• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Week 4

Started by beach bum, September 16, 2017, 10:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

The big game of the week is Greenland vs. Clinton obviously and only Elkins is the other team who can get in the way of those two making this a possible conference title game.....

Clinton OVER Greenland by 14..... A long road trip for Greenland might be what gives Clinton the edge in this one. I think both will end up having fine seasons. I just think Clinton is slightly better at this point especially on defense.

Green Forest OVER Marshall in a mercy rule.... Green Forest should battle Melbourne later for the 4 seed with the loser getting the 5 seed

Melbourne OVER Mountain View in a mercy rule..... Melbourne hasn't exactly played anyone good yet but they are 3-0

Elkins OVER Yellville Summit in a mercy rule.... Elkins has way too much offense for almost everyone in this league

touchdownsandturnovers

Is Greenland that much improved from last year? I saw the score from last week and wow! 76 points! But giving up over 70 is concerning. I'm not disagreeing with you cool breeze just wonder if it's great offense or bad defense.

touchdownsandturnovers

beach bum

Quote from: touchdownsandturnovers on September 17, 2017, 08:57:38 am
Is Greenland that much improved from last year? I saw the score from last week and wow! 76 points! But giving up over 70 is concerning. I'm not disagreeing with you cool breeze just wonder if it's great offense or bad defense.

I do think they are a little bit better than last year. They have a really good run game. I still don't think they have quite closed the gap on Clinton however even though it seems a smaller gap than last year.

touchdownsandturnovers

Quote from: beach bum on September 17, 2017, 09:58:10 am
I do think they are a little bit better than last year. They have a really good run game. I still don't think they have quite closed the gap on Clinton however even though it seems a smaller gap than last year.
Clinton should be very good. I know they had a very athletic class coming up with lots of speed. Couple that with some big lineman and the wing t gets tougher to stop. I wonder if Elkins is as good as last year. I know they lost a qb and really good rb but heard they have replaced nicely

CoolBreeze

Quote from: touchdownsandturnovers on September 17, 2017, 10:26:45 am
Clinton should be very good. I know they had a very athletic class coming up with lots of speed. Couple that with some big lineman and the wing t gets tougher to stop. I wonder if Elkins is as good as last year. I know they lost a qb and really good rb but heard they have replaced nicely
Is either good enough to make a run in the playoffs?

TruthHurts

Elkins and Melbourne have the best offensive schemes in this conference. Clinton pounds on its oppenents with its size but they gonna have trouble in a game they have to score a couple late to win. (Refer to the Elkins/Clinton game last year.) Now can Greenland be in the mix? Absolutely. They didn't have to improve alot to be alot better than last year. The Greenies host Melbourne in Week10 and that could decide who gets to go down and play the Proud Buckaroos alma mater in the first round of the playoffs.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TruthHurts on September 17, 2017, 02:17:08 pmNow can Greenland be in the mix? Absolutely. They didn't have to improve alot to be alot better than last year.
Huh?

Yellowjacket$$$

I agree with truth hurts .. clintons stubborn play calling has kept them from conference titles and deeper runs in the playoffs.. The young yellowjackets are loaded with speed but running the ball between the tackles against 9 and 10 man box and not taking advantage of speed on the edge will cost them against better teams

beach bum

Quote from: Yellowjacket$$$ on September 19, 2017, 02:23:28 pm
I agree with truth hurts .. clintons stubborn play calling has kept them from conference titles and deeper runs in the playoffs.. The young yellowjackets are loaded with speed but running the ball between the tackles against 9 and 10 man box and not taking advantage of speed on the edge will cost them against better teams

There is 1-3A speed and then there is speed on a state wide basis.... Clinton does not have the speed to compete with the really high level teams in 3A.

Yellowjacket$$$

I disagree .  running the ball against a stacked box doesn't show off their speed.. the speed shows up on defense. I do  know speed I watch larger schools play to
.. they have very good team speed .. especially for a small school.. I'm sure Greenland has a good team and it will be a good game .. you should come watch

touchdownsandturnovers

September 19, 2017, 07:11:41 pm #11 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:50:47 pm by touchdownsandturnovers

panther07

Quote from: touchdownsandturnovers on September 19, 2017, 07:11:41 pm
Their 4x100 team won state in 3a (made up of football kids) I think they have speed

Is that fact? For some reason I thought JC did.

touchdownsandturnovers

Yellowjacket$$$

Close to a state record .. Clinton has a strong track team made of most of the football team

BannerMountainMan

This is not my favorite Clinton team ever, (the one that beat #1 dollarway in the playoffs 3 years ago was) but this team can be just as good I believe, I believe they have some injuries and if they can get healthy they can be real good, no competition at all on their schedule so it'll be interesting to see how they handle pressure once they get it.

Yellowjacket$$$

Coach opened up the offense in that playoff run.. if you remember. They kept dollarway and highland off balance all night.. by throwing .. coach needs to find that game plan again for this Friday .. Greenland and Elkins will have good players and coaches

CoolBreeze

Regardless of whether this year's team is as good as the one three years ago, the Yellow Jackets should be strong enough to defeat the Pirates in tomorrow night's game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas