• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff high has the best defense in the state 2017

Started by 2000ZEBRA, August 03, 2017, 10:31:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ZEBRA

Who will be able to hold the big 4 in the front (#48) J.Foote

AHS06

I doubt they have the best defense in the state.  Maybe one of the better defenses up front.

Rayburn

2000ZEBRA

sportsguy80

Quote from: AHS06 on August 03, 2017, 01:53:47 pm
I doubt they have the best defense in the state.  Maybe one of the better defenses up front.
I'm curious. Who has one that is about the same or better?

tomdawg55

I do think
They better have the best
GW will hang 42 on them this year at WMS
How's their offense?

AHS06

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 04, 2017, 09:06:13 pm
I'm curious. Who has one that is about the same or better?
Har-Ber, NLR, Bentonville, Northside, throw in El Dorado and I'm sure they're others with potential.

tomdawg55

urban legend2

PB's defense should be good, but I think I can speak for other Zebra supporters when I say we probably need to pump the breaks on the "best defense in the state" claim. That remains to be seen.

zebrafan

Quote from: urban legend2 on August 05, 2017, 10:29:03 pm
PB's defense should be good, but I think I can speak for other Zebra supporters when I say we probably need to pump the breaks on the "best defense in the state" claim. That remains to be seen.
Agreed.

zebradynasty

On paper the defense should be better than last season (which wasn't that bad). To be the best in the state...prove that on the field.

2000ZEBRA

zebradynasty

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 06, 2017, 05:41:12 pm
Ok how bout the best in the 6A

My answer is still the same. Show it on the field. Not doubting they can't be the best but too early to claim that honor when we haven't even scrimmaged yet.

RD™

I bet we see another epic Greenwood / Pine Bluff show down. Really starting to enjoy those games.

zebradynasty

Quote from: RD™ on August 07, 2017, 12:43:04 pm
I bet we see another epic Greenwood / Pine Bluff show down. Really starting to enjoy those games.

Maybe but I'm concerned about our offense specifically the OL.

Jimbo Morphis

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldman on August 07, 2017, 03:48:28 pm
How about best in Pine Bluff?

No self respecting Zebra Fan would bother bragging about that!

zebrafan

urban legend2

I think our backfield is solid, but it'll probably take a minute for that OL to gel completely.

2000ZEBRA

I just got word that the transfer from Watson Chapel went back to Chapel because he couldn't handle the work out the Zebras had during the spring

zebrafan

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 08, 2017, 05:38:08 pm
I just got word that the transfer from Watson Chapel went back to Chapel because he couldn't handle the work out the Zebras had during the spring
I noticed he hadn't been there in awhile, we are also missing a guard due to injury. There doing a lot of shuffling on that OL so far...still have solid options though.

bulldogger15

Quote from: tomdawg55 on August 05, 2017, 09:03:41 pm
I do think
They better have the best
GW will hang 42 on them this year at WMS
How's their offense?
+1

zebradynasty

Yeah I had heard and confirmed that when fall practice started. That is why I've stated my concerns about the OL. However, if he or any player is not willing to do the work...we're are better without him. I hate it for the kid because his high school career is over but his choice.

Pr8hd

Does PB have school choice?

Why return to Chapel if you transferred to PB for any other reasons besides athletics...that seems pretty transparent that it was for that alone. Didn't the Z's QB from last year also transfer from Chapel?

zebrafan

August 09, 2017, 07:38:49 pm #24 Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:11:22 pm by zebrafan
Quote from: Pr8hd on August 09, 2017, 07:29:17 pm

Why return to Chapel if you transferred to PB for any other reasons besides athletics...that seems pretty transparent that it was for that alone. Didn't the Z's QB from last year also transfer from Chapel?
QB came from Dollarway but enrolled after Christmas his junior year.

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebrafan on August 09, 2017, 07:38:49 pm
QB came from Dollarway but enrolled the after Christmas his junior year.

That's right, sorry my bad. I knew he was a transfer from another PB school just had wrong one.

Very interesting though.   ;)

zebradynasty

Of course it was for athletics! I don't think he tried to hide it. In fact that's been the case for most of the kids that have transferred in here. The kid wanted a chance to play college ball and be winner. Now why he quit so close to his goal...don't know it's over for him now.

GuvHog

Even though School Choice does exist, AAA transfer rules still apply. He found out that he would have been ineligible to play at Pine Bluff and went back to WC just as Jakobi Jackson did.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 09:02:25 am
Even though School Choice does exist, AAA transfer rules still apply. He found out that he would have been ineligible to play at Pine Bluff and went back to WC just as Jakobi Jackson did.

Don't believe that is correct this kid went through spring ball.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 10, 2017, 09:05:53 am
Don't believe that is correct this kid went through spring ball.

Doesn't matter. He could practice with the Zebras but he couldn't dress out for any games because the AAA transfer rules still exist. As I stated, that's why Jakobi Jackson went back to WC.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 09:10:07 am
Doesn't matter. He could practice with the Zebras but he couldn't dress out for any games because the AAA transfer rules still exist. As I stated, that's why Jakobi Jackson went back to WC.

So your story is Bolding, Head Coach and Athletic Director let this kid practice worked with the first team OL KNOWING he wasn't eligible OR that he did not know the rules regarding transfers and allowed him practice and this is the second time within a year it has happened.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 09:10:07 am
He would have been eligible to play...but it doesn't matter now..that's a big kid walking the halls now smh.

zebradynasty

I don't know Bolding personally but I have seen and experienced his work. He's a very detailed oriented person I mean that's just how he is. I find it hard to believe that not once but twice he didn't know the rules concerning transfers especially since as Athletic Director that is his job! Not to mention if he had any questions he could call Gragg and get an answer on anything concerning AAA rules.

2000ZEBRA

I was told that he can't even play his senior year at Chapel, and yes we have one OL with a foot injury but he will be ready for the regular season

zebrafan

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 11, 2017, 09:09:31 am
I was told that he can't even play his senior year at Chapel, and yes we have one OL with a foot injury but he will be ready for the regular season
Good we will need him.

GuvHog

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 11, 2017, 09:09:31 am

Wrong. He's eligible at Chapel and is on the team. He would have been ineligible at PB, that's why he returned to Chapel. His family lives in the WC district and according to AAA rules, his family would have had to move into the PB district for him to be eligible there.  Had he transferred before his junior year, he would have been eligible at PB even though he lives in the WC district.

Trojanball24

Thanks GuvHog... Sounds like your worried about it

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2017, 01:11:00 pm
Wrong. He's eligible at Chapel and is on the team. He would have been ineligible at PB, that's why he returned to Chapel. His family lives in the WC district and according to AAA rules, his family would have had to move into the PB district for him to be eligible there.  Had he transferred before his junior year, he would have been eligible at PB even though he lives in the WC district.

Sounds like to me this kid/family lied to PB and said he was moving or had moved but never did. What you posted is the rule the way I understand and I'm sure Bolding is aware of the rule.

2000ZEBRA

Aw ok thanks for the info, does anyone have any info on the QB situation at Watson Chapel

zebrafan

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 12, 2017, 12:25:45 pm
Aw ok thanks for the info, does anyone have any info on the QB situation at Watson Chapel
Looks like the 10th grader Curry might start.

GuvHog

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 12, 2017, 12:25:45 pm

Jakobi Jackson is back on the team and taking snaps at QB.

2000ZEBRA

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 06, 2017, 04:01:18 pm
On paper the defense should be better than last season (which wasn't that bad). To be the best in the state...prove that on the field.
The die is cast. The Greenwood Bulldogs have the best defense in the State of Arkansas. Their offense will be at the top as well. Bet.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ricepig

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 15, 2017, 12:06:15 am
The die is cast. The Greenwood Bulldogs have the best defense in the State of Arkansas. Their offense will be at the top as well. Bet.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Statistically?? I'll take that bet.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 15, 2017, 12:06:15 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!

All classes or just 6A?

7AFBFAN

Who does GW have at LB this year? They lost 3 from last year who were very good and the one kid who seems like was a safety that was all over the field. Dundee? They always excel at LB so imagine it will be another quality 3 stepping in.

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 09:02:25 am
once again Guv has misinformation. The lineman lives in the PB school district. he was eligible at PB NOT at Chapel! Get your facts straight!

2000ZEBRA

So the kids has messed up his whole High School career

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2017, 01:11:00 pm
WRONG! he is NOT on the team because his family lives in the Pine Bluff district. he is going to school at Chapel but is NOT on the team and will NOT play football this year. This is according to the young man himself

GuvHog

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 17, 2017, 08:24:30 am
WRONG! he is NOT on the team because his family lives in the Pine Bluff district. he is going to school at Chapel but is NOT on the team and will NOT play football this year. This is according to the young man himself

He went to Chapel and played last year so he is eligible to play this year and is on the team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas