• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy

Started by by-stander, August 20, 2017, 07:40:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

by-stander

They are loaded are ready from what I understand!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: by-stander on August 20, 2017, 07:40:31 am
They are loaded are ready from what I understand!
Do you have specifics?

I know they have an extremely versatile player in Paydon Harlow. What else do they have to improve on last year's lackluster season?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 20, 2017, 01:14:35 pm
Do you have specifics?

I know they have an extremely versatile player in Paydon Harlow. What else do they have to improve on last year's lackluster season?

A QB that allows Harlow to not have to play qb all the time and frees him up to play defense. A 200 lb RB that carried the load in a conference champ jr high season. A healthy division 1 WR. All 5 OL return. Pretty much have lots going to improve from last year.

Oh and the fact that they're still HA. They've had a pretty good track record of producing some quality teams. Easy to overlook a team of that stature for sure.

oasistrader

HA should be respectable-maybe in the top 6,but Prescott remains the team to be beaten in 3A,I believe.

Proud Buckaroo

Look forward to possibly coming up to Searcy week 2 to watch them play against Smackover.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 20, 2017, 04:51:26 pm
Look forward to possibly coming up to Searcy week 2 to watch them play against Smackover.

You need to make up your mind about this one

panther07

Quote from: oasistrader on August 20, 2017, 04:25:02 pm
HA should be respectable-maybe in the top 6,but Prescott remains the team to be beaten in 3A,I believe.

I don't think I disagree. However, HA with a good QB has been known to do a lot of winning and very little losing. Just ask Prescott.

oasistrader

Panther,you certainly are correct,but Harding's small line(like most years)will likely be what will stop them from going all the way.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on August 20, 2017, 03:23:01 pm
A QB that allows Harlow to not have to play qb all the time and frees him up to play defense. A 200 lb RB that carried the load in a conference champ jr high season. A healthy division 1 WR. All 5 OL return. Pretty much have lots going to improve from last year.

Oh and the fact that they're still HA. They've had a pretty good track record of producing some quality teams. Easy to overlook a team of that stature for sure.
Who's the QB?

Also, Harlow was an outstanding receiver as a sophomore. He would be too valuable in that role not to play him on offense. Besides, he was pretty salty last year on defense even playing virtually every down on offense. Ask Newport how many tackles he made in their game.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 20, 2017, 09:53:18 pm
Who's the QB?

Also, Harlow was an outstanding receiver as a sophomore. He would be too valuable in that role not to play him on offense. Besides, he was pretty salty last year on defense even playing virtually every down on offense. Ask Newport how many tackles he made in their game.

Davis Morgan is the QB. And yes, Harlow was very good at WR. And when he was in at QB, he wasn't playing defense. Played very little defense against BK and zero Lb when he was in. Only played in the box the last half of the season. Him not having to play QB allows him to be a huge weapon opposite of D1 player on the other side and allows him to play LB basically the entire game.

sprained ankle

He needed to make one more tackle against Newport.

KOJACK

Quote from: panther07 on August 20, 2017, 06:16:34 pm
I don't think I disagree. However, HA with a good QB has been known to do a lot of winning and very little losing. Just ask Prescott.
Harding and Prescott have played twice...they are 1-1.  ::)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on August 21, 2017, 01:48:00 pm
Seems about right for two top-notch programs.

panther07

Quote from: KOJACK on August 21, 2017, 01:48:00 pm

Just in reference to 2 yearns ago... when HA had a good qb. And Prescott was being discussed. Figured it was pretty easy to piece those things together.  ::)

Skip Baymore

H.A. lost a stud/game changer at defensive end and a very gifted guy and some good talent in the secondary.  The players coming back are quick and good but wont be as salty at least beginning the year.  Other than that, H.A. should be as good and probably better at about every other position.  And the new coach is very good and he's not new anymore.  H.A. will be better (worst season in a more than a decade at 8-4), how much better remains to be seen.

Wildcat

Bruh the harding right guard is nuts. Hes gonna get after some people

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Wildcat on August 22, 2017, 08:29:00 am

Yeah bruh im sure he is

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wildcat on August 22, 2017, 08:29:00 am
Pay attention in class. You can be the right guard again after
Class.

panther07

It was a scrimmage. So take the score with some salt. HA beat Beebe 42-14 tonight. Beebe only scored once when both 1's were in.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas