• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden vs Cutter Morning Star Finals of South Region

Started by just1fan, February 25, 2017, 12:04:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

just1fan

Bearden comes in with a 22-3 record and CMS with a 28-0 record. 2 solid teams go head to head in the South finals tomorrow at 7:30 in Magnet Cove. Thoughts?

bigworm

Just dont see how you could pick against the unbeaten team. I figure CMS will win by 10 or so. Basically a home game for them. But hey, thats why ya play em.

ISU7

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bigworm on February 25, 2017, 12:31:17 am
Just dont see how you could pick against the unbeaten team. I figure CMS will win by 10 or so. Basically a home game for them. But hey, thats why ya play em.

CMS does not have Tyler Berry! That's how you do it. Has been flying under the radar for the last 2 year's in football & BB, but no matter how the BB finishes and they may very well fall short, but Berry will lead one of the best Bearden football teams in recent memory in '17. I said it last year, 17' will be the "year of the Bears" ! 

bear for life

I got those bears yes we lost 3 games but guess what they where all 5a and 4a schools and only lost by an couple points these kids starting to believe yes cms is good but hey promise you Bearden will push them to the top

bearbacker52

Quote from: bear for life on February 25, 2017, 05:44:53 am
I got those bears yes we lost 3 games but guess what they where all 5a and 4a schools and only lost by an couple points these kids starting to believe yes cms is good but hey promise you Bearden will push them to the top

look who they lost too, nashville for one, all upper class really good teams..Look for bears to pull the upset.

gatecrasher

CMS played sloppy last night and still won by 17...their injured post player played maybe 3 minutes.

Not gonna win tonight if they're sloppy.
That said, the Eagles will clean it up and take the top seed and first round bye into the state tournament.

CMS by 5.

bhartgen

beastmode00

beastmode00

BasketballFan2A

beastmode00

beastmode00

beastmode00

BasketballFan2A

beastmode00

BasketballFan2A

bearbacker52

bhartgen

Rocking those Bearden Bears!!!  Good job Coaches. Good Job fellows.  Keep it up!!!

bigworm

gatecrasher

Too many turnovers, and key missed FTs late in regulation doomed the Eagles. Been calling it for a few days now (that those errors may wind up costing them vs a good team).

Now, however, the pressure of finishing unbeaten is off. Time to refocus on the task at hand, which is a run to the championship game.
Could see these two teams a week from tonight in the state semifinals.

Cheek

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 25, 2017, 10:26:40 pm
Too many turnovers, and key missed FTs late in regulation doomed the Eagles. Been calling it for a few days now (that those errors may wind up costing them vs a good team).

Now, however, the pressure of finishing unbeaten is off. Time to refocus on the task at hand, which is a run to the championship game.
Could see these two teams a week from tonight in the state semifinals.

I don't see that happening.  Both teams will struggle with the first games.  Bearden will have MT or England.  CMS have all they want with WCC.

Bigditchlion

Cms vs wcc will be a top 5 matchup in the first round! That's a big first round game.

just1fan

Quote from: Cheek on February 26, 2017, 12:14:49 am
I don't see that happening.  Both teams will struggle with the first games.  Bearden will have MT or England.  CMS have all they want with WCC.

Don't count out the first round teams in the bottom half of the bracket. From what I know of England & Cutter, either could make a run to the end. England only lost by 4 to Lighthouse and Cutter lost by 2 in OT to Bearden. WCC and MT both have salty reps, too. I don't think there's an obvious pick in the bunch. I do feel like England & Cutter both have something to prove. I freakin' love this time of year! Let the games begin.

hogtastics

Quote from: just1fan on February 27, 2017, 11:05:35 pm
Do not count out the first round teams in the bottom half of the bracket. From what I know of England & Cutter, either could make a run to the end. England only lost by 4 to Lighthouse and Cutter lost by 2 in OT to Bearden. WCC and MT both have salty reps, too. I don't think there's an obvious pick in the bunch. I do feel like England & Cutter both have something to prove. I freakin' love this time of year! Let the games begin.

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas