• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2 - Nashville @ De Queen

Started by ~WPS~, September 02, 2017, 12:26:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

Quote from: scrapman on September 08, 2017, 10:48:58 pm
Not a good night for the scrap. Defense was horrible. Hard to watch. Hope we can rebound

Tough loss, but they never laid down, and never gave up. Might get better as the season goes on.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Markadomous on September 08, 2017, 10:18:28 pm
Keep yalls heads up scrappers. At least y'all have that 50 something game winning streak going in junior high
this might win post of the year. Hilarious!!!

Maynard G Krebs

richboy

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on September 08, 2017, 10:34:14 pm
I would say by reading some of your post that it is because you have the mentality of a 7 year old.
because I like to talk crap? It's football. Don't act like a girl becauce y'all lost to dequeen.

FoxandHound34

Now Now richboy don't want to hurt their feeling too bad

SCRAPYARD

Wahls

We're going to learn a whole lot about Nashville against Idabel.

cuckoobird

Nashville is terrible right now, we know that. Can they turn it around? Sure but it's becoming the trend of them giving up huge points and that's not good at all

Wahls

I want to see them against Idabel before we label them as "terrible."

I didn't get to watch Nashville, but listening to the commentary and hearing about what De Queen's line was able to do, I pulled up their roster and they seem to be the smallest I remember them being. I'd like a Nashville poster to chime in on this.

Offense needs to slow down before they expose their own defense again.

polksalet

Quote from: Wahls on September 08, 2017, 11:38:54 pm
I want to see them against Idabel before we label them as "terrible."

I didn't get to watch Nashville, but listening to the commentary and hearing about what De Queen's line was able to do, I pulled up their roster and they seem to be the smallest I remember them being. I'd like a Nashville poster to chime in on this.

Offense needs to slow down before they expose their own defense again.

It's the worst run d in at least 45 years. Our pass d doesn't look because beypeople only run. Our defense is hs version of '16 hogs basically. Oline is 5 new starters and I think only one sr. They're average probably. What else would you like to know?

Wahls

Quote from: polksalet on September 08, 2017, 11:44:48 pm
It's the worst run d in at least 45 years. Our pass d doesn't look because beypeople only run. Our defense is hs version of '16 hogs basically. Oline is 5 new starters and I think only one sr. They're average probably. What else would you like to know?

The names of your dline starters. Linebackers for bonus points.

polksalet

Not gonna call any kids out by name.

Wahls

Quote from: polksalet on September 08, 2017, 11:52:26 pm
Not gonna call any kids out by name.

Not trying to call anyone out. Just wondering how big Nashville is up front, esp on the d line.

Because when I ask you, everyone is 140lbs and 5'4" and unathletic.

polksalet

Quote from: Wahls on September 08, 2017, 11:55:31 pm
Not trying to call anyone out. Just wondering how big Nashville is up front, esp on the d line.

Because when I ask you, everyone is 140lbs and 5'4" and unathletic.

That's our secondary. Dline probably averages 240. Lbs I'd say maybe, 180 only because one looks 220.

P.F.G.

Well, I guess I picked a good game to watch this week. Number 2 for dequeen played lights out. The pick six he got really got the crowd into the game and they fed off of that. Nashville just flat out got punched in the mouth in that 3rd quarter and didn't like it. That Kong drive was a big one. Nashville can score but if they don't improve that run D they will get exposed more this season. Great game and good luck to each team this year.

Maynard G Krebs

Is it true that a search committee was formed late last night?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 09, 2017, 08:18:47 am
Is it true that a search committee was formed late last night?

Searching for the defense?

Maynard G Krebs

beaverfan007

Is the for sale up I'm the coaches yard yet?

scrapman

cuckoobird

OK, I just thought last year's defense was bad, but this year's defense says here hold my beer and watch this

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 12:22:59 pm
OK, I just thought last year's defense was bad, but this year's defense says here hold my beer and watch this
You know what is worse than bad defense...bieng 0-2.

footballcoach2015

It was bound to happen eventually. This year Scrappers don't have that big of a line looking at the past like in 2013 or 2014. There are some great players on the team but they definitely aren't the Scrappers who are state ready. Whether they are or not ready for state depends on how they rebound from this.

polksalet

I was just thinking about this. Dq got 5 ints and barely won. That's something.

cuckoobird

I'm sorry scrapman, not everyone can schedule hope

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 02:11:59 pm
I'm sorry scrapman, not everyone can schedule hope
It's ok. Maybe you should

cuckoobird

Just wait till you get a hold of arkie. I would say warren too but doubtful yall make the playoffs

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 02:48:09 pm
Just wait till you get a hold of arkie. I would say warren too but doubtful yall make the playoffs
Then we will have a couple things in common, no playoffs and a L to Arky.

cuckoobird

No, we won't have a loss to probably the second worst team in five a ball, and we all know other than Pulaski academy isn't that good. Creampuff schedule get you beat by creampuffs

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 06:40:56 pm
No, we won't have a loss to probably the second worst team in five a ball, and we all know other than Pulaski academy isn't that good. Creampuff schedule get you beat by creampuffs
Ok...0-2

cuckoobird

0-2 against two top 5 teams is better than 1-1 against the two bottom ranked teams in 5a

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 06:58:44 pm
0-2 against two top 5 teams is better than 1-1 against the two bottom ranked teams in 5a
I guess if u say so. Easy to justify that with such a recent history of excessive loosing

cuckoobird

Hey, you guys have the most recent history of getting beat by an awful team. It was last night

Gray lizard

Well you just never know how fast things can turn. All the talk about 7 4A and 8 4A power. This should damper some of the tread take overs.

scrapman

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 09, 2017, 07:48:14 pm
Well you just never know how fast things can turn. All the talk about 7 4A and 8 4A power. This should damper some of the tread take overs.
Yeah. I do think in week 1 the 8 went winless. At least bauxite got the dub this week.

cuckoobird

Scrapper fans having to hang their hat on a team that went 0-10 last year. What's the world coming to

FoxandHound34

Better throw in the towel now Scrappers doesn't get and better

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 09, 2017, 08:58:18 pm
Scrapper fans having to hang their hat on a team that went 0-10 last year. What's the world coming to
You know a little about that winless stuff don't you.

Scooter2121

Wait a minute the Crappers lost and there's only 3 pages.The Crappers must really suck to have lost to DeQueen!!!Looks like maybe a 1-2 start for the Crappers if they can't stop the run!!

Bigbossman

just looking ahead at the rest of the schedule.....how many years has it been since a Nashville team went all season with only 2 wins and no playoff appearance? because that is a very real possibility  :o and i'm only assuming Nashville can get past bauxite for their 2nd win later in the season.

HORNET-MAN

How Good of Coach is.. Coach V.??(Not Bashing im a Scrapper Fan love the program)..But Dawson Teams improved as the season went on he seem to push the right buttons most of the time.. Is Coach V. on that level?..just a question not bashing.

Maynard G Krebs

Rumors are Nashville is thinking of a way to disguise AJ and get him back on the field.  😄

scrapman

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on September 12, 2017, 01:24:52 pm
How Good of Coach is.. Coach V.??(Not Bashing im a Scrapper Fan love the program)..But Dawson Teams improved as the season went on he seem to push the right buttons most of the time.. Is Coach V. on that level?..just a question not bashing.
Time will tell. Probably not fair to ask just yet. I do believe the talent at Nashville right now is quite a bit different than the mid 2000's. Anyone that has been here can tell you that. In 2013 Dawson dropped 3 of his last 5 games that season. Were the buttons pushed correctly that season. Everyone has been saying that we are down, young, whatever you want to call it this year.  We lose a game and now questions come up about coaching, defensive scheme, whatever.  Coaches usually get a little too much credit and too much blame. The Jimis and Joe's not the X's and O's have a lot more to do with it.  Ive never thought coaches become bad coaches over night. Don't think you are bashing, just think it is too early to tell. Remember coach Patton at Bauxite went from state champion to 0-10 in 1 year. Same coach, same system, different Jimis and Joes.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: scrapman on September 12, 2017, 08:36:43 pm
Time will tell. Probably not fair to ask just yet. I do believe the talent at Nashville right now is quite a bit different than the mid 2000's. Anyone that has been here can tell you that. In 2013 Dawson dropped 3 of his last 5 games that season. Were the buttons pushed correctly that season. Everyone has been saying that we are down, young, whatever you want to call it this year.  We lose a game and now questions come up about coaching, defensive scheme, whatever.  Coaches usually get a little too much credit and too much blame. The Jimis and Joe's not the X's and O's have a lot more to do with it.  Ive never thought coaches become bad coaches over night. Don't think you are bashing, just think it is too early to tell. Remember coach Patton at Bauxite went from state champion to 0-10 in 1 year. Same coach, same system, different Jimis and Joes.
+1 Good Post

polksalet

It been my experience that ville success is about 90% on how much talent there is on the lines. We always have kids that can run and catch. This year we're extremely young and inexperienced up front.

Bigbossman

defense has been questionable since the loss at fountain lake a couple years ago. im not at all saying its time to run someone off, but it may be time to recognize a problem and correct it.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Bigbossman on September 13, 2017, 12:46:52 pm
defense has been questionable since the loss at fountain lake a couple years ago. im not at all saying its time to run someone off, but it may be time to recognize a problem and correct it.
Any of the folks in Nashville that want to run Volarvich off after going 27-2 need their brain inspected.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Wonderdog on September 13, 2017, 03:34:46 pm
Any of the folks in Nashville that want to run Volarvich off after going 27-2 need their brain inspected.
I agree.

brotherdew

A Nashville loss to DeQueen is a lot worse than any other loss. I remember when they lost to the Leopards with Perry as coach. The AD was on the sideline and pretty much running things before the season was over. Perry was out and Dawson was back in.
I don't think Dawson comes back so they might not be ready to kick the current coach to the curb yet. I don't see how you get rid of a coach who has only recorded two losses as head coach there.
The question everyone should be asking is "what did Sloan do to turn things around in just a week?"

DerekOxford

Quote from: brotherdew on September 13, 2017, 10:58:50 pm
A Nashville loss to DeQueen is a lot worse than any other loss. I remember when they lost to the Leopards with Perry as coach. The AD was on the sideline and pretty much running things before the season was over. Perry was out and Dawson was back in.
I don't think Dawson comes back so they might not be ready to kick the current coach to the curb yet. I don't see how you get rid of a coach who has only recorded two losses as head coach there.
The question everyone should be asking is "what did Sloan do to turn things around in just a week?"

Sloan is a winner.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas