• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORT SMITH NORTH SIDE @PINE BLUFF WHO Y'ALL GOT

Started by 2000ZEBRA, September 10, 2017, 12:06:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ZEBRA

RD™

rona

Would not be surprised to see the Zebras take this by three scores. Northside though talented - just too young!

zebrafan

Quote from: rona on September 10, 2017, 02:16:23 pm
Would not be surprised to see the Zebras take this by three scores. Northside though talented - just too young!
3 scores? The Z's are somewhat young/inexperienced on O.

jeffslilbro

Fsn no good. Duece only weapon. (with feet not arm. Coaches don't know how to use all the talent they have.

zebrafan

Quote from: jeffslilbro on September 10, 2017, 05:23:14 pm
Fsn no good. Duece only weapon. (with feet not arm. Coaches don't know how to use all the talent they have.
That's crazy what do the lines look like? What are the strengths and weakness?

Rob Van Winkle

PB big time. NS has all these highly touted kids but can't win.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 11, 2017, 03:20:14 pm
PB big time. NS has all these highly touted kids but can't win.

Well I am not sure about a win with a large margin NS usually plays us tight because they normally can match us in both size and speed. This is what we need for our OL to get them ready!

urban legend2

I think PB wins going away, but I expect it to be fairly close early on.

ricepig

Quote from: urban legend2 on September 11, 2017, 06:58:32 pm
I think PB wins going away, but I expect it to be fairly close early on.

So, you expect it to start 0-0?    ;D

High Voltage

zebrafan

urban legend2

Quote from: ricepig on September 11, 2017, 07:45:01 pm
So, you expect it to start 0-0?    ;D
I guess you really can't get any closer than that...PB starts pulling away in the second half. But NS isn't going to lay down, that's for sure.

bulldogger15

The Future

Pr8hd

I would say PB wins by a few scores. NS is young, will be an up and down year at best for the Grizzlies.

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on September 13, 2017, 07:36:16 am
Pine Bluff 28
Northside 7
I'll take the Greenwood Bulldogs over either one of you slappies. 34 to 7. One down, one soon....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

P.F.G.

GuvHog

September 14, 2017, 03:50:23 pm #18 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:52:39 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: zebrafan on September 10, 2017, 05:00:34 pm
3 scores? The Z's are somewhat young/inexperienced on O.

Come on man, that Zebra O-Line is massive. It looks like a college O-Line.

Zebras by at least 17.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 14, 2017, 03:50:23 pm
Come on man, that Zebra O-Line is massive. It looks like a college O-Line.

Zebras by at least 17.
One of the smaller lines PB has put out, they played well last week...we need that again this Friday.

Lumberjackfan1978

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on September 14, 2017, 07:49:48 pm
One of the smaller lines PB has put out, they played well last week...we need that again this Friday.

I am not sure what Guv saw but I agree this is one of our smaller lines BUT in proper context, this is compared to other OL we have had that were huge. They are still big enough not to get pushed around by most teams. They did much better against a quicker and smaller WC. NS is a good test because I suspect them to be bigger and more athletic than any DL we've seen so far. OL (team ) just need to have the attitude get better every week focus on that and by game 10...might be ready to contend.

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 14, 2017, 11:45:59 pm
I am not sure what Guv saw but I agree this is one of our smaller lines BUT in proper context, this is compared to other OL we have had that were huge. They are still big enough not to get pushed around by most teams. They did much better against a quicker and smaller WC. NS is a good test because I suspect them to be bigger and more athletic than any DL we've seen so far. OL (team ) just need to have the attitude get better every week focus on that and by game 10...might be ready to contend.
I'm still taking the Greenwood Bulldogs over either one of you slappies. 34 to 7. One down, one soon enough....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 15, 2017, 06:46:56 am
I'm still taking the Greenwood Bulldogs over either one of you slappies. 34 to 7. One down, one soon enough....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

This puppy needs training! Obviously a GW reject! What is a slappie?

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 15, 2017, 10:47:19 am
This puppy needs training! Obviously a GW reject! What is a slappie?
You'll see come playoff time Zebrafantasy!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebrafan

Welp defense is solid as known...we have got to get going on offense! Still glad we got the W.

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebrafan on September 15, 2017, 10:45:26 pm
Welp defense is solid as known...we have got to get going on offense! Still glad we got the W.
Next.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on September 15, 2017, 10:45:26 pm

Defense is playing very well if not for the obvious offensive pass interference it would have been a shut out. However NS is struggling offensively so we need to put that in context. Our offense took some baby steps NS defense is pretty good they fly to the ball. Still a lot of work to do on the OL and the passing game. I don't think the pass plays we run are helpful to our young QB the plays are making him hold the ball plus there is a tendency for young QB's to hold the ball too long anyway. Our passing game isn't very sophisticated but it could use a little polish.

pinebluffzebra09

September 16, 2017, 05:33:31 pm #28 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:36:01 pm by pinebluffzebra09
Quote from: zebradynasty on September 16, 2017, 10:07:59 am
Defense is playing very well if not for the obvious offensive pass interference it would have been a shut out. However NS is struggling offensively so we need to put that in context. Our offense took some baby steps NS defense is pretty good they fly to the ball. Still a lot of work to do on the OL and the passing game. I don't think the pass plays we run are helpful to our young QB the plays are making him hold the ball plus there is a tendency for young QB's to hold the ball too long anyway. Our passing game isn't very sophisticated but it could use a little polish.
Yes the passing game has never been really a deep playbook type since the early bolding at pine bluff high claude johnson days. But even at the we need to work on the passing game plan that we do have. Simple fade routes with the 6'6" receiver in #6 X.Turner we got out wide has got to come about. Why have him on the field if you not throwing to him. My belief is that some of those 50/50 balls that are in the air can be won with that height IMO. I think the loss of #5 K. Wilkins hurt us in the backfield more than we expected as in M. Johnson at receiver. But all in all we still have a good group of skill players not to mention an eye opener in #17. I like the way he runs that ball especially for a sophomore. Foots will develop into a pretty good QB soon. He's good but you can easily tell he is a soph. One thing coach has to realize also that he aint Skelton. You cant run him straight up the middle 4 straight plays not hoping to get your QB hurt. The O-line is one of the smaller o-lines in a few years for the Z's also. But i think the next 2 to 3 weeks they can gain some confidence together some good games. Defense is gonna ball aint no doubt about it. As long as the linebackers #29 and #31 coming out out of that field house, the D will be ready.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas