• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SS Travels to Harrison

Started by sssuperpantherfan2, September 07, 2017, 03:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sssuperpantherfan2

I can't believe this hasn't been started.  ;D. It will be an interesting match up that could go either way. I won't be at the game and will have to get updates online.

Go Postal

Here's the GobTV link below.  It is done by the journalism/multimedia class I believe.  I like to watch it and listen to the game at the same time on the local radio.

This should be a good game between these old nemisis', not rivals.  When the Panthers were still in the 5A, it seemed that in every sport that these two teams were the cause of one of these teams could not go to the playoffs because they lost to the other of these two.  I seen it over the years in football and basketball.  Both usually made it to the playoffs in soccer but it usually came down to Harrison, Siloam or a private school and of course the '05 Championship game where the Goblins stole the win from the Panthers with that last second goal.  But I digress thinking of the past.  What made Siloam and Harrison a pain in the side to each other is that they were so much alike in talent and got in each other's way on the road to the playoffs. 
This should be a good game once again between these two Northwest neighbors.

https://youtu.be/19lGXG6yh7w

Deuceswild

This should be a much more exciting game than last week for Harrison and I always worry when it comes to adjusting from one type of offense to the other defensively. But this is actually more of what we are used to seeing and should also allow us to gauge what adjustments are needed for the next couple of weeks. No doubt SS can make this a tough game but I don't think they can handle the speed of our defense this year. Hope they don't prove me wrong.

Go Postal

I believe that the only reason that Siloam lost by one point last week was from two miscues in the last few minutes.  They led for most of the game.

Harrison started slow last week and can not afford to do that for this game and try to play catch up for most of the game.

sssuperpantherfan2

We lead the whole game by 14 puts till the last 2 minutes. We did a fair catch on a kickoff that we should have ran a little bit up field first, he caught it on the 2 yd line. Crowd noise caused our center to prematurely snap the ball to the QB who was standing in the end zone and the ball bounced off his leg onto the 1 yd like for Rogers to recover. We get the next kickoff and start driving with 50 sec left and a long pass to get passed midfield, SS 33- Rogers 34, we need a feild goal for the win. We handoff to out RB, get gets up to the 45 and fumbles, 1st one of the night for him but Rogers recovers it too and sits on the ball in the victory formation for the win. We played hard enough for the win, bad chain of events in 2 minutes of play.

Go Postal

GobTV is live.  Lady Goblins got their 5A State Soccer Championship rings tonight for last Spring.  That makes their 6th ring and the 12th soccer Championship ring for the school.  It seems fitting that it happened tonight because our old rival, Siloam Springs boys and girls, are the 6A State Soccer Champions. :)

Go Postal

sssuperpantherfan2

Holy crooked creek!! Call back our TD and don't give us the fumble!!

sssuperpantherfan2

Go Postal

Quote from: sssuperpantherfan2 on September 08, 2017, 07:30:44 pm
Holy crooked creek!! Call back our TD and don't give us the fumble!!
I agree though we started getting penalties later.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins  48
Siloam Springs Panthers  12

Final.  All the Goblin guys and gal got to play in this game.  Gobs punted for the 1st time at 3:30 left in game.  I don't think that I have ever seen the Goblins clicking this great on all phases in any game.

Unofficial stats:

SS Panthers QBs were 7 of 17 for 137 passing yds.  Had 56 yds rushing.  Total offense:  193 yds.

Golden Goblins QB Ditmanson was 10 of 15 for 201 passing yds.  Goblins had 366 yds rushing.  Total offense:  567 yards.

sssuperpantherfan2

Holy crap the Gobs rolled us and we could not the run.  Hats off to the Harrison team, they have a great team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas