• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar vs. Charleston

Started by xadboy, February 24, 2017, 11:47:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

Hitman Warrior23

My thoughts are I love the Warriors,  however we better play better tomorrow to even be with in double digits.    I have faith but gotta move better on D AND USE OUR INSIDE ON O. I feel we got a good chance.   CTOWN boys have been playing great fit last 2 weeks.

fbisgreat

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 25, 2017, 12:04:12 am
My thoughts are I love the Warriors,  however we better play better tomorrow to even be with in double digits.    I have faith but gotta move better on D AND USE OUR INSIDE ON O. I feel we got a good chance.   CTOWN boys have been playing great fit last 2 weeks.
I will agree with you on CHS playing better the last 3 weeks they have won 11 games in a row.

smallybells

Is this game still scheduled for 7 like the other thread said a few days ago?

Warriors023

Yes, girls at 5:30 I believe and boys are at 7:00

TheTruth2010

I heard 6:00 and 7:30, so which is It?

BigMan15

teachers pet

xadboy

Lamar pulls away in 4th, 10+ victory.

nastynice

Chuck by 13. They're gonna be hard to beat at home, in that environment tonight. The Dynasty and chucktown will be very accommodating I'm sure.

BigMan15

TheTruth2010

We won't win here. Be sure of it.

xadboy

Warriors023

Very close game here. 33-36 chuck with 6:20 left in 3rd

TheTruth2010

Fenner needs to hush It and play ball.

Truthfully

I am shocked that Charleston lost at home. Lamar MUST be very good. State tournament will be last chance for some scouts to see Fenner in action and hope he does well. Good 3 point shooter for someone to give a scholarship to.. Glad Paris got 3rd seed from our Region and hopefully makes some noise in State.  ;)

Warriors023

Lamar got in Fenner's head early in this game. Overall great game by both teams, Lamar just has more depth off the bench and played better 2nd half defense. Good luck to all the teams in state. Go Warriors!

TheTruth2010

After seeing that, I will never support Charleston in anything. Hope they let sr first round. Trash.

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 25, 2017, 09:34:03 pm
After seeing that, I will never support Charleston in anything. Hope they let sr first round. Trash.

How would feel if you were in their position?

That's just rude rooting for the failure of 15-18 year old kids.

The way the Lamar crowd was booing wasn't to "sportsmanlike" either.

FBGFDRUM

What's the general opinion on the officiating tonight?

From an unbiased standpoint, it's some of the worst I've seen in a while.

Warriors023

It was bad both ways. But, the officials did have to take control or it could have gotten ugly with everything that was being said on the court.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on February 25, 2017, 09:37:41 pm

How would feel if you were in their position?

That's just rude rooting for the failure of 15-18 year old kids.

The way the Lamar crowd was booing wasn't to "sportsmanlike" either.
They deserved every bit of the booing. Oh so now I guess it was the officials? Hahaha just face it Lamar was the better team. All Charleston is good at is talking trash. No class. None.

TheTruth2010

Oh and I guess number 12 thinks he's Lebron James and every one acts like they never seen a dunk before, oh and y'all were still Down 10.

xadboy

Thought the refs should have stepped in sooner and put a stop to the trash talking. But other than that I thought the officiating was pretty consistent. Good game, both teams should do well at state. Who knows, maybe we can meet in the finals. Good luck to Charleston.

fbisgreat

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 25, 2017, 10:35:37 pm
Oh and I guess number 12 thinks he's Lebron James and every one acts like they never seen a dunk before, oh and y'all were still Down 10.
Lamar was the better team tonight but no.2 clapped in Fenner;s face 2 times aftar he made a 3.Should have been t up They called one on Fenner for trash talking.Not one team got together all year to pray aftar a game until tonight CHS didn't get at half court to hold your hands with all the trash talking you can't even pray before a football game any more.

xadboy

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 25, 2017, 11:06:03 pm
Lamar was the better team tonight but no.2 clapped in Fenner;s face 2 times aftar he made a 3.Should have been t up They called one on Fenner for trash talking.Not one team got together all year to pray aftar a game until tonight CHS didn't get at half court to hold your hands with all the trash talking you can't even pray before a football game any more.
Fenner didn't get a T for trash talking, he shoved a Lamar player right in front of referee and got the T. BOTH teams were trash talking. As far as your statement about praying, I'm going to say a prayer for you to help give you the strength to cope with losing. Amen

fbisgreat

I hope you do i go to church every sunday and i pray.They stood at the free throw line abd i seen some of the players with there heads down,

xadboy

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 25, 2017, 11:22:04 pm
I hope you do i go to church every sunday and i pray.They stood at the free throw line abd i seen some of the players with there heads down,
Hope there were some with heads down. They were the first team all year that didn't join at half court for this. Very emotional game and I understand that, but would have showed great sportsmanship and respect if they had joined. Wish them best of luck at state.

fbisgreat

Quote from: xadboy on February 25, 2017, 11:32:02 pm
Hope there were some with heads down. They were the first team all year that didn't join at half court for this. Very emotional game and I understand that, but would have showed great sportsmanship and respect if they had joined. Wish them best of luck at state.
[/quoteThis is my last post on this game but i agree it would have been nice.All i was saying is i have not seen it all year good luck to Lamar.

BAMA#16

Quote from: xadboy on February 25, 2017, 11:15:13 pm
Fenner didn't get a T for trash talking, he shoved a Lamar player right in front of referee and got the T. BOTH teams were trash talking. As far as your statement about praying, I'm going to say a prayer for you to help give you the strength to cope with losing. Amen
I remember our football players praying over Hunter when he blew out his knee.

BigMan15

For one Fenner was T ed for running into #2 after he continued to cuse  in his face all night. Which that shouldve been a double T and both teams should've been warned. Porter also should've been Ted up for hanging on the rim! It was pretty apparent that they weren't going to call a foul on Porter in the second half! Not to take away from Lamar they can't help how the refs called the game. Zedrick had a great game! In the end Lamar made more shots than we did. Congrats to Lamar! On the prayer part afterwards it was a good decision to not join. People can pray when they want the emotions where high and it just wasn't a good idea.

BAMA#16

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 25, 2017, 10:35:37 pm
Dude, quit being a sore winner. Y'all played lights out in the second half, enjoy it. I was impressed with #3, he's  much better at basketball than football.

fbisgreat

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 25, 2017, 11:59:37 pm
For one Fenner was T ed for running into #2 after he continued to cuse  in his face all night. Which that shouldve been a double T and both teams should've been warned. Porter also should've been Ted up for hanging on the rim! It was pretty apparent that they weren't going to call a foul on Porter in the second half! Not to take away from Lamar they can't help how the refs called the game. Zedrick had a great game! In the end Lamar made more shots than we did. Congrats to Lamar! On the prayer part afterwards it was a good decision to not join. People can pray when they want the emotions where high and it just wasn't a good idea.That's what i was trying to say on the praying part thanks

BAMA#16

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 26, 2017, 12:06:09 am

State is wide open!!! I can't remember when there was a clear favorite.

Warriors023

Quote from: BAMA#16 on February 26, 2017, 12:10:06 am
State is wide open!!! I can't remember when there was a clear favorite.
There's 6 teams that all have a pretty equal chance of winning state this year. It's anybody's ring to win in this one. Upsets can happen though. Good luck to everyone

BAMA#16

Quote from: Warriors023 on February 26, 2017, 12:36:14 am
There's 6 teams that all have a pretty equal chance of winning state this year. It's anybody's ring to win in this one. Upsets can happen though. Good luck to everyone
I agree, should be interesting.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BAMA#16 on February 26, 2017, 12:05:25 am
Dude, quit being a sore winner. Y'all played lights out in the second half, enjoy it. I was impressed with #3, he's  much better at basketball than football.
A sore winner? This coming from Charleston. Same people that said Lamar would choke in district or regionals? Or brags about every championship they ever won. Ha ok.

BAMA#16

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 26, 2017, 12:40:37 am
A sore winner? This coming from Charleston. Same people that said Lamar would choke in district or regionals? Or brags about every championship they ever won. Ha ok.
Not a basketball fan by no means, it's football year round here buddy. Just don't like seeing stupid comments....

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BAMA#16 on February 26, 2017, 12:51:27 am
Not a basketball fan by no means, it's football year round here buddy. Just don't like seeing stupid comments....
Well then you must have skipped every Charleston post on here.

BAMA#16

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 26, 2017, 12:59:27 am
I see it like it is, the Warriors outplayed Charleston in the second half, but your comment was pretty $@$$ stupid, I'll give credit where it's due.

BAMA#16

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 26, 2017, 12:59:27 am
I'm very critical of my kids play on the field or on the court, and they'll be the first to tell ya, I'm not your typical CHS poster, I'm not from here.

frederick lee

If CHS had won tonight they would have been the best team in the state right now.... Lamar WIN. THE FIELD IS WIDE OPEN LOL... On a side note CHS HAS A NONE COACHING IDIOT COACHING THOSE KIDS.

BigMan15

Look at Ross's track record! He is a very good coach and we do it the right way.He develops the players we have, we don't just go get new ones. Although just out of curiosity how is the recruiting class of 2018 looking for Lamar? Do all the recruits live with you or do you guys set them up with housing. BTW how much is the recruiting services of Freddie Lee and where is y'all office Lamar or Russellville or Clarksville?

WarriorFan

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 26, 2017, 09:44:01 am
Look at Ross's track record! He is a very good coach and we do it the right way.He develops the players we have, we don't just go get new ones. Although just out of curiosity how is the recruiting class of 2018 looking for Lamar? Do all the recruits live with you or do you guys set them up with housing. BTW how much is the recruiting services of Freddie Lee and where is y'all office Lamar or Russellville or Clarksville?

I will break this down for you son.
1. Charleston has never done anything the right way, The old saying from Charleston, "If your not cheating,your not trying."
2. You cant say he develops kids and doesnt recruit them. Ward kid from Greenwood, Smith kid that lived with BJs Ross from Sylvan Hills.
3. We dont recruit, and Charleston saying lamar recruits is like the pot calling the kettle black. Refer to statement #2 Ward and Smith kid.
4. Freddy Lee has no affiliation with Lamar Schools, he has no kids playing. All kids that play on lamar team live in the Lamar School district, can Charleston say that about their kids.
5. Bigman15 take it like it is, your son is a good player, I mean good player, not great but good. He is no Reaves from Cedar Ridge. Take the loss. Be humble, dont resort to Lamar bashing. You have been on the up and up dont stoop to the level of your coaches this late in the season.

Chunkyator99

Hey bigman, I think Albert was getting in your sons head last night, he is going to have to toughen up more than that if he wants to play college ball.

WarriorFan

By the way how does Charleston always have pretty good Jr girls team and SR. High girls always fall short. The Jr. Girls coach, Haney is it, always has his girls prepared. Sr girls coach looks lost out there. Dont know if I wouldnt switch there coaching duties.

TheTruth2010

Charleston saying Lamar is recruiting...Classic. The number 1 recruiting team in the state. Charleston.

xadboy

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 26, 2017, 09:44:01 am
Not sure about 2018, but 2017 looks good. We have 3 five star coming to enroll in the fall. Every one lives in our (5 bedroom house close to the school), so we are ligit coming 17/18.

BigMan15

Quote from: xadboy on February 26, 2017, 10:37:04 am
Not sure about 2018, but 2017 looks good. We have 3 five star coming to enroll in the fall. Every one lives in our (5 bedroom house close to the school), so we are ligit coming 17/18.
I love it xadboy!!!

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 25, 2017, 10:33:41 pm
They deserved every bit of the booing. Oh so now I guess it was the officials? Hahaha just face it Lamar was the better team. All Charleston is good at is talking trash. No class. None.

Google "unbiased"

And that's quite a bold statement saying all Charleston is good at is trash talking. I saw plenty of trash coming from Lamar's fans and players last night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas