• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton v Batesville

Started by Raider2011, September 16, 2017, 03:47:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider2011

Conf week1.. Nettleton coming in hot what are your thoughts on this game?

Deltaswarm3

I say Nettleton takes this one...although I haven't seen either team play this year. I've heard that Batesville is a little undersized this year and having difficulties at the Oline....but I have a feeling Coach King will find some kids that will block...on the other hand I hear that Nettleton is one of the fastest teams in 5A...maybe it will be a good game!

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on September 16, 2017, 04:15:24 pm
I say Nettleton takes this one...although I haven't seen either team play this year. I've heard that Batesville is a little undersized this year and having difficulties at the Oline....but I have a feeling Coach King will find some kids that will block...on the other hand I hear that Nettleton is one of the fastest teams in 5A...maybe it will be a good game!

I have no reason to doubt ya cuz my picks and $7 will get ya small cup of coffee these days and like you I havent seen them. Im comparing who Nettleton has beat to who Batesville had lost to. Both Searcy and Jonesboro are solid 6A teams. This could be a fun game to see.

FoxandHound34

Nettleton big by 28 Pioneers just aren't very good this year

A D M

I'm going with Nettleton.  It is time for the 16 year streak to end.

The_Pioneer

PA Dad

I know very little about the Nettleton or Batesville teams this year other than what I read on this board.  But Batesville has such a winning tradition and great coach that I just can't pick against them.  So, I'm picking Batesville.

walkingguy72396

Nettleton at home is my pick to win this game.

Nettleton will probably put up 35 points.

Batesville, Key to a win.  Do not give up more than 21 points.

Overdahill

I'm thinking that Nettleton cashes in this week b4 the window closes and Batesville is Batesville again

Rick Swines

Nettleton will blow out Batesville at home.

redsport27

I just think Nettleton has too much momentum right now for Batesville. I don't think it will be a blow out though. I feel like Nettleton will control the game for the most part.

My prediction:

Nettleton 34, Batesville 24

elvis26

;D I have been very impressed with nettleton!!!!! they have a lot of weapons that they use well. they will beat Batesville like a drum!!!!!!!!!!!

Intelligentsia

This will be a good game and may come down to the final possession.  Nettleton is obviously much improved and will be highly motivated to end Batesville's winning streak.  Batesville will have to play there best game of the year and will have to have made adjustments to there offensive line play, play calling to take advantage of the strengths in their passing game, and will have to take more chances in covering the pass.  Batesville has a very smart coaching staff fully capable of pulling off what will be a slight upset this Friday night.

Lumberjackfan1978

A D M

Nettleton is averaging at least 42 points a game so far. The defense is much improved. Flying to the ball and being a lot more aggressive.

MDXPHD

Nettleton came into the game averaging 35 last year, 3-0, and with the same confidence. Batesville had just beaten mountain home 8-6 or something.  Nettleton then lost by a couple of tds. Last year doesn't matter, but it is a reminder of how 3-0 over subpar opponents is nothing to get excited about. I could see nettleton winning this year, but I could also see Batesville. It's a toss up. If nettleton has the confidence to win, I wouldn't be surprised for them to jump up by a couple of scores in the first half. Plus, nettleton is at home. The only problem is that nettleton is playing Batesville this week, and Batesville has had their number for a long, long time.

Grond

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2017, 08:12:54 pm
Nettleton came into the game averaging 35 last year, 3-0, and with the same confidence. Batesville had just beaten mountain home 8-6 or something.  Nettleton then lost by a couple of tds. Last year doesn't matter, but it is a reminder of how 3-0 over subpar opponents is nothing to get excited about. I could see nettleton winning this year, but I could also see Batesville. It's a toss up. If nettleton has the confidence to win, I wouldn't be surprised for them to jump up by a couple of scores in the first half. Plus, nettleton is at home. The only problem is that nettleton is playing Batesville this week, and Batesville has had their number for a long, long time.

Well played, sir. Batesville has played three 6A teams. Nettleton has played two 4A teams and one 6A.

In recent years, Nettleton's passing game has looked promising early in the season, then became wildly inconsistent against stiffer competition.

I would like to see Nettleton get a win, but I am very wary of the Batesville defensive schemes.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2017, 08:12:54 pm

Great observation. I agree with everything you said. It's actually quite an honor to see so many posters proclaiming Batesville dead and predicting this one sided whipping. I guess when you've been beating down the east for so many years when you appear vulnerable your underlings get whipped into a frenzy. I would also add that Nettleton has an advantage based solely on the law of averages. A 16 year streak definitely puts the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" law into affect. All these post are somewhat laughable though, after watching PA dismantle a quality team Friday night this will be their easiest title of that last 4 years. For all those people saying LRCA may be the ones to do it I would say "yeah, you keep telling yourself that".     

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on September 17, 2017, 08:43:31 pm
Great observation. I agree with everything you said. It's actually quite an honor to see so many posters proclaiming Batesville dead and predicting this one sided whipping. I guess when you've been beating down the east for so many years when you appear vulnerable your underlings get whipped into a frenzy. I would also add that Nettleton has an advantage based solely on the law of averages. A 16 year streak definitely puts the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" law into affect. All these post are somewhat laughable though, after watching PA dismantle a quality team Friday night this will be their easiest title of that last 4 years. For all those people saying LRCA may be the ones to do it I would say "yeah, you keep telling yourself that".   

Wait a minute JessieP, if you'll look above, I predicted a Batesville win.  I have the greatest respect for Batesville.  Great coaching, great tradition, and a great record.  I truly hope Batesville is playing after Thanksgiving like they have for many years.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on September 17, 2017, 09:57:05 pm
Wait a minute JessieP, if you'll look above, I predicted a Batesville win.  I have the greatest respect for Batesville.  Great coaching, great tradition, and a great record.  I truly hope Batesville is playing after Thanksgiving like they have for many years.

I wasn't including you in that post. I have found the PA posters to be very respectful of Batesville, they have no reason to be otherwise. It's the fans of East teams who have been endlessly getting smacked around by the Pioneers since the Bush/Gore recount.

Raider2011

I'm the brother of Deondre henry qb for Nettleton..i try and be as realistic as possible..I see this being another great game as last year was, ive watched this team grow three years and this senior group with the additions of the underclass men might have something rolling...from my observations the oline as well as dline are deeper with more confidence and knowledge of asssignments, offensive skill guys are gelling and are in attack mode...the defense is hungry after going a year and being the blame.the secondary has improved and the run game has been pretty solid...looking forward to Friday hope it's a classic

Bigboy36

September 18, 2017, 10:36:27 am #21 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:38:35 am by Bigboy36
This should be the Game of the week in my opinion. This Game will determine how the EAST will go if batesville keeps this game close and lose they won't lose again until they play wynne and get a 3rd seed and Nettleton and wynne will get the first 2. If batesville wins it will be Nettleton getting the 3rd.Nettleton is much better then last year offense and defense wise. Batesville in my opinon if they come out strong on Nettleton they can play it close and Nettleton might pull away in the fourth but If batesville doesn't come out and strong. The game will be over. Batesville is a very well coached team and Nettleton this year is too as they have gotten some New Coaches I heard in the stance at the Mountain Home game. Nettleton is a great when they play at home and I think this is an advantage to them this year. My Score prediction is Nettleton 56 Batesville  24 The way Nettleton offense is playing i don't think anyone but wynne can slow them down.

Grond

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 18, 2017, 08:38:55 am
I'm the brother of Deondre henry qb for Nettleton..i try and be as realistic as possible..I see this being another great game as last year was, ive watched this team grow three years and this senior group with the additions of the underclass men might have something rolling...from my observations the oline as well as dline are deeper with more confidence and knowledge of asssignments, offensive skill guys are gelling and are in attack mode...the defense is hungry after going a year and being the blame.the secondary has improved and the run game has been pretty solid...looking forward to Friday hope it's a classic

Good post. +1

And a few thoughts on the Batesville defense:

- Batesville coaching staff is very good at looking for subtle hints (formations, Tight End stance, etc.) that give a play away. So, expect them to make "good guesses", and then shift to counter a given Nettleton play.

- Batesville tends to scout Wide Recevers, and see who you DON'T throw to. They will take DB's covering those "unused" WR's, and quickly drop them out of coverage to aid other DB's/LB's. Must use ALL your WR's.

- The Batesville linebackers are good at observing pulling O-linemen, letting them turn up field,  and coming in BEHIND them to make the tackle.  Pulling Nettleton o-linemen must look to the INSIDE when they cross the line of scrimmage, to intercept the "hiding" linebackers.

Good huntimg.  ;)

Overdahill

^^ the game within the game, love it +1

Gravelbar

Batesville's coach likes to play tough competition early before conference, so don't get caught up in the record.  Jonesboro and Searcy are tough 6A teams--Mtn. Home?  I kinda feel for them this year, it's going to be a long one in 6A.  Nettleton may beat Batesville for the first time in umteen years, but they had better bring their lunch.  The Pioneers don't go down easily--just ask Watson Chapel and a couple others over the last couple of years.   They don't quit and had some big comebacks very very late in the game.  The QB and O line is a huge question and Nettleton may be able to take advantage and put the QB in a constant scramble--I think this may happen and if it does--Nettleton may just take this one.  Anyway, both Nettleton and Batesville will see where they stack up in 5A Friday night.

FoxandHound34

If the referees hadn't gave y'all the game on a silver platter WC would've mercy ruled you

MDXPHD

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 10:00:41 am
If the referees hadn't gave y'all the game on a silver platter WC would've mercy ruled you

Is this Guv?

PA Dad

You should have paid them more than Batesville did!

Gravelbar

How many flags did WC get?  How many did Batesville get?  How many were deserved? How many were not? 

Gravelbar

Youngsta71701

Nettleton takes this one. They seem to be better than Batesville this year. Time will tell though...

The_Pioneer

WC is and always will be below Batesville in all things good.  Its just how it is.

FoxandHound34

They got the same amount of state titles Batesville has the last 15 years too

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 19, 2017, 10:12:10 am
You should have paid them more than Batesville did!

PA knows that money talks.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 11:34:59 am
They got the same amount of state titles Batesville has the last 15 years too

In football or overall? I need clarification.

FoxandHound34

Football, WC girls basketball prolly has more in the last 15 years then all of Batesville combined

MDXPHD

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 12:47:31 pm
Football, WC girls basketball prolly has more in the last 15 years then all of Batesville combined

Man, I hope they have a lot. Back about 15 years ago, Batesville started their XC and Track run, had some success in Softball and Baseball too. You're just a bitter, rambling kid who hates it that Batesville keeps beating WC at football

FoxandHound34

September 19, 2017, 02:16:25 pm #37 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:58:09 pm by FoxandHound34
I'm far from a kid junior, I've seen more football then you only hope to watch in your little life. Not my fault you poineeer folks get testy because y'all stink this year

PrivateLesson

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 02:16:25 pm
I'm far from a kid junior, I've seen more football then you only hope to watch in your little life. Not my fault you poineeer folks get test because y'all stink this year

You remind me of someone....

FoxandHound34

Anyway I'm not even a WC fan far from it but I know theirs girls basketball team has won 5 or 6 titles in the last 8 or 9 years

JessieP

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 02:16:25 pm
I'm far from a kid junior, I've seen more football then you only hope to watch in your little life. Not my fault you poineeer folks get test because y'all stink this year

"get test because y'all stink this year"? "poineeer"? what year did you graduate from Harvard? you really should talk to someone about this Batesville fixation you have, it's not healthy. How long have you been carrying this chip on your shoulder? I ask because I have seen no one ever talk about WC. You seem to obsess on Batesville, why? did some nasty Batesville person tell you Wrastling was fake? did they finish your 10 piece puzzle for you after you spent all summer working on it and only had 3 pieces left to go? What's bugging you? You know, they are doing great things with pharmaceutical anti-psychotic medicines these days.

FoxandHound34

I'm just a realist Jessie J. They all jumped on me because I simply stated Batesville want very good this year which is a fact. I do believe Nettleton will put it on Batesville pretty good this year. I have nothing against them. I simply stated that WC would've won had the referees not been in huge favor of the Neers

JessieP

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 03:00:34 pm
I'm just a realist Jessie J. They all jumped on me because I simply stated Batesville want very good this year which is a fact. I do believe Nettleton will put it on Batesville pretty good this year. I have nothing against them. I simply stated that WC would've won had the referees not been in huge favor of the Neers

Ah ha! I was hoping for that. If by chance you are referring to the 2015 game Batesville won 26-21 then here is a little tidbit to chew on. According the the stats gleaned from Arkansasonline, WC had 9 penalties for 110 yards Batesville had 7 for 135. I guess those extra 2 for far less yards, made the difference. Really? that's the story your going with? do you want a little time to confer with council?

PrivateLesson

You make it sound as if you've solved a mystery! lol!   

Who is FoxAndHounds, Council?!

Gravelbar

September 19, 2017, 03:20:07 pm #44 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:21:58 pm by Gravelbar
Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 03:00:34 pm
You never did answer my question about how many flags each had?  This will help clear things up a bit. Jesse did, but what's your answer?

FoxandHound34

I was actually referring to the regular season game that year

Gravelbar

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2017, 03:21:33 pm
I was actually referring to the regular season game that year
How many per team?

Gravelbar

Quote from: JessieP on September 19, 2017, 03:12:53 pm
Ah ha! I was hoping for that. If by chance you are referring to the 2015 game Batesville won 26-21 then here is a little tidbit to chew on. According the the stats gleaned from Arkansasonline, WC had 9 penalties for 110 yards Batesville had 7 for 135. I guess those extra 2 for far less yards, made the difference. Really? that's the story your going with? do you want a little time to confer with council?
I think 15 of that was on WC's coach.

JessieP

September 19, 2017, 03:30:09 pm #48 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:32:13 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Gravelbar on September 19, 2017, 03:22:52 pm
How many per team?

WC had 9, Batesville 7. I have never in my life been a "blame the refs" type. It's chicken poo poo and in almost always the whine of the vanquished. Just an fyi. in that game Batesville had a 72 yard punt return that would have set them up at the 3, 1st and goal. It was called back because of a block in the back at the 48. Net loss 60 yards. You know why the refs called called it back? because the Pioneer blocked a man in the back. Darn refs!

JessieP

I got the numbers reversed, fixed it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas