• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Watson Chapel. Let's get it started

Started by AirWarren, September 08, 2017, 10:21:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Well......

Think Chapel may pull this one out. Our offense looks like a 7th grade boy trying to place his hands on the hips of a girl and move his feet at the same time at a Valentine's dance.

LJ06

I literally have no clue who will win this game, but I will lean Watson Chapel. Warren is struggling offensively and still has a lot to get figured out.

Jack1990

Going with WC myself. Too many questions at QB and secondary too suspect.

LJ06

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 08, 2017, 10:36:19 pm
Going with WC myself. Too many questions at QB and secondary too suspect.

Secondary is just gonna have to grow up and get experience. At QB we are gonna have to figure out who we are gonna roll with and stick to it.

AirWarren

Superjack45

Quote from: LJ06 on September 08, 2017, 10:46:53 pm
Secondary is just gonna have to grow up and get experience. At QB we are gonna have to figure out who we are gonna roll with and stick to it.
Look I  understand the concern but its not a QB thing guys,  experience in games is what's needed and we have to block better up front. We have not really had any time to throw the ball and last night with a deep thigh bruise to his right leg is tough to move around with but no excuse We still have a lot of work to do and hopefully we are getting better every game just seem like this team need a kick in the pants.IJS

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on September 09, 2017, 07:03:34 am
Look I  understand the concern but its not a QB thing guys,  experience in games is what's needed and we have to block better up front. We have not really had any time to throw the ball and last night with a deep thigh bruise to his right leg is tough to move around with but no excuse We still have a lot of work to do and hopefully we are getting better every game just seem like this team need a kick in the pants.IJS

Dude. You're gonna have to get nuts in the stands. Fire em up!

DaytonaDuck

Quote from: AirWarren on September 09, 2017, 07:10:29 am
Dude. You're gonna have to get nuts in the stands. Fire em up!

Some people are divisive in the stands instead of a pulling people together. Seen it in action. Be careful.

AirWarren

Quote from: DaytonaDuck on September 09, 2017, 08:26:29 am
Some people are divisive in the stands instead of a pulling people together. Seen it in action. Be careful.

I do know my hometown.....I know exactly what you mean for sure!

Sports Guru

AirWarren

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on September 09, 2017, 09:08:50 am
Is the whole 8-4a down this year?

Possibly. But as a whole, it has been down for a long time.

Last year was as promising to be competitive that I've seen in a long time.

LJ06

I think we all (myself included) need to take a step back and reevaluate some things. Last season, Warren played the exact same non conference opponents and their scores were as follows:

Warren over LRCA 55-48
Warren over Stuttgart 21-12
Warren over Watson Chapel 52-32

The Lumberjacks struggled out of the gate early in the season with Lassister and Daniels in the backfield. LRCA was a much weaker team last season and Warren had to scrap the entire game to win. The 'Jacks barely edged out Stuttgart and almost blew a huge lead after halftime against Chapel. Warren still went on to dominate 4A and win the state crown. The Lumberjacks are replacing a ton from last year and we cannot expect these guys to just come in automatically and play at the same level as last years team. Like I said earlier in the year, there will be some growing pains which has been obvious so far. However, when this team gets it figured out, they have the talent to be a force.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 09, 2017, 09:21:37 am
I think we all (myself included) need to take a step back and reevaluate some things. Last season, Warren played the exact same non conference opponents and their scores were as follows:

Warren over LRCA 55-48
Warren over Stuttgart 21-12
Warren over Watson Chapel 52-32

The Lumberjacks struggled out of the gate early in the season with Lassister and Daniels in the backfield. LRCA was a much weaker team last season and Warren had to scrap the entire game to win. The 'Jacks barely edged out Stuttgart and almost blew a huge lead after halftime against Chapel. Warren still went on to dominate 4A and win the state crown. The Lumberjacks are replacing a ton from last year and we cannot expect these guys to just come in automatically and play at the same level as last years team. Like I said earlier in the year, there will be some growing pains which has been obvious so far. However, when this team gets it figured out, they have the talent to be a force.

Man.....we get so close to stepping off that ledge....haha

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Bo will figure it out. He always does. That's what separates you guys from the rest of 8-4a. He always finds a way every year.

Lionheart88

September 09, 2017, 02:53:21 pm #14 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:57:35 pm by Lionheart88
I'll be interested to see how this goes.  Lots of question marks around both of these teams still.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

September 10, 2017, 12:17:57 pm #15 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:13:33 pm by KASH dba The Lumberjack
Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on September 09, 2017, 12:17:55 pm
Bo will figure it out. He always does. That's what separates you guys from the rest of 8-4a. He always finds a way every year.
For the first time, it looked to me like Bo was a little unprepared for his starting QB to go down so early in this game. That "heavy" offense might have performed better with another option to handled the ball. A FB or TE could make that offense dangerous. Or even jump into it and let Kinnard split out wide opposite McKnight and spread the field some. Burks needs to practice on quick outs and get in sync with McKnight's speed.  Kinnard needs to be on the field for his offensive threat.  I'm sure Bo will have something other option this week and not leave it totally up to Burks to win the game for him.

All-State

I wish number 12 could of played more. I know he is young, but we must find another backup QB besides Treylon.

SUGARTOWN

September 11, 2017, 09:30:11 am #17 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:38:51 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 10, 2017, 12:17:57 pm
For the first time, it looked to me like Bo was a little unprepared for his starting QB to go down so early in this game. That "heavy" offense might have performed better with another option to handled the ball. A FB or TE could make that offense dangerous. Or even jump into it and let Kinnard split out wide opposite McKnight and spread the field some. Burks needs to practice on quick outs and get in sync with McKnight's speed.  Kinnard needs to be on the field for his offensive threat.  I'm sure Bo will have something other option this week and not leave it totally up to Burks to win the game for him.

You need Burks and Steppes in the backfield at the same time. You have 3 weapons on offense, Burks, McKnight and Steppes, they should all be on the field as much as possible IMO.

Keep running Burks out of the wildcat AND playing on defense all season all he'll be wore down by the end of the year. I know that's why he was on the sideline some last Friday, but he still looked gassed late in the game. Luckily, your line is good and big and can open some holes. I don't think Kinnard is your answer at QB, he plays hard, but just not durable enough to take the hits.

All-State

I think if Burks has to play qb ..we will need to run our normal offense. You are right he will not be able to run the ball all season like that, and play defense all season.

STUNNA

Burks needs to be at qb in short yardage situations only or close games with the lead and late in the game.

All-State

Quote from: STUNNA on September 11, 2017, 09:40:10 am
Burks needs to be at qb in short yardage situations only or close games with the lead and late in the game.
Agreed...I think Kinnard is our guy at QB. I think rolling him out would help him out, you know give him a better view down the field.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on September 11, 2017, 09:40:10 am

I think he should QB all the time. Let him hand off to Steppes and have Kinnard run some jet sweeps. He can run some wildcat and throw it deep to McKnight. I think you're wasting him at WR this year because you don't have anyone to get him the ball.

jimbojack

This is pure ignorance.  Kinnard is the guy.  Friday night was the 1st injury he's ever had.  He's by far our best passer.  The kid had 3 incomplete passes the other night---1 drop, 1 freshman WR ran a wrong route, and 1 was a bad throw.  Burks has a hitch in his motion and what you saw Friday night is about average for him throwing it.  That is not the answer.  Better blocking in the middle of the line will help Kinnard.  He will get it done.   It will work itself out.  We have to get Hargis back involved in the middle of the field.  All of our WR's are getting open---we just aren't throwing it much yet--- I think that points to protection issues more than anything else.  That will get alot better with Pennington Nd Woodard coming back.  Patience, people,  PATIENCe!

prHOG13

Warren will be fine, but as we all know replacing Lassiter is going to be a huge obstacle as he was the straw that stirred the drink last year. I've heard a lot of compliments about how good he was at running that RPO and how it was nearly impossible to defend. I only got to see Warren against LRC so I'm not sure how Burks looked at QB, but having an athlete like that back there worked out well for Robinson with Koilan Jackson last year. These are the kinds of things you figure out in non conference like Bo always does and come November/December they're a lot more comfortable. I don't know a lot, but I'd personally continue to roll with Kinnard at QB because Burks is too special outside and commands so much attention that it doesn't allow teams to stack the box as much and key on Steppes and Burks.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Kinnard is tough. He was banged up at PG last year and played the following week and seemed unhampered by his injury.
We have to remember Lasitter wasn't as good making the right reads as a Jr. as he was as a Sr.
We do need to be patient. No need to drain the swamp in the Lumberjack backfield just yet.

Jack74

The pass blocking in the middle was fine.We couldn't block 33 on the outside or pick up blitzing backers and Db's.

Jack74

I wish we'd get 7 a few more touches at running back

KASH dba The Lumberjack

It was Pennington's first game back from knee surgery. He'll be better this week with another week of practice under his belt. That'll strengthen up blocking on the outside.

Lumberjackfan1978

Hopefully after another week of practice the Jacks will be ready to score on chapel and our defense will be ready to shut their offense down

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Big difference between the enthusiasm of last year to this years team.

ghostoffootballpast

W/C lost a good group of seniors and they also have some new coaches and all that takes a little time to rebuild.  They will be better and better as the year goes on.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on September 14, 2017, 02:25:10 pm
W/C lost a good group of seniors and they also have some new coaches and all that takes a little time to rebuild.  They will be better and better as the year goes on.
They have Guv, so there is that.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 13, 2017, 08:02:15 pm
Not good against Pine Bluff

I was not at all surprised by that, it's been a while since they've competed with the Zebras and the Zebras are always huge up front. WC did manage to score first against the Zebras but that only made the PB HC mad.

If Chapel quits making those silly mistakes like turning the ball over and silly penalties, they have a shot at a win at home against Warren tomorrow night. If they don't then Warren will get the win.

Lumberjackfan1978

I think it will be a good game. It should be close.

Superjack45

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Absolut

Jack1990

They are broadcast on the radio on 105.5 fm/860am and streamed on the nfhs network.  Can get details at salineriverchronicle.com

AirWarren

Keep us updated.

Fidelity is trying to get our internet hooked up.

Been a long day......

Lumberjackfan1978

STUNNA

If Burks can't get the ball at receiver he is gonna need to be at qb

Romeo

Jack1990

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on September 15, 2017, 07:24:42 pm
If Burks can't get the ball at receiver he is gonna need to be at qb

That's exactly what I said after what I saw last week.

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 15, 2017, 08:04:31 pm
That's exactly what I said after what I saw last week.
Wow just wow not looking good on Offense.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas