• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have my hands on it....

Started by AirWarren, June 24, 2017, 10:40:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: x14113 on June 26, 2017, 11:29:57 pm
Turns out, they're not even HP's highest-rated team from the 4.

Coaches and (most) fans seem to know better, though...

Perhaps that 1st round home playoff loss to SS Batesville is still fresh in some people's minds.

STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on June 25, 2017, 11:26:35 pm
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure there's another team in 4A that could beat Warren at least for the next two years.
I'm thinking the same thing... their skill position guys are all underclassman this year and will be the best in 4a the next two years.. all depends on the lineman

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 27, 2017, 08:15:56 am
Perhaps that 1st round home playoff loss to SS Batesville is still fresh in some people's minds.

Under the radar is the best spot to be.  Where u start matters not.  We will see how the 19 or so sophomore starters from last season have grown and matured.

dukes424

Quote from: STUNNA on June 27, 2017, 08:51:54 am
I'm thinking the same thing... their skill position guys are all underclassman this year and will be the best in 4a the next two years.. all depends on the lineman
The Ridge will give them a run for their money with one of the best Backs in the state and two dynamic receivers and a QB that throws darts . The move in from Bryant is a dandy....  Our question will be the D line Im hoping our upcoming guys will step up to the plate, they have the size so we will see in due time what they can do.

STUNNA

Quote from: dukes424 on June 27, 2017, 09:35:44 am
The Ridge will give them a run for their money with one of the best Backs in the state and two dynamic receivers and a QB that throws darts . The move in from Bryant is a dandy....  Our question will be the D line Im hoping our upcoming guys will step up to the plate, they have the size so we will see in due time what they can do.

How many o lineman did y'all lose from last year?

dukes424

We lost several on both sides. I think 3 or 4 on the O line and maybe 3 on the D line. These young guys have some size but not sure how mean they are yet... That first week with Hamburg and Booneville might give us a hint on how the linemen are  gonna compete this year.

AirItOut21

Quote from: STUNNA on June 27, 2017, 08:51:54 am

They will have the best lines Hembree has had at Warren this year. Multiple 3 year starters on both lines.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirItOut21 on June 27, 2017, 11:26:48 am
They will have the best lines Hembree has had at Warren this year. Multiple 3 year starters on both lines.

I know for this year.. I was more talking abt next years line

AirItOut21

Quote from: STUNNA on June 27, 2017, 12:22:45 pm
I know for this year.. I was more talking abt next years line

The sophomore class has 3 really good linemen in it. At least one of them will start on the offensive line and the other two will be the top backups and see time on the defensive line.

Sports Guru

The book is pretty nice, I just got it yesterday.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirItOut21 on June 27, 2017, 12:48:14 pm
The sophomore class has 3 really good linemen in it. At least one of them will start on the offensive line and the other two will be the top backups and see time on the defensive line.
Warren should be pretty tough the next two years barring injuries I sure hope we don't have injuries like we had last year.

Razorhummer

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 27, 2017, 08:15:56 am
As I said last season, teams in the 2-4A should not overlook SS because they are not the old SS everyone use to push around. Them days are over.

cuckoobird

Same team and outcome just closer score

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 25, 2017, 11:36:07 pm
Next year's Nashville squad will definitely give them a run for there money. This years team will be a junior/sophomore lead team. Both classes have 30 players each while the Sr. class only has 16. Can't wait to see what they have to offer this sesson.
So Nashville can only be considered a contender if they have over 20 seniors? Warren probably averages 10-12 seniors on any given year and we always consider ourselves contenders. Even if we aren't...

Neckred

First time in a few years I can recall thinking Nashville has no prayer to win a state title. 

~WPS~

Nobody has a chance to beat the almighty Lumberjacks. Just bow down to a statue of Bo and play for 2nd.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on June 29, 2017, 02:30:39 pm
So Nashville can only be considered a contender if they have over 20 seniors? Warren probably averages 10-12 seniors on any given year and we always consider ourselves contenders. Even if we aren't...
Nashville and Warren are two completely different systems. Nashville relies on Sr. leadership but if the Jr and Soph class step up this could be intersting. The only thing is that they have to step up on the O-line. Something Warren surely knows about because they can't not control the line of scrimmage when Nashville is at its best and vise versa. We'll see how things play out this season. I'm not worried about the skill positions. The secondary should actually be improved compared to last year. Its the O-line and D-Line I'm considered about. If they can't control the line of scrimmage, they won't be successful. Thats a pretty obvious fact for all teams but you guys have no idea how important that is for the machine that is Nashville. Imagine having to play them during the 2005 season. 90+ players on the roster and loaded with talent from 10th grad up. Only lost 2 games in 3 years  and won 3 state titles. Thats what I was saying about the next few years. Its going to be brutal for some teams out there.

cuckoobird

The machine title is already trademarked, please refer to the scrapers as something else.

Thanks,
                                    Administration

LJ06

Nashville has plenty of hope as long as they steer clear of 1-4A.

beach bum

Quote from: LJ06 on June 29, 2017, 07:05:51 pm

That certainly seems to be the thorn in their side...

nuttinbuthogs

Nashville does seem to struggle with the 1-4A.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Warren better stear clear of Nashville. Better be lucky you gave an Oline coach FROM Nashville. Maybe you'll actually beat them now...lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 29, 2017, 08:22:08 pm
Warren better stear clear of Nashville. Better be lucky you gave an Oline coach FROM Nashville. Maybe you'll actually beat them now...lol
Hope we get a chance to beat y'all this year

Tigerdad2

1-4a
Shiloh-2010
PG 2012
Lincoln 2013
PR 2016

prHOG13

Can't handle all that 4.4 speed

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 29, 2017, 08:34:43 pm
If they play up to par I'll accept that challenge but it's 50/50 as of now. We've always beaten you guys at your best.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 30, 2017, 05:11:48 pm
If they play up to par I'll accept that challenge but it's 50/50 as of now. We've always beaten you guys at your best.
Guess several Seniors must have signed up to play during the dead period because you didn't sound this confident a few post ago.

bleudog

July 01, 2017, 07:15:38 am #77 Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:31:06 am by bleudog
"I have my hands on it...."

AW, let it loose before you go blind.   8)

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on July 01, 2017, 07:15:38 am
"I have my hands on it...."

AW, let it loose before you go blind.

Never!

scrapman

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 29, 2017, 08:34:43 pm
Jack fans...always wanting a game that you have not won since...........
I guess you think it's your time.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Warren is due a win. We were begging for y'all last year but weren't lucky enough to play y'all. We did however ever play the team that came to Scrapperville and curb stomped you guys and we won. So that tells me that it would not have been much of a game so we're happy we didn't waste our time with you guys last year. And since y'all are senior anemic this year, we'll pass on this season also, we want you guys at strength.

~WPS~

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on July 01, 2017, 10:56:05 am
Warren is due a win. We were begging for y'all last year but weren't lucky enough to play y'all. We did however ever play the team that came to Scrapperville and curb stomped you guys and we won. So that tells me that it would not have been much of a game so we're happy we didn't waste our time with you guys last year. And since y'all are senior anemic this year, we'll pass on this season also, we want you guys at strength.

That's big talk for a team that is 0-5 against Nashville in the playoffs.

Tigerdad2

Has Warren ever lost to Pea Ridge, Lincoln and Prairie Grove in the playoffs...

LJ06

July 01, 2017, 01:30:17 pm #83 Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:51:15 pm by LJ06
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on July 01, 2017, 12:35:55 pm

No. Only 1-4A teams of recent have been Shiloh (2005, 2010*) and Gravette (2011)

*indicates state champs

~WPS~

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on July 01, 2017, 12:35:55 pm

How many state titles do those NWA teams have?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 01, 2017, 11:33:19 am
Not big talk, after the Nville/Robinson game, we knew we wouldn't see y'all in the playoffs. It's been said y'all need more seniors to be competitive so we won't see y'all this year apparently, so let's make plans for next year, ok?

~WPS~

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on July 01, 2017, 01:54:47 pm
Not big talk, after the Nville/Robinson game, we knew we wouldn't see y'all in the playoffs. It's been said y'all need more seniors to be competitive so we won't see y'all this year apparently, so let's make plans for next year, ok?
I'll take the AW approach and just agree that we aren't any good. Might not win a game. Don't worry about little ole Nashville, we're just lucky to field a team.

cuckoobird

You weren't very good last year either

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 01, 2017, 02:07:37 pm
I'll take the AW approach and just agree that we aren't any good. Might not win a game. Don't worry about little ole Nashville, we're just lucky to field a team.

My approach is Warren expects to be playing in December. No need to talk. It's the little people that care where hootens ranks them, feature articles in hootens, and talk about "well next year", and we live in the best part of the state blah blah.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 01, 2017, 11:33:19 am
we are due a win against the Scrappers could be this year and next

cuckoobird

I think the birds want a shot at them

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 01, 2017, 06:50:14 pm
I think the birds want a shot at them
The birds might get a shot at them this year

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Man I love people from Warren. Well see how the reason goes and we'll settle all this then. Anything interesting happening in Ol Warren, AR? Thinking about redoing those home bleachers this summer???

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on July 01, 2017, 10:56:33 pm
Man I love people from Warren. Well see how the reason goes and we'll settle all this then. Anything interesting happening in Ol Warren, AR? Thinking about redoing those home bleachers this summer???
I haven't heard anything they are doing to the bleachers.But as long as we can win another state it doesn't really matter

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 01, 2017, 11:21:05 pm
I haven't heard anything they are doing to the bleachers.But as long as we can win another state it doesn't really matter
Love the confidence

AirWarren

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on July 01, 2017, 10:56:33 pm

I hear we are adding two more entrance gates. I think we still have a long line of idiots from Arkadelphia still trying to get into to Jim Hurley jr stadium.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: AirWarren on July 02, 2017, 07:28:10 pm
I hear we are adding two more entrance gates. I think we still have a long line of idiots from Arkadelphia still trying to get into to Jim Hurley jr stadium.

Nobody claimed that they had the sharpest fans... as a whole anyway...

Neckred

The freaks are gone from Nashville.  They have a really good d2 type RB and possibly a D2 WR.  There are no Whitmores, Snells, Hopkins, Adcocks, Pettways(his brother isnt near as good) in the program.  Their lines will be awful this year. 

polksalet

Quote from: Neckred on July 05, 2017, 12:45:37 pm
The freaks are gone from Nashville.  They have a really good d2 type RB and possibly a D2 WR.  There are no Whitmores, Snells, Hopkins, Adcocks, Pettways(his brother isnt near as good) in the program.  Their lines will be awful this year.

They're there, they're just young.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 02, 2017, 07:28:10 pm
Idiots? You should be on Twitter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas