• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOOTENS 2017

Started by SOUTHARK99, June 17, 2017, 11:29:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SOUTHARK99

When does it hit stores? I've seen how we feel the top 10 should look. How do yall feel they will have the top 10?

AirWarren

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 17, 2017, 11:29:01 am
When does it hit stores? I've seen how we feel the top 10 should look. How do yall feel they will have the top 10?

Usually hits stores in Benton in the last week of June. Home office is located here. I will start frequenting the Big Red Fina's around here to see if they are on the shelves next weekend.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2017, 11:30:24 am
Usually hits stores in Benton in the last week of June. Home office is located here. I will start frequenting the Big Red Fina's around here to see if they are on the shelves next weekend.

Last few years it has hit stores about the first day of the annual coaching clinic

Lumberjackfan1978

Ready to see what they say this year

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 17, 2017, 11:29:01 am

Last year.. it was in El dorado Walmart by June 23.

HorseFeathers

It's been out as early as Father's day weekend....but haven't seen a date for this year yet...

AirWarren

I was in big red today. Did not see it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2017, 08:23:09 pm
I was in big red today. Did not see it.

Just seen it on Facebook, last week of June is what they're claiming...

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 17, 2017, 08:36:11 pm
Just seen it on Facebook, last week of June is what they're claiming...

That's what I figured. Just ran to Walmart and nothing out yet.

Paperman

Should be in stores June 26th.

BigLion10

You can no preorder hootens on their online store

bleudog

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 20, 2017, 08:15:13 am
You can no preorder hootens on their online store
I no preorder or buy later every year.

SOUTHARK99

Anyone know the top 10 yet?

SOUTHARK99

Still no one knows the top ten in Hootens? I checked the Wal-Mart in Eldorado this morning and it wasn't there yet.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 26, 2017, 05:30:35 pm
Still no one knows the top ten in Hootens? I checked the Wal-Mart in Eldorado this morning and it wasn't there yet.

Wait until tomorrow or Wednesday. That's about how long it takes for them to get there. Check northwest brookshires as well

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They came out in places today.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 26, 2017, 05:41:26 pm
They came out in places today.

Yeah. Rison has them today. They are working their way down here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 26, 2017, 05:48:31 pm
Yeah. Rison has them today. They are working their way down here.

Yea, rison go figure, they always have them overrated and let them have the books first. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😥🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

HG Hornet

One of my son's friends from Mt. Ida sent him a copy (via text) of the CHG page.  Good things to say about them Hornets.  My son is on the All 2A Team.  Proud of my boy, his CHG teammates, and his coaches. 

Backwoods Bart

June 26, 2017, 08:33:57 pm #20 Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:36:08 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 26, 2017, 07:55:48 pm
Yea, rison go figure, they always have them overrated and let them have the books first. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😥🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hooten's has Rison picked #2 behind CHG. How does that work? Bearden beats Rison handily retains most of their players, Rison move to the front! That's a head scratcher

My bad, we're playing in Rison this year!
Makes perfect sense!

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 26, 2017, 08:33:57 pm
Hooten's has Rison picked #2 behind CHG. How does that work? Bearden beats Rison handily retains most of their players, Rison move to the front! That's a head scratcher

Makes perfect sense!

Maybe it won't be as blatant as it was last year over there for us, but your Bears will definitely have their hands full at their place.

They're gonna be good, though.  Rison ain't no pushover, but I feel like we'll be extra motivated to even the score this year.......Rison at CHG will be a big game for us. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Makes perfect sense!
Hard to beat Rison at Rison is it

HorseFeathers

Makes perfect sense!

Um....I know it's explained every year....but Hootens doesn't predict conference's....that's the coaches

playmaker04

Has anyone seen the top 10 in 2A according to Hootens?

MR#1

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 26, 2017, 07:55:48 pm

10, maybe 11 Championship Game appearances, winning 8 of them and two against long winning streaks (Barton, 1990, and Shiloh, 2000). Yes, they're overrated.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 27, 2017, 10:15:48 am
Um....I know it's explained every year....but Hootens doesn't predict conference's....that's the coaches

This.

Yep, Rison is usually overrated.
Hope all the teams they play know that.

By the way, saw the magazine in Sheridan yesterday as well. Figure they got it first, or at least ahead of Rison.

Delta_Bravo

They have Hampton in 6th overall and 4th in conference behind 3 really good looking teams. The mighty 8 looks real good.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 27, 2017, 10:15:48 am

Stop with the nonsense HF......this is no place for fact. Opinions only here  8)

stuck in between

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on June 27, 2017, 01:02:52 pm
They have Hampton in 6th overall and 4th in conference behind 3 really good looking teams. The mighty 8 looks real good.

Don't get caught sleeping on the 7. After all they did win it last year and didn't loose many to graduation. IMO it's still Ida's to loose

HG Hornet

Quote from: stuck in between on June 27, 2017, 01:39:00 pm
Quote from: Delta_Bravo on June 27, 2017, 01:02:52 pm

Don't get caught sleeping on the 7. After all they did win it last year and didn't loose many to graduation. IMO it's still Ida's to loose
I don't think Delta was sleeping on the 7.  He was just talking about the 8 when he said Hampton was ranked behind 3 really good looking teams, which I am assuming are CHG, Bearden, and Rison........all ranked ahead of Hampton in the 8. 

Mt. Ida should be #1 until someone beats them.  Their style of play isn't pretty, but it is very effective.  They'll be tough to beat.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: CHG Hornet on June 27, 2017, 01:49:15 pm
I don't think Delta was sleeping on the 7.  He was just talking about the 8 when he said Hampton was ranked behind 3 really good looking teams, which I am assuming are CHG, Bearden, and Rison........all ranked ahead of Hampton in the 8. 

Mt. Ida should be #1 until someone beats them.  Their style of play isn't pretty, but it is very effective.  They'll be tough to beat.
This is off topic but who has the largest stadium is 2A? I need the info for another post....

Delta_Bravo

Yeah I was talking about the conference standings. You want catch me disrespecting the 7. That was the hermdogs fans. I feel the Hampton fans will be a lil more chill this year.

PurpleGold1

Quote from: MR#1 on June 27, 2017, 10:57:38 am
10, maybe 11 Championship Game appearances, winning 8 of them and two against long winning streaks (Barton, 1990, and Shiloh, 2000). Yes, they're overrated.
Maybe if every other team has had as many good seasons, State Championship and Playoff appearances as rison did, everybody would love them as well. From all I've ever been told &&' read, they do the same to Junction, because of all the good seasons they've had.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: PurpleGold1 on June 27, 2017, 02:36:12 pm
Maybe if every other team has had as many good seasons, State Championship and Playoff appearances as rison did, everybody would love them as well. From all I've ever been told &&' read, they do the same to Junction, because of all the good seasons they've had.

-1   just wanted to get you started in the right direction! Lol     Go Bears

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MR#1 on June 27, 2017, 10:57:38 am

What's that got to do with 2018 ?

Delta_Bravo

HF You should come down to Magnolia on Aug. 29th.

stuck in between

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 27, 2017, 02:00:59 pm
This is off topic but who has the largest stadium is 2A? I need the info for another post....

I don't know how one even begin to answer this question especially in 2-A considering the condition of most teams visitor side bleachers. Odds are on most Friday nights you will find more fans either sitting or standing on the sidelines and end zones than sitting in the bleachers. I have not ventured to the North part of the state that often. Unless I'm mistaken Mineral Springs is the only 2-A school that has turf, but their visitor side bleachers are quite small. 

Delta_Bravo

JC will be 2a next year along with Fordyce both seat more than most other 2a schools down south.

stuck in between

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on June 27, 2017, 03:30:57 pm
JC will be 2a next year along with Fordyce both seat more than most other 2a schools down south.

Yes, I had thought about both of them, but like you said that is next year. Gurdon's "stadium" is pretty decent as well (another school that titters back and forth from 2-A to 3-A) What about PB Dollarway? how big is theirs? Aren't they moving down next year as well? From 4-A.

AirWarren

Dollarway's stadium is horrible. The field is horrible. The location is horrible.

Fordyce has always had a nice facility. Only negative is the trailer park and smell of dog crap behind the visitor bleachers and the train track that runs beside it.

Cheek

Quote from: AirWarren on June 27, 2017, 04:04:21 pm
Dollarway's stadium is horrible. The field is horrible. The location is horrible.

Fordyce has always had a nice facility. Only negative is the trailer park and smell of dog crap behind the visitor bleachers and the train track that runs beside it.

Fordyce facilities are terrible.  I do not know why they do not move it close to the High School where it belongs.  They already have a track and fence,  and only need bleaches and lights.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 27, 2017, 03:02:20 pm
What's that got to do with 2018 ?

Quoterison go figure, they always have them overrated

I believe he was replying to the 'always overrated' statement previously made.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Cheek on June 27, 2017, 04:15:53 pm
Fordyce facilities are terrible.  I do not know why they do not move it close to the High School where it belongs.  They already have a track and fence,  and only need bleaches and lights.

Have you been to Lafayette county field? Lol. It's no where near the school either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on June 27, 2017, 03:05:07 pm
Quote from: Delta_Bravo on June 27, 2017, 03:05:07 pm

Eh.....3+ hours on a Tuesday? You crazy?
Quote from: WonderWartHawg on June 27, 2017, 04:21:36 pm
I believe he was replying to the 'always overrated' statement previously made.

My bad

RiverEagle079

I know des arc is a pretty good size for a 2A stadium.  I haven't been to many 2A schools outside of the six though.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 27, 2017, 06:38:13 pm
Eh.....3+ hours on a Tuesday? You crazy?

It will be worth it. 🤓

bleudog

SOUTHARK99

1 Mt Ida
2 Rison
3 CHG
4 Danville
5 Bearden
6 Hampton
7 Des Arc
8 McCrory
9 Conway Christian