• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Johns @ The Burg

Started by Dragonsvoice, September 09, 2017, 07:34:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

September 09, 2017, 07:34:44 pm Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:47:53 pm by Dragonsvoice
this season is unusual the top three in my opinion playing in the start of the season personally I don't like it but it is what it is. for three years haven't been able to beat the hornets but finally did. I don't think we have ever beat the little johns.

that being said Danville only having five seniors could the burg have a chance this Friday? its at our house.

I would like to hear from horneteves when he gets to watch the tape on Fridays game.

my opinion were not special just steady. don't think hornets were ready for the defense or the surprise speed on offense.

I will be a homer the Burg by 6.

Hornet4ever

Dragonsvoice

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 09, 2017, 08:11:35 pm
falling over in shock {cool}

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Seriously, hornet....y'all can still get the 1 seed...but Danville has to win next week...

Allen T

If the Little Johns can keep the flags at bay (so far that hasn't happened) They will win by 14.

AT

Yes, if Hornet fans keep look past their hate against the Little Johns, the best thing that Hackett can hope for is that Danville beats Mountainburg by more than 3. If so Hackett will need to beat the rest of their opponents by 13 plus (not saying that Mountainburg or Danville will for sure do this, but you have to assume they will) and then Hackett needs to beat Danville by more than 3.

Bearden_Bear72

Close one to call.  Just gonna say Danville for no particular reason.  24-21 Danville

Hornet4ever

I've had a few days to really stew over our loss Friday. I really dislike Danville, (its natural - I'm from Hackett); however, a Little John win is what's best for us. I really think Burg will win though, our defense is good and we COULD NOT stop that little run offense scheme of Burg. Burg had problems stopping our offense as well, but they made the right moves at the right time and we lost. Do I think Hackett is better than Burg? Maybe, maybe not. It's week two of the season and several teams have stumbled early and went on to be very successful and even win a state championship. Ring a bell from last season?

I love my Hornets, and I'm behind them 100%. Congrats to the Dragons on their win, and good luck to Danville and Mountainburg this Friday.

Allen T

Ok...I must be living in The Twilight Zone. Hornet actually wished the Little Johns "Luck". I need a drink...and I do not drink!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Allen T on September 10, 2017, 09:44:09 pm
Ok...I must be living in The Twilight Zone. Hornet actually wished the Little Johns "Luck". I need a drink...and I do not drink!

Screenshot it, won't happen much.

DnA Prostaff

I never expected the Dragons to beat Hackett.......... I am impressed. Possible sleeper team in the 2a. In all reality, a win against the little johns should clench the 1 seed and a conference title if they take care of business the rest of the year.

Hackett has had some really tough draws in the playoffs the last 2 years.  I thought this could be the year. 

Good luck to Burg and the Dragons.

DnA Prostaff

Side note, Hackett vs Razorbacks? I'm going with Coach Hester!

raven

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 09, 2017, 07:34:44 pm
my opinion were not special just steady. don't think hornets were ready for the defense or the surprise speed on offense.

I have to agree with you. 

When this season started I didn't have high hopes for this team, but 2 games in, they may indeed be the team to watch out for. 

I don't know anything about Danville other than what everyone says, so it would seem they should win this game, however, Burg at home and no big single play maker to focus on is to Burgs advantage IMO. 

Eaglefan70

I don't know much about the Burg but Danville is a solid team and there running back is what keeps them running.  When CC played them they couldn't pass the ball and didn't get a good run offense going.  If the Burgs defense is solid then they get the W this week. 

wampuscat44

Have to disagree with you there Eagle.  Danville is just not a very good team at all.  Had some starters out week 1, not sure if they are healthy???

bearfan

Like i said week two Danville still has to figure out who they are and this is a Great week to do so.

beach bum

As long as Danville doesn't jump out early I think Mountainburg can turn this into a little bit of a slugfest game and grind out a win.... I am going to predict Mountainburg does just that and their defense plays sound and wins 20-19. Mountainburg has to play a clean game too. Keep it to zero or one turnover all night. If Danville does win this one by a narrow margin the Danville vs Hackett game will have some serious intrigue as Hackett could easily turn this into a three way tie in the 4-2A.

Dragonsvoice

First judging from the past, this game will come down to can the Burg contain the edge.

Second can the Burg maintain the momentum from beating Hackett.

Third will Danville's younger players hurt them this year.

Dreaming of the best for the Burg waiting with high expectations till Friday.

Allen T

Will have to say that I do not know which way this game will go. It all depends on which Danville team shows up. Sometimes they are their own worst enemy. Last week, too many penalties. Never seen so many block in the back calls in one half. That was the third game. Most of that should of been cleaned up by now. And it's not that these kids are green. This group has played together since before Jr High. Sure, there's youth on the team They only have five seniors and only two start. If they can clean up the flags, run their offense with the speed they have then they will win.

bigworm

The burg takes the 4 friday night. 

Hornet4ever

DnA Prostaff

I'm honestly not sure what to expect. Burg is surprising, Beat Cedarville in a pretty ugly game.  Played pretty well against Hackett (IMO a top 10 ten team) and won... (Surprise!)  Danville was beat handily by Conway Christian (top 10 ten team) and have beaten Two Rivers (Terrible) 0-10 last year, and Beat Lavaca.  I guess I'm having trouble deciding how the teams match up.. 

Without much to base this on, I am saying Burg on top, 42-28....

Dragonsvoice

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 12, 2017, 09:34:11 am
I'm honestly not sure what to expect. Burg is surprising, Beat Cedarville in a pretty ugly game.  Played pretty well against Hackett (IMO a top 10 ten team) and won... (Surprise!)  Danville was beat handily by Conway Christian (top 10 ten team) and have beaten Two Rivers (Terrible) 0-10 last year, and Beat Lavaca.  I guess I'm having trouble deciding how the teams match up.. 

Without much to base this on, I am saying Burg on top, 42-28....
that score a little high thinking a lot closer iam not sure either what to expect I've always expected more when we've played them in the past. it always seems their speed hurts us.

bird dog

How long does it take to get from I40 to the football field (legal  speed)?
Thanks

DnA Prostaff

Mountainburg Exit to the field is about 3 miles I think

flyhigheagles22

this one should be a good game !! I dont know much about the dragons but they better have the defense ready for friday. Danville is good at what they do. 28- 14 little johns

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: bird dog on September 13, 2017, 09:49:30 pm
How long does it take to get from I40 to the football field (legal  speed)?
Thanks
15 minutes

Dragonsvoice

Good luck to both teams. safe travels for Danville's team and fans. lets play to the last whistle bleeding blue ;D

bigworm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 12, 2017, 05:51:48 pm
What does that mean?

Burg beats danville tomoro night and wind up winning district 4 in class 2A.

bearfan

Daville wins this one tonights. Their skill guys are just to good if they use them correctly in their offense.

beach bum

It's going to be tough, but Mountainburg can certainly get this W tonight....Control a little clock and keep the turnovers down when they have the ball and I think they can lure Danville into a sluggish low scoring game and win with their defense.

BigLion10

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2017, 10:57:05 am
It's going to be tough, but Mountainburg can certainly get this W tonight....Control a little clock and keep the turnovers down when they have the ball and I think they can lure Danville into a sluggish low scoring game and win with their defense.

Some of the guys from Hackett said Burg was good at that.  Methodically hammered the run for 3-8 yards consistently. Every drive took a lot of time off the clock and kept it away from the fast paced hornet offense....Danville last year was pretty up tempo offense, might play into Burgs hand to control tempo more than anything else.

beach bum

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 15, 2017, 11:01:25 am
Some of the guys from Hackett said Burg was good at that.  Methodically hammered the run for 3-8 yards consistently. Every drive took a lot of time off the clock and kept it away from the fast paced hornet offense....Danville last year was pretty up tempo offense, might play into Burgs hand to control tempo more than anything else.

That is what I heard they did against Cedarville too.... That's kind of why the Hackett game surprised me, but I am starting to think too that might just be what Mountainburg does. I'd rather win wearing the other team out than look flashy and lose a bunch of high scoring games. This could just be the way Mountainburg plays all year. Maybe not the fanciest brand of football, but just wearing the other team out by the 4th quarter.

DnA Prostaff

With a veteran coach, this doesn't surprise me.   Being able to look at the hand he is dealt and make it work..

Good Luck Dragons!

GordonGecko

Is Mountainburg good against the run? If so, then I think they have a shot. Danville is not very good at passing the ball.

DHS#1

Danville 7 Mt.Burg 0
1st 3:27 left in the 1st

Hornet4ever

Someone gives us updates on how the game is going, since there is no live stream.

DHS#1

DHS#1

Danville forced int. On burgs 1st possession and forced to punt on 2nd possession. Danville looking sharp on both sides tonight

dc3

Heard a guy from the burg just broke his leg and it came through the skin?? Prayers if so!

DHS#1

Hornet4ever

Heard about the injury, hope he makes it alright..

DHS#1

4yrd pass td and Danville goes for 2
Danville up 22-0

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DHS#1 on September 15, 2017, 07:49:36 pm
4yrd pass td and Danville goes for 2
Danville up 22-0

Danville not messing around

Wonderdog

64 yd score. Danville dominating.

Mountainburg 0
Danville 29
3:58 till half

Hornet4ever

Danville putting the hammer down...

GordonGecko

Danville 31-0 at the half. Mountainburg's offense looks really bad.

Here is the live stream for those of you that are interested.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/test-arkwest

b-ball fan

Heard the dragons had 6 1st half yards. That's getting shut down.

Their fans are are 1st class tho. They have not stopped cheering and supporting their teams since the opening kickoff, and showed a ton of love to both sets of bands and cheerleaders. Very impressive. Hats off to the Dragon faithful

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas