• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Woodlawn

Started by BannerMountainMan, May 08, 2017, 09:18:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

How good are they actually? I know they won the 2a championship last year and they moved down to 1a this year, and I seen on baseball America where they were ranked #9 in the Country

The Green Arrow

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that Woodlawn is not the 9th best team in the country. Be lucky to be 9th best in Arkansas.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 08, 2017, 09:32:01 am
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that Woodlawn is not the 9th best team in the country. Be lucky to be 9th best in Arkansas.
got any actual info or are you jealous because they run ruled your team?

OB11

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 08, 2017, 09:32:01 am

You may be right, but Baseball America typically does its homework. They are not MaxPreps when it comes to rankings. Again, they may be totally off on this, but I put a lot more trust in Baseball America than I do other entities.

The Green Arrow

No info at all nor have I played them. I do know they have a great baseball program and understand their success, but beating teams from schools that graduate 40 people just makes me pump the brakes a little bit. Being #9 in the country would make them the best team in the state and I have a hard time believing that they're better than Bryant, Jonesboro, Greenwood, Greenbrier, Cabot, Sheridan, Ashdown, NLR. Just to name a few. 

OB11

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 08, 2017, 11:05:18 am
No info at all nor have I played them. I do know they have a great baseball program and understand their success, but beating teams from schools that graduate 40 people just makes me pump the brakes a little bit. Being #9 in the country would make them the best team in the state and I have a hard time believing that they're better than Bryant, Jonesboro, Greenwood, Greenbrier, Cabot, Sheridan, Ashdown, NLR. Just to name a few.

I agree with you there.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 08, 2017, 11:05:18 am
have you even happened to look at who they have played?

Nomad1324

Maybe it was a small school ranking?

The Green Arrow

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on May 08, 2017, 12:04:37 pm
have you even happened to look at who they have played?

I have looked and they have some quality wins with the likes of Horatio, Genoa Central, and Pine Bluff. They've played a schedule and done with it what they should have, which is all they can do and I understand that. All I'm saying is I disagree with the ranking. I believe there are better teams in our state than Woodlawn.

BossHogs

I'm From Woodlawn and no I don't think they are the 9th best team in America and I don't believe they are the best team in Arkansas but this is the best team Woodlawn has ever had and they could beat anyone in the state if they play well. And we Woodlawn fans are stubborn as well. If we lost to Bryant or any of the big schools in the state we would consider it an upset in our minds. I Would say they are top 5 in the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas