• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro @ Conway

Started by ricepig, September 07, 2017, 05:27:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

What's the scoop on Conway, I know they lost to Springdale, not much else. I doubt Jonesboro will be able to run the ball down Conway's throat like they did Batesville, thoughts on the game?

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on September 07, 2017, 05:27:57 pm
What's the scoop on Conway, I know they lost to Springdale, not much else. I doubt Jonesboro will be able to run the ball down Conway's throat like they did Batesville, thoughts on the game?

We were limited to the run game due to weather and it produced well.  We should get to see the other half of the offense this week.  Having both the run game and the passing game could make our offense even stronger.  I feel Conway will always compete so we need to be on top of our game.

Wildcat Football

Conway will be a good test for Jonesboro, this is a game I will be watching closely.  If Jonesboro takes care of the Wampus Cats with a decent margin of victory, I think they will be able to give Greenwood a run for their money.  The key for Jonesboro is to get better throughout the year, especially on defense...the offense timing will get even better over the course of the year.  My message to all coaches, don't be timid in trying other players in different positions if player is not getting it done.  Jonesboro has a lot of talent, don't waste it or it will be another loss in the semis.

WampusCat30

I think Jonesboro takes this one. Conway will put up a fight early, but Jonesboro has too many athletes and they take this one by around 14

bulldogger15

Quote from: WampusCat30 on September 08, 2017, 09:26:34 am
I think Jonesboro takes this one. Conway will put up a fight early, but Jonesboro has too many athletes and they take this one by around 14
+1

ricepig

Quote from: WampusCat30 on September 08, 2017, 09:26:34 am

Well, they are probably a little shorter in the "athlete" department at WR than in the past, in other words, no Jonathan Adams, lol. They do have more talent along both lines, and as usual, the secondary will tell the story of the season.

zebradynasty

Jonesboro should win this one.

francocat

Cats are more than ready for the Adams-less Hurricanes. Cats by 10!!!

T-Bone

Two good QB's and we do have good receivers.  JA was very good but he was not the only offensive weapon.  We seem to have a double threat on offense this year that will come in handy.  As per D, I believe we can hold our own.  Lets find out tonight.

Pr8hd

September 08, 2017, 07:30:07 pm #9 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 07:32:43 pm by Pr8hd

JessieP

T-Bone

Quote from: JessieP on September 08, 2017, 11:38:21 pm
Ouch!

That was what I say.  Ouch!  There was nothing good to say about this game for Jonesboro.  A good team and they did not perform.  But Conway did tonight.

JessieP

Quote from: T-Bone on September 08, 2017, 11:48:11 pm
That was what I say.  Ouch!  There was nothing good to say about this game for Jonesboro.  A good team and they did not perform.  But Conway did tonight.

T-Bone, for what it's worth, having seen both teams up close I can honestly tell you Jonesboro is much better then Searcy, not even close. Tonight we made countless unforced errors, it was like a comedy skit. Searcy is not at all physical. Jboro will dominate the line and out hit them by a mile. The QB is very good but the WR's are average at best. We played as bad as any team could play. In a head to head match I'd say Jboro beats Searcy by 14.

francocat

The "unforced" errors were a result of Conway simply outplaying the Canes in every category. Jonesboro fans must have sensed something because only about 20 folks showed up. Good luck to y'all the rest of the year.

T-Bone

Quote from: francocat on September 09, 2017, 01:07:57 pm
The "unforced" errors were a result of Conway simply outplaying the Canes in every category. Jonesboro fans must have sensed something because only about 20 folks showed up. Good luck to y'all the rest of the year.

Not sure about forced or unforced.  In no way did Jonesboro play to their ability.  No excuse from me.  They just didn't.  They lost and I do feel there will be a few changes as well as better prepared on both sides for next game.  Good luck to Conway.  They played well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas