• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Classification Numbers

Started by Nomad1324, April 25, 2017, 08:40:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad1324

It seems that May 1, the AAA will come out with the new Classification numbers for 2018-2020. What are your expectations (are you staying put, who might move in, who might move out)?

sevenof400

It's going to get interesting at all classification levels most likely, but I'll be interested to see if Morrilton returns to 4A (from 5A) as has been thought.  Also, what 4A schools might return to 5A - Huntsville?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 25, 2017, 08:45:18 am
It's going to get interesting at all classification levels most likely, but I'll be interested to see if Morrilton returns to 4A (from 5A) as has been thought.  Also, what 4A schools might return to 5A - Huntsville?

If so, that would put Ozark back in the 1-4A and Morrilton in the 4-4A I assume.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Probably will see Harrisburg and Cave City drop to 3A and Brookland rise to 5A. Filling their spots would be difficult, but if I had to guess, I'd say Osceola and Rivercrest, the other I really don't know

bigchief72455

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on April 25, 2017, 09:34:26 am
Probably will see Harrisburg and Cave City drop to 3A and Brookland rise to 5A. Filling their spots would be difficult, but if I had to guess, I'd say Osceola and Rivercrest, the other I really don't know
Blytheville is on the bubble to drop as well.

bigchief72455

My prediction is
3-4A
Cave City
Trumann
Westside
Pocahontas
Rivercrest
Blytheville
Highland
Gosnell

The addition of these two teams will make this conference far more competitive.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 25, 2017, 09:50:30 am
My prediction is
3-4A
Cave City
Trumann
Westside
Pocahontas
Rivercrest
Blytheville
Highland
Gosnell

The addition of these two teams will make this conference far more competitive.

Looking at the numbers, I'm thinking Blytheville will barely stay in 5A this time through.  Would be the smallest 5A school.

OB11

I agree that I think Blytheville will stay in 5A. Brookland is interesting though. I didn't think they would move up for at least another cycle or two, but there was an article in The Jonesboro Sun yesterday that said Brookland is the fastest growing district in the state. So who knows?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The only thing keeping Cave City in the 4A is that it and Highland are the only two schools in Sharp county, and on completely different sides of it. And CC is a lot more isolated, which allows more kids from different areas to go there for sports. Hillcrest, in Strawberry, only has baseball, softball, and I think used to have basketball. But some kids from there probably go to CC for football.

bigchief72455

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on April 25, 2017, 10:49:12 am
Looking at the numbers, I'm thinking Blytheville will barely stay in 5A this time through.  Would be the smallest 5A school.
I believe Blytheville will move in the the 2020 cycle not the next. Brookland is growing at a rate of 100 students a year so who knows.

x14113

From the top:
Mills drops in
Huntsville jumps up
Morrilton, De Queen, and Blytheville remains in 5A...barely...

From the bottom:
Bald Knob, Elkins, Rivercrest, and Green Forest jump in
Booneville, Harrisburg, Dollarway, and West Fork drop down
Lincoln, Cave City remain in 4A
Haskell, Smackover, and Clinton remain in 3A
Keep an eye on CAC, BP

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: x14113 on April 25, 2017, 02:02:15 pm
From the top:
Mills drops in
Huntsville jumps up
Morrilton, De Queen, and Blytheville remains in 5A...barely...

From the bottom:
Bald Knob, Elkins, Rivercrest, and Green Forest jump in
Booneville, Harrisburg, Dollarway, and West Fork drop down
Lincoln, Cave City remain in 4A
Haskell, Smackover, and Clinton remain in 3A
Keep an eye on CAC, BP

I would like to see Mills back in a conference with Stuttgart, moving SS Batesville to 3-4A.

Sports Guru

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 25, 2017, 03:21:46 pm
I would like to see Mills back in a conference with Stuttgart, moving SS Batesville to 3-4A.
I think Mills is headed to 8-4 when Dollarway falls to 3A is what I heard

Da Truff

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on April 25, 2017, 04:46:13 pm
I think Mills is headed to 8-4 when Dollarway falls to 3A is what I heard

I don't see a LR school going to the 8-4A, I bet Stuttgart goes to the 8 if D-way drops down.

ABC™

I never saw a LR team joining the 7-4A, where Nashville was once the northernmost team. But things happen. The AAA happens...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Da Truff on April 26, 2017, 11:04:01 am
I don't see a LR school going to the 8-4A, I bet Stuttgart goes to the 8 if D-way drops down.

That's also a possibility but I hope not, it would mean much longer road trips for me.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 26, 2017, 12:44:48 pm
That's also a possibility but I hope not, it would mean much longer road trips for me.
Tell me about it, not trying to go back to our 5A SE days when we were going to LR 3 times a year and HWH...that wasn't even remotely "conference distance"

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 26, 2017, 12:44:48 pm

You know you want the Jacks!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on April 28, 2017, 01:49:32 pm
You know you want the Jacks!!!

We play them most years now anyway it seems.

SamWinters

Any word on when these will finally come out?

prHOG13

Quote from: SamWinters on May 02, 2017, 01:42:13 pm
Any word on when these will finally come out?
I believe these are usually determined at the AAA summer workshop in June. Last one was released on June 11th

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 02, 2017, 02:01:35 pm
I believe these are usually determined at the AAA summer workshop in June. Last one was released on June 11th

Last time they were released 4/27/15 at 10:47:01 AM. Ha.... Its printed on the numbers.  I believe tomorrow is the earliest they will release as there is a session going on in LR.

prHOG13

SUGARTOWN

May 02, 2017, 04:00:47 pm #23 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:04:05 pm by SUGARTOWN
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT.pdf

Mills, Haskell Harmony Grove, Green Forest, Rivercrest, Bald Knob to 4A, Dollarway, Harrisburg, West Fork and Booneville down to 3A, Huntsville to 5A.

Rivercrest should replace Harrisburg in 3-4A, no problem. Will Bald Knob replace Stuttgart in the 2-4A and the Ricebirds to the 8-4A? Makes sense to me.

Green Forest to the 1-4A, Robinson and Mena to the 4-4A and Mills, Harmony Grove to the 7-4A?

prHOG13

I would think Elkins would join the 4A-1 before Green Forest, but who knows.

SUGARTOWN

May 02, 2017, 04:58:44 pm #25 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:25:45 pm by SUGARTOWN
see below

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 02, 2017, 04:37:32 pm

Yeah, I missed them. Who did I miss moving out of 4A, because including Elkins makes it uneven.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 02, 2017, 04:59:13 pm
Yeah, I missed them. Who did I miss moving out of 4A, because including Elkins makes it uneven.
Baptist Prep to 3A?

Romeo

I think Mills or Stuttgart will be moved to 8-4A. Haskell Harmony Grove is a bit further distance than the rest of the 8-4A. Harmony Grove makes more sense being in the 7-4A.

AirWarren

Haskell is experiencing the "bauxite syndrome". 2a to 4a overnight it seems.

SUGARTOWN

May 02, 2017, 05:50:43 pm #30 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:03:10 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Romeo on May 02, 2017, 05:43:17 pm
I think Mills or Stuttgart will be moved to 8-4A. Haskell Harmony Grove is a bit further distance than the rest of the 8-4A. Harmony Grove makes more sense being in the 7-4A.

You're right, I had my 7 and 8 backwards. Haskell is closer to the 7-4A than Mills, only 18 miles from Malvern. I'm pretty sure Stuttgart will be moved to the 8-4A.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 02, 2017, 05:42:16 pm
Baptist Prep to 3A?

When I saw that I actually could see them being a very solid 3A football school. Not saying like state title or anything but in that #10-20 range..... 2nd round or a quarterfinal appearance would not shock me. They just didn't have the man power for 4A but will do well I imagine in 3A.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 02, 2017, 04:37:32 pm

Welcome to beat down city for Elkins if they join the 1-4A.... If they had a really good group they could manage in the 4-4A.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on May 02, 2017, 05:54:47 pm
Welcome to beat down city for Elkins if they join the 1-4A.... If they had a really good group they could manage in the 4-4A.
they only lost by 13 to Shiloh last year 35-22. No idea what they have returning, but they were 9-3 and pretty solid last season. They've also got some really good youth teams in the 4th-6th grades that our youth programs struggled with. Of course thats all contingent on development and a bunch of other factors, but they could be a decent 4A team in the next few years. I think they could fight for that 4th-5th playoff spot though.

Romeo

4-A conference realignment prediction:
1-4A
Berryville
Prairie Grove
Gravette
Pea Ridge
Gentry
Elkins
Green Forest
Shiloh Christian

2-4A
Lonoke
Heber Springs
Southside Batesville   
Highland
Bald Knob
Riverview
CAC
Robinson

3-4A
Brookland
Pocahontas
Jonesboro Westside
Trumann
West Helena
Gosnell
Cave City
Rivercrest

4-4A
Dardanelle
Ozark
Mena
Pottsville
Dover
Waldron
Subiaco Academy
Lincoln

7-4A
Mills
Malvern
Nashville
Arkadelphia
Bauxite
Fountain Lake
Ashdown
Haskell Harmony Grove

8-4A
Monticello
Hamburg
Crossett
Stuttgart
Star City
Warren
Dumas
DeWitt

prHOG13

I would much rather have Lincoln than Green Forest. They're going to take an absolute beating in all sports in the 4A-1.

And I hate that drive

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 02, 2017, 06:13:58 pm
I would much rather have Lincoln than Green Forest. They're going to take an absolute beating in all sports in the 4A-1.

And I hate that drive

No other good place to put GF though is here?

beach bum

Lincoln and PG will not go 4-4A... They wouldn't split those schools as well as the won't split up Berryville and Green Forest. That leaves 5 schools to plug 4 spots. They are going to give Elkins the short end of the stick being they are the furthest south out of those remaining 5 schools. Geographically, they make sense in the 1-4A but someone is the odd man out. The 4-4A will be more kind to them though.

Mr. Mercer

I was under the impression it went off distant from the interstate. Wouldn't that put PG closer to the 4?

beach bum

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on May 02, 2017, 07:14:49 pm
I was under the impression it went off distant from the interstate. Wouldn't that put PG closer to the 4?

Funny you say that cause I just said that to a buddy. Elkins makes sense but Prairie Grove is technically by a small margin closer to I 49 than Elkins by the tiniest of margins. If that happens Prairie Grove will dominate the 4-4A.... If that happened that would really be interesting and create a buzz.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 02, 2017, 06:41:02 pm
No other good place to put GF though is here?
It's further East than Berryville and Lincoln. Send them to the 4-4 imo. Would make more sense to me than moving Lincoln.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on May 02, 2017, 06:53:04 pm
Lincoln and PG will not go 4-4A... They wouldn't split those schools as well as the won't split up Berryville and Green Forest. That leaves 5 schools to plug 4 spots. They are going to give Elkins the short end of the stick being they are the furthest south out of those remaining 5 schools. Geographically, they make sense in the 1-4A but someone is the odd man out. The 4-4A will be more kind to them though.

You mean they actually use geography in 4a?

x14113

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on May 02, 2017, 07:14:49 pm

Elkins is along (or at least can easily reach) the Pig Trail, which gives them a quicker direct route to Ozark and all points beyond. I-49 will only be used to go to Mena, assuming they'll also shift in.

Then again, if AR-23 is washed out...

x14113

Speaking of conferencing...It felt easier than it probably should have to group everyone for next cycle.

Here's what I came up with:

Berryville
Gentry
Gravette
Green Forest
Lincoln
Pea Ridge
Prairie Grove
Shiloh

Bald Knob
CAC
eStem
Heber
HWH Central
Lonoke
Mills
Riverview
Southside

Brookland
Cave City
Gosnell
Highland
Pocahontas
Rivercrest
Trumann
Westside

Dardanelle
Dover
Elkins
Mena
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco
Waldron

Arkadelphia
Ashdown
Bauxite
Fountain Lake
Haskell
Malvern
Nashville
Robinson

Crossett
DeWitt
Dumas
Hamburg
Monticello
Star City
Stuttgart
Warren

Mr. Mercer

Doesn't matter if they use interstate. Elkins is further than PG. Pig Trail doesn't factor in that case

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on May 03, 2017, 08:25:21 am
Doesn't matter if they use interstate. Elkins is further than PG. Pig Trail doesn't factor in that case

PG may be closer to the 4-4A but I'd be shocked if they move them. I expect Elkins to be in the 4-4A.

Mr. Mercer

I agree. I think they give PG the benefit of being in the conference for so long.

GuvHog

Quote from: x14113 on May 03, 2017, 01:36:54 am
Speaking of conferencing...It felt easier than it probably should have to group everyone for next cycle.

Here's what I came up with:

Berryville
Gentry
Gravette
Green Forest
Lincoln
Pea Ridge
Prairie Grove
Shiloh

Bald Knob
CAC
eStem
Heber
HWH Central
Lonoke
Mills
Riverview
Southside

Brookland
Cave City
Gosnell
Highland
Pocahontas
Rivercrest
Trumann
Westside

Dardanelle
Dover
Elkins
Mena
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco
Waldron

Arkadelphia
Ashdown
Bauxite
Fountain Lake
Haskell
Malvern
Nashville
Robinson

Crossett
DeWitt
Dumas
Hamburg
Monticello
Star City
Stuttgart
Warren

To me, it makes more sense to put HWH in 4A-8 and move Star City to 4A-2.

Da Truff

That only makes sense if your from Star City and you can't handle being in the 8-4A.

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on May 03, 2017, 10:20:29 am
To me, it makes more sense to put HWH in 4A-8 and move Star City to 4A-2.

???

Why the heck would Star City want that when right now their longest road game is barely over an hour drive!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas