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas