• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A week 2

Started by nuttinbuthogs, September 08, 2017, 10:11:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttinbuthogs

nuttinbuthogs

Berryville vs Clinton, Clinton by 21
Shiloh vs LR Christian, LR Christian by 23
Huntsville vs Farmington, Farmington by 10
Prairie Grove vs OK. Vian, Prairie Grove by 20
Gravette vs Booneville, Booneville by 10
Pea Ridge vs Open,  Pea Ridge
Gentry vs Decatur, Gentry by 35
Lincoln vs Ok. Keys, Keys by 18

beach bum

PG wins by more than that. They are at home this year and Vian lost a RB they had who put up absurd stats in his 3 years at Vian.

prHOG13

Interested to see that Booneville/Gravette game to see if Gravette is going to take a step forward this year or not.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 08, 2017, 10:21:46 am
Berryville vs Clinton, Clinton by 21
Shiloh vs LR Christian, LR Christian by 23
Huntsville vs Farmington, Farmington by 10
Gravette vs Booneville, Booneville by 10
Pea Ridge vs Open,  Pea Ridge
Gentry vs Decatur, Gentry by 35
Lincoln vs Ok. Keys, Keys by 18

If those are accurate, That's not many wins for the week. 

cuckoobird

There are lots of losers in this conference...

nuttinbuthogs

Berryville vs Clinton, Clinton by 21                     Clinton by 34
Shiloh vs LR Christian, LR Christian by 23           LR Christian by 20
Huntsville vs Farmington, Farmington by 10        Farmington by 30
Prairie Grove vs OK. Vian, Prairie Grove by 20     Prairie Grove by 20
Gravette vs Booneville, Booneville by 10             Booneville by 15
Pea Ridge vs Open,  Pea Ridge                           Bye
Gentry vs Decatur, Gentry by 35                        Gentry by 49
Lincoln vs Ok. Keys, Keys by 18                         Keys by 18

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on September 08, 2017, 10:34:07 am
PG wins by more than that. They are at home this year and Vian lost a RB they had who put up absurd stats in his 3 years at Vian.

Looks like 20 was the magic number.  Good predictions there Hogs. Picked all the winners and a couple of scores dead on.  Who's your bookie?

nuttinbuthogs

No bookie, just some careful inquiries and a few friends who think they know something. Wasn't a hard week to pick really.

whippersnapper

Lincoln could've quit in the 2nd half at 22-0 but they didn't. They are not real fast or big but they are fun to watch so far in 2 games.

RZback

Could have quit?  Fun to watch?  Well they haven't shown a lot so far, loosing games will not keep people in Lincoln watching. They need to get it together before conference.

nuttinbuthogs

I believe Lincoln has a good opportunity next Friday.  Mansfield hasn't won and was beaten by Waldron and Greenland.  Waldron not a great team but is 4A, and Greenland a 3A team beat them pretty easily.  So this will be a chance to get on the winning road again.

RZback

OK, I'll give you that. They have a shot at Mansfield. 

whippersnapper

Keys is picked to win their conf this year. Have 20 seniors and numerous starters returning. Lloyd has only played QB 2 full games now. Along with others who didnt even start last year. Maybe its me but id rather they play thier best ball late in the season then now.

footballfan-tastic

I think Sequoyah is picked to win that with Keys at third.  I may be mistaken.

whippersnapper

I am simply going off of what I was told by some coaches in OK.

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 09, 2017, 06:01:20 pm
Keys is picked to win their conf this year. Have 20 seniors and numerous starters returning. Lloyd has only played QB 2 full games now. Along with others who didnt even start last year. Maybe its me but id rather they play thier best ball late in the season then now.
Competition isn't going to get any easier than it has been for them through the first two weeks though. They need a W this next week or it's going to be a very rough season.

Sportshawk

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 08, 2017, 09:39:18 pm
There are lots of losers in this conference...
Hmmmmm....last year's 4A state playoffs saw three of the four semifinalists from the 4A-1.  Every district has four teams with winning records and four teams with losing records (roughly).  That's math.

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: Sportshawk on September 10, 2017, 06:31:04 pm
Hmmmmm....last year's 4A state playoffs saw three of the four semifinalists from the 4A-1.  Every district has four teams with winning records and four teams with losing records (roughly).  That's math.

If you figure only the conference games, yea, if you add in the non-conference it may differ.

RZback

The 1-4A is like a lot of conferences, top heavy and not a lot of change.   Prairie Grove, Shiloh, Gravette, and more recently Pea Ridge have done well most years.  Huntsville, Lincoln, Gentry, Berryville have not done very well over the years.  Huntsville has moved up and down and set to move up again, Lincoln had a good spurt a few years back, Farmington was in the conference a few years ago and was just ok, otherwise I don't know that much change has really occurred.

The real question is can the new coaches do much at the lower schools, Berryville, Lincoln, Gentry, Huntsville all have had new coaches in just the past few years. Otherwise its a fight for 5th.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas