• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs Marked Tree Round 1

Started by bigworm, February 26, 2017, 09:49:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

More that likely England got out coached in this one, She is  excellent with the X's and O's, great win.

mtindian42

March 02, 2017, 05:45:54 am #51 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:47:51 am by mtindian42
She is a real good coach...however I do not think she is the reason MT won this game.

Talent is the reason and you add to the fact MT plays the best 2A competition year end and year out. The NEA toughness won MT this game! You play the best all the time you yourself is going to get better...

Pit Bull

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 02, 2017, 05:45:54 am
She is a real good coach...however I do not think she is the reason MT won this game.

Talent is the reason and you add to the fact MT plays the best 2A competition year end and year out. The NEA toughness won MT this game! You play the best all the time you yourself is going to get better...

Talent is a given! So you're saying take her out of the equation and they still win? Sorry but can't agree with you on that one MT.

Pit Bull

Earle has plenty talent yearly, remove Murray and we are just that talented with no Ships! One of our most talented teams didn't go far at all because of leadership. We had 6'7 post, all types of guards and shooters but no chemistry so we flopped. MT give coach her credit for a big win cause you know better...

bdubyab60

Wilburn is one of the better coaches around.

BigLion10

Congrats on MT on the victory last night I knew it was gonna be a challenege. Didn't make it last night had to work so I can't comment on it too much. Congrats England on a great season and for the seniors a great career. Enjoyed watching you this year

birddawg1986

Good win for the Indians... This team eliminated MT in 2015 in the state tournament in Panburn. I didn't know how we would handle Thompson because he is very athletic. Playing in NEA always prepares you for the state tournament. Good luck to Earle/EPC today.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Marked Tree won because they scored the most points, not because they played in nea, it's not like England played C.M.'S. schedule. England played a pretty tough schedule, and a real tough regional,  Jacksonville lighthouse, clarendon, WCC and a few more.

Pit Bull

I can agree with that, MT definitely outscored the Lions but I say that they were also out coached because there's no way a player like BJ should exit the tournament in the first round unless there is some strategy on the floor...

Mr. Trill

Earle, EPC, MT, and Clarendon Final 4

Nomad1324

Donnie Jamon

Pitt, if you saw how England ran plays you would know why they lost. If you switch the coaches England wins that game DD's.  So yeah I'm agreeing with you for once.  No way with a Bj talent they should be losing a rd one game.

bigworm

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 02, 2017, 09:36:52 am
I can agree with that, MT definitely outscored the Lions but I say that they were also out coached because there's no way a player like BJ should exit the tournament in the first round unless there is some strategy on the floor...

Agree 100 percent, Pitt. This is happening fairly often lately it seems. Underachieved for sure.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I didn't see the game, so I can't comment on the coaching, my point was about both teams tough schedules.

Ctucker

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 02, 2017, 10:11:36 am
Earle, EPC, MT, and Clarendon Final 4
Didnt clarendon finish forth in there conference behind Lighrhouse, England and Marvell.

mtindian42

Playing in NEA gets theses kids ready for whatever. I wasn't taking a shot at anyone. England plays tough competition as well...I still stand by the best high school basketball played in Arkansas is played in NEA. (Jmo)

Ctucker

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 02, 2017, 11:44:32 am
Playing in NEA gets theses kids ready for whatever. I wasn't taking a shot at anyone. England plays tough competition as well...I still stand by the best high school basketball played in Arkansas is played in NEA. (Jmo)
i agree with that look at riverside couldn't make regional out of 2a3 but are in second round of state in 3a.

Basketballfan21

This is so true

bigworm

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 02, 2017, 11:44:32 am

Also agree. You see some really athletic teams that arent fundamental. Then you see fundamental teams that arent athletic. NEA plays real basketball with athletic kids. NEA is king of basketball. Potential is there in other regions. They just have to catch up on the little things.

Donnie Jamon

Also take note that some of these teams in NEA don't play football. So it is tougher at times to get it going for some of these football teams like MT and Epc. When your Bay, Riversides and Bics have been practicing all year or shooting it all year. You better be ready that is for sure.

Lions84

mtindian42

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 02, 2017, 06:42:24 am
Earle has plenty talent yearly, remove Murray and we are just that talented with no Ships! One of our most talented teams didn't go far at all because of leadership. We had 6'7 post, all types of guards and shooters but no chemistry so we flopped. MT give coach her credit for a big win cause you know better...
your basketball knowledge and I know you have good bball IQ from reading your post. Should tell you talent is what wins... Yes coaches have to put the kid in the best position to be successful... But at the end of the day with out talent the coach is nothing!

MomaLion

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on March 02, 2017, 11:44:23 am
Didnt clarendon finish forth in there conference behind Lighrhouse, England and Marvell.
England is the only team that beat us both times. We split with the others. We were the 1 seed from the west going into district.

bear for life

Lol south Arkansas gets no love your final four predictions gone be busted

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 02, 2017, 02:51:31 pm
your basketball knowledge and I know you have good bball IQ from reading your post. Should tell you talent is what wins... Yes coaches have to put the kid in the best position to be successful... But at the end of the day with out talent the coach is nothing!
You have to have a balance. EPC back when the older Monk was here was as talented a squad that's ever come through the state. Came up short each year until they got a coach that got them to defend properly. Some coaches let talent carry them but that only gets you so far.

Wilburn I think gets the most out what she has. One of few that still teaches the fundamentals of the game and you can see those kids improving year over year. That's why she has been there so long imo.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 02, 2017, 04:03:23 pm
You have to have a balance. EPC back when the older Monk was here was as talented a squad that's ever come through the state. Came up short each year until they got a coach that got them to defend properly. Some coaches let talent carry them but that only gets you so far.

Wilburn I think gets the most out what she has. One of few that still teaches the fundamentals of the game and you can see those kids improving year over year. That's why she has been there so long imo.
i can agree with this. It takes both working Togeather. Talent will always make the coach tho.

bigworm

Yes. Coaches can only do so much. Good Players make coaches look good. Coaches make mistakes. Players make mistakes. Most fans only notice the coaches mistakes. But noone expects them to make any. There are no perfect coaches. Not even king cal.

ISU7

Quote from: Cheek on February 27, 2017, 11:04:31 am
Regardless who wins,  Bearden will be a bump in the road to the Semi-finals.
Northeast Arkansas roads are full of bumps. Marked Tree drove 82 miles per hr right over that bump in the road. ;D 8). Good job MT.

Dogg

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas