• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harber Wildcats schedule

Started by Razorback Red, July 05, 2017, 03:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Can the Wildcats D overcome a key loss on the offensive side of the ball?

at Southside
at Jeff City, MO
Jenks, OK
Rogers
at Springdale
at Bentonville
Bentonville West
at Fayetteville
Van Buren
at Heritage

All three key conf games in back-to-back-to-back weeks. 

Razorback Red

I cannot believe there is not any talk on that week 3 home game vs. Jenks.  Harber hung with Jenks for 3Q's last fall.  I really hope fans pack the stadium for this game.  Would love to see HB find a way to pull this one out, would be a huge win for AR HS football. 

Rob Van Winkle

This is definitely a marquee matchup and one that Har=Ber neds to win, especially at home. HB moved the ball very well against Jenks last year. Defense got put in a couple of tough spots early in the 2nd half of last years game and that is what turned things around. Jenks lost several key skill players but I am sure that in typical Jenks fashion they will just reload.

Should be another great game and hopefully HB pulls out the win.

HarBer Dad

Key loss meaning Trey Smith graduating or did I miss something this summer?

sportsguy80

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 17, 2017, 04:01:49 pm
Yea he along with some others will be missed but HarBer should still be ok.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 17, 2017, 04:01:49 pm

Top soph running back from last year tore his ACL in the last spring practice. Had a very good year last year. His recovery is ahead of schedule so he may be back in early November.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 18, 2017, 04:03:09 pm
Top soph running back from last year tore his ACL in the last spring practice. Had a very good year last year. His recovery is ahead of schedule so he may be back in early November.

Thanks, RB loss was what I was referencing.  I'm sure they have another couple of solid RB's, but He had lots of potential. 

Rob Van Winkle

August 19, 2017, 05:28:12 pm #7 Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:32:21 pm by Rob Van Winkle
Week 2 opponent Jeff City won their first game 47-0 over McClure North

HarBer Dad

Just read Har-Ber is playing Pulaski Academy in 2018 in a "zero week" game.  What a great schedule add for both teams.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 24, 2017, 04:09:30 pm
Just read Har-Ber is playing Pulaski Academy in 2018 in a "zero week" game.  What a great schedule add for both teams.

They also travel to Pine Bluff in week 3 for another great in state match up. Off week for week 1 and then in week 2 travel to Shreveport to play in the Battle on the Border at the Independence Bowl-opponent TBD

sportsguy80

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 24, 2017, 04:09:30 pm
Do you know where they will play at? That's great news!

sportsguy80

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 24, 2017, 04:15:57 pm
They also travel to Pine Bluff in week 3 for another great in state match up. Off week for week 1 and then in week 2 travel to Shreveport to play in the Battle on the Border at the Independence Bowl-opponent TBD
Hats off to the AD for making this schedule.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 24, 2017, 04:20:13 pm
Do you know where they will play at? That's great news!

18 at Harber and 19 at PA. Definitely kudos to both programs for playing each other. It will be great for the state

PA Dad

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 24, 2017, 04:25:50 pm
18 at Harber and 19 at PA. Definitely kudos to both programs for playing each other. It will be great for the state

I agree.  It's courageous of Harper to agree to play PA.  They really have little to gain by doing so.  But, these are two great programs and I'm real happy with the series.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 17, 2017, 01:35:00 pm
This is definitely a marquee matchup and one that Har=Ber neds to win, especially at home. HB moved the ball very well against Jenks last year. Defense got put in a couple of tough spots early in the 2nd half of last years game and that is what turned things around. Jenks lost several key skill players but I am sure that in typical Jenks fashion they will just reload.

Should be another great game and hopefully HB pulls out the win.

I'm sure Jenks will get better throughout the season, but they got beat soundly by Owasso (Coach Blankenship) last week.  Not sure I can remember Jenks ever getting beat like that. 

They always have talent and will improve, but Harber should have a great shot to win this one.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 28, 2017, 08:56:45 pm
I'm sure Jenks will get better throughout the season, but they got beat soundly by Owasso (Coach Blankenship) last week.  Not sure I can remember Jenks ever getting beat like that. 

They always have talent and will improve, but Harber should have a great shot to win this one.
Wow that is news. I'm debating on going to this game or Fayetteville/Dallas Bishop game. I watched Tulsa Union play Broken Arrow Saturday in a pretty good game on ESPN.

Rob Van Winkle

Jenks plays Bixby this Friday so that should another good game. Harber defense really shut down Bixby in the scrimmage and just gave up free yards with penalties on both scoring drives. That is something that could haunt them all year if they don't get things cleaned up.

It will be interesting to see how Jenks responds to the beat down that Owasso put on them last week. I am sure Coach Trimble will have them primed and ready to do. Bixby was very big and physical up front on D but only average in the secondary. Bixby likes to run the ball so they may have a chance to out physical Jenks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas