• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar at Mount Ida

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, September 10, 2017, 02:42:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

We ought to learn something about the Warriors this week. Mt. Ida is defending state champs, #1 team in the state in 2A. Lost very little off last year's team. But Lamar only lost 11-14 last season. And Lamar could well be significantly better this season. But the game is at Mt. Ida.

panther07

Losing 11-14 is a lot.. and lost a real difference maker in Davenport. I don't think Lamar can handle ida.

macadoshis

Lamar is so much better at every position than they were last year.  But Mt Ida is probably alot better also.  I dint think where it's played has any bearing on the outcome of this game. I don't think the Warriors can stop Mt Ida.   Last year's game could of been alot worse than it was.  Still I'm very impressed with this year's team.  Its crazy the difference in work ethic, attitude, discipline, and leadership.  Something last year's team lacked. 

Clara Allen

There does seem to be a difference from last year. 
It looks like the Warriors are trying to make a statement of some kind.
That being said, it is probably going to be a long trip to Ida and an even longer one back.

macadoshis

That's a little too far for me to go with no kid of mine playing.  So I'll get updates I'm sure. 

Clara Allen

Even with a kid playing, its a long way

macadoshis

Quote from: Clara Allen on September 10, 2017, 07:34:13 pm
Even with a kid playing, its a long way
Safe travels.  Good luck and I hope he plays well. Hes a dandy.  Wish we had him last year.  Would have made a difference for sure. 

Clara Allen

FoxandHound34

macadoshis

IMO, they are better than I thought.  But not good enough to beat Mt Ida this year.

FilmCrew

You can listen to the game on an app.... Warning it is Mount Ida's announcers and they might tend to lean that way.. just a little..

ThreadWatcher

Just my opinion......Everyone should listen to the Mt. Ida broadcast at least once in their life! Its just one of those things you experience that you'll never forget! Guys do a great job.

Longfellow

beach bum

I think Lamar may end up having a little bit of a solid season. That being said Ida has a special group down there. I think Lamar can play them quite competitively though.

macadoshis

Quote from: FilmCrew on September 10, 2017, 07:59:26 pm
You can listen to the game on an app.... Warning it is Mount Ida's announcers and they might tend to lean that way.. just a little..
I sat with them last year during the monsoon.  I thiught they were all some great guys.

macadoshis

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on September 10, 2017, 09:58:25 pm
My take on this game. I got an aunt and a uncle . Uncle Lamar and aunt Ida . Now Lamar is a good old man and honest but now aunt Ida is a cheater and has no class at all. By saying all that
Honest Lamar 22
Cheating Ida 13
BO'S CLUELESS

sickwillie

This will be the first true test for ida. Should be a good one.

MICHAELSPAPPY

September 11, 2017, 09:48:34 am #17 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:50:38 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: sickwillie on September 10, 2017, 10:40:14 pm

Ida will be the favorite, and should be. But I am more concerned if the Warriors continue to get better, and whether or not they can go toe to toe with Mt. Ida. MA is a veteran team, and if our young Warriors can stay with them, you never know what might happen.

I am starting to believe in this Lamar team a little bit. They will learn a lot about themselves this week. Road game against state champs.

We just need to give ourselves a chance, and not beat ourselves with turnovers, missed assignments and penalties.

gooze55

Quote from: sickwillie on September 10, 2017, 10:40:14 pm
there first test( lol ) this will be a practices game

TheTruth2010

Quote from: gooze55 on September 11, 2017, 10:49:04 am
     there first test( lol ) this will be a practices game
A practice game like last year huh? When Lamar had a losing record? If they keep #3 in and the receivers start to run better routes Lamar could have a really good season. This team is young and is still learning. I think the Warriors can hang with IDA if not beat them.

jsw6f0

My Ida is not that far. Our lights won't go off at a certain time in the night like they do in Lamar so with all the running plays y'all should be able to head home at a descent hour. That being said with all Mt Ida has I will take Ida by 14. I think their running game will be to much for Lamar to stop.

Lanny

Discuss the game, keep the snarky comments to yourself

macadoshis

Quote from: jsw6f0 on September 11, 2017, 01:02:32 pm
My Ida is not that far. Our lights won't go off at a certain time in the night like they do in Lamar so with all the running plays y'all should be able to head home at a descent hour. That being said with all Mt Ida has I will take Ida by 14. I think their running game will be to much for Lamar to stop.
I agree that Ida's running game will be hard to stop but I think Lamar's running game will hold their own.  I think MI will come away with the win but it won't be easy.

FilmCrew

Quote from: macadoshis on September 12, 2017, 04:10:14 am
I agree that Ida's running game will be hard to stop but I think Lamar's running game will hold their own.  I think MI will come away with the win but it won't be easy.

I agree with you

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on September 12, 2017, 04:10:14 am
I think MI will come away with the win but it won't be easy.

That's the first step: just make sure it isn't easy.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hootens says MI by 10, which sounds logical.

gooze55

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 12, 2017, 12:11:32 pm
Hootens says MI by 10, which sounds logical.
stoooooop   mercy rule by half

macadoshis

I'd tend to side with Gooze just for the fact that Hootens said 10. You can't go with anything those guys say. 

TheTruth2010

Quote from: gooze55 on September 12, 2017, 02:16:52 pm
     stoooooop   mercy rule by half
You think Lamar is that good huh?  8)

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on September 12, 2017, 03:41:14 pm
You think Lamar is that good huh?  8)

Tough to get much of a read on Lamar yet, no matter what happens Friday.
Lost right at the end to a bad 5A team.
Blew out a bad 4A team.
Now they play a very good 2A team.

macadoshis

Now they play the BEST 2A team.

Clara Allen

The best 2A team till they're not. 
I think our kids will be up for the game. I've heard they had a good practice today before they left for a jv game. 

gooze55

noo I'm saying mount ida will mercy rule lamar by half time.....stop tring to hype this game up mount ida schedule weak

TheTruth2010

I guarantee you this won't be a mercy rule by half, or by the end of the game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on September 12, 2017, 09:08:27 pm
I guarantee you this won't be a mercy rule by half, or by the end of the game.

Ida is pretty salty this season, no doubt about that. But I am thinking Lamar is considerably better than last season, and we played MI to within 3 last year. I will be surprised if it is a complete blowout.

FilmCrew

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 13, 2017, 08:06:30 am
Ida is pretty salty this season, no doubt about that. But I am thinking Lamar is considerably better than last season, and we played MI to within 3 last year. I will be surprised if it is a complete blowout.

I agree with you.

I do think that you had a big ol'back last year that made it very hard for Mount Ida. Do you feel like you have someone this year that can fill his shoes?

MICHAELSPAPPY

No one even close to as big, but a couple of RBs that run really hard. And the line looks to be pretty salty.

macadoshis

That big ol back made more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball in last year's game.  The question should he does Lamar have anyone on that side of the ball.  If Lamar doesn't play discipline and gang tackle, Ida will run all over them.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on September 13, 2017, 03:01:40 pm
That big ol back made more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball in last year's game.  The question should he does Lamar have anyone on that side of the ball.  If Lamar doesn't play discipline and gang tackle, Ida will run all over them.

It will have to be a group effort. One man isn't going to replace him on defense.

FilmCrew

I really enjoyed the game last year... I just hope that this year is able to live up to the same excitement.

teachers pet

Jessieville had the 7A defensive player of the year and it didn't help them stop Mt. Ida.

macadoshis

Quote from: teachers pet on September 13, 2017, 08:46:27 pm
Jessieville had the 7A defensive player of the year and it didn't help them stop Mt. Ida.
That was my thinking coming into this game also. Ida will be hard to stop, so I think Lamar will have to match them score for score or they'll get behind in a hurry.  Then they'll have to do something they really don't want to have to do.  And that's throw the ball.  A couple of 3 and outs in a row and this one could get out of hand in a hurry for sure. 

Clara Allen

We will see if the jv game and practices this week will get the ball in the air.   

macadoshis

This will be a good tough game before conference.  The conference isn't as good as I thought itd be or hasn't shown it so far. So I think Lamar will make the playoffs just not sure where they'll fall.  This isn't a good matchup for Lamar I feel.  I think Ida could run them off the field pretty quickly.  That's not a knock on Lamar and that I think they're bad.  So Warrior Nation don't go hatin on me.  I just think Ida is that good.  My opinion. But what do I know right. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on September 14, 2017, 04:45:24 pm
I think Ida could run them off the field pretty quickly.  That's not a knock on Lamar and that I think they're bad.  So Warrior Nation don't go hatin on me.  I just think Ida is that good.  My opinion. But what do I know right.

Mt. Ida is definitely that good. No doubt at all about that. What we don't know yet is now good the Warriors can be, and how soon they will get there. I would say they are ahead of the curve so far.

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 14, 2017, 04:52:37 pm
Mt. Ida is definitely that good. No doubt at all about that. What we don't know yet is now good the Warriors can be, and how soon they will get there. I would say they are ahead of the curve so far.
Definitely agree

TheTruth2010

Mental mistakes cost the Warriors week one. Could very well be 2-0 right now. I think Lamar will finish 3rd in conference behind Charleston and Atkins.

MICHAELSPAPPY

It looks like there will not be a stream, so can someone at the game keep the score updated on FF? Tks.

FilmCrew

104.1 KENA out of Mena you can download the listen live App....

MICHAELSPAPPY

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas