• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley vs. Guy Part III

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 23, 2017, 07:19:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

February 23, 2017, 07:19:49 pm Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:54:54 am by BannerMountainMan
Shouldn't start it right now but here it goes..5:30 tonight! Let's goooooo. Guy Perkins coming off a solid Performance against westside and Shirley coming off a gutsy performance against Nemo..Should be a good one

StateChamps09

Does either team purposely throw this game? Hmmmm

bhartgen

Absolutely not. Both are capable of handling next opponent up.

Captain General

I don't think you can really judge the path to a championship without knowing how others will finish. Its upset season.

bhartgen

That's for sure. To be the man... got to beat the man.... until you are the man.

StateChamps09

Daddy eagle... it was a rhetorical question... I know guy isn't throwing a dang thing. Why would they? They're obviously the team to beat. Good to see you're still posting though. I was worried about you.

CrispyLips

You haven't been posting all season lol

StateChamps09

You're joking right? Lol. I'm on this page every day. I don't always voice my opinion on things... lol I'm always here though I promise ;)

CrispyLips

You must have more then one account then hoss

StateChamps09

Nope this is it. Had this one since last year when I couldn't get logged back in on my other account.. thank you for the concern though. Lol

StateChamps09

Especially since your account is 3 months old... not sure how you would say I "haven't been posting" just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean I haven't been posting

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 23, 2017, 08:05:52 pm
Especially since your account is 3 months old... not sure how you would say I "haven't been posting" just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean I haven't been posting
you really haven't posted this year until these last few weeks..

HorseFeathers

Newbs....Fighting over who's been been here longest....geez

CrispyLips

I'm pretty sure that because I don't see your posts definitely means that you aren't posting lol because I get on the 1a board like every day but whatever floats your boat

StateChamps09

You may want to look again. Maybe we're not reading the same things? I mean I only really get on topics on here that are relevant to me... I'm not going to be posting about teams I've never seen or care to see. Go look back on some of the top teams stuff then get back to me. Or we can just drop it, assume we're both right and move one. Anyways who's everyone giving the edge to in the guy Shirley round 3 game?

CrispyLips

My votes gotta go to THE Guy Thunderbirds. I mean, Hutch is like the greatest coach ever and their players are very disciplined and play great team ball along with some intense pressure defense. Great fan base too, very classy not trashy. Lots of homegrown talent. Would love to see Shirley get the upset though

StateChamps09

I take it whatever team you like took a decent loss to guy this year..

BannerChaser95

The loser pending they win the next game, would be stuck in the same quarter final as the 2 seed from the @County Line regional. I guess you call it the easier of the travels. However that may be the game that gets ya. Not saying it would of course. I just don't know how much easier that would be tho. Especially if Kirby and county line make it and go hand and hand to a close game. Good luck to Shirley and guy both.

StateChamps09

This is true. We had the brackets scattered out across the table going threw scenarios and it just to hard because of possible upsets to say who has the easy walks lol.

Baseballman3

Thinking about losing a game for seeding purposes is kind of like holding the ball for long periods of time. It gets into the players heads and will make for problems in the next game. Play the game to win and if you deserve to win, you will.

StateChamps09

Quote from: Baseballman3 on February 23, 2017, 08:31:39 pm
Thinking about losing a game for seeding purposes is kind of like holding the ball for long periods of time. It gets into the players heads and will make for problems in the next game. Play the game to win and if you deserve to win, you will.

+11 lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Baseballman3 on February 23, 2017, 08:31:39 pm
I agree,but if a team you know you don't match up with is on the same side if you win, it's hard to say you wouldn't want the best for your team. But I do agree.

CrispyLips

StateChamps09

BlueDevilFan

Shirley beat GP early in the season by 9, Guy beat Shirley at the St. Joseph classic by 12.

Shirley is coming off a huge win last night and the team will be pumped.

Guy is coming off a easy win over West Side.  This is not a dig at West side just that Guy beat them by 21 so not a close game.

I'm biased but, I can see Shirley beating Guy Perkins they both play the same type of game, both teams are very disciplined, however Shirley has a slight edge inside where as if Guy's big man get's into foul trouble which he has a tendency to do, I think Shirley can capitalize on this and get the victory.

Now with all that being said and taking a $1.50 will get you a cheap cup of coffee at your local gas station I think this will be a good game to be at and watch and I hope that both sides have fun, and there are no injuries.

HoopMan

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on February 24, 2017, 09:56:57 am
Shirley beat GP early in the season by 9, Guy beat Shirley at the St. Joseph classic by 12.

Guy is coming off a easy win over West Side.  This is not a dig at West side just that Guy beat them by 21 so not a close game.

I'm biased but, I can see Shirley beating Guy Perkins they both play the same type of game, both teams are very disciplined, however Shirley has a slight edge inside where as if Guy's big man get's into foul trouble which he has a tendency to do, I think Shirley can capitalize on this and get the victory.

Now with all that being said and taking a $1.50 will get you a cheap cup of coffee at your local gas station I think this will be a good game to be at and watch and I hope that both sides have fun, and there are no injuries.

Guy is disciplined......?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HoopMan on February 24, 2017, 10:22:58 am
Guy is disciplined......?
Nope, 1st half against Westside they could've been up by 30 if they would stop trying to do behind the back passes and fast breaks and crap like that, but were not disciplined and only went into half up 11

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 24, 2017, 10:24:42 am
Nope, 1st half against Westside they could've been up by 30 if they would stop trying to do behind the back passes and fast breaks and crap like that, but were not disciplined and only went into half up 8

I agree. That's why I was confused at what the previous poster had said. I have never known a guy team to be disciplined.

SackAttack

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on February 24, 2017, 09:56:57 am

Shirley--players, fans, and coach-- has lost discipline at various times this year as well. Funny thing about discipline sometimes it doesn't always show up in bad shot selection or an ill timed behind the back pass. Lack of discipline can sometimes be seen in behavior in competitive situations or when the pressure mounts.

Captain General

Quote from: HoopMan on February 24, 2017, 10:26:12 am
I agree. That's why I was confused at what the previous poster had said. I have never known a guy team to be disciplined.

Or have Home Grown talent... Lol
Someone mentioned that above.🙃

BasketballNeverStops

On my way to the "Raj Mahal" for another great day of games!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Captain General on February 24, 2017, 02:14:14 pm
Or have Home Grown talent... Lol
Someone mentioned that above.🙃

The 15 in the bench are home grown ::)

StateChamps09

All the starters are from guy but one?

HoopMan

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 24, 2017, 02:51:06 pm
All the starters are from guy but one?

I wonder if they will be next year????????? :-X

StateChamps09

Dunno. To my knowledge we were talking about this year?

HoopMan

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 24, 2017, 03:28:04 pm
Dunno. To my knowledge we were talking about this year?

I was just wondering because they're different every year. My apologies.

Captain General

I've been told this game will be on the radio on 92.7.

BasketballNeverStops

Shirley up 28-20 halfway through second quarter. Guy continues to shoot and miss threes while Shirley is working it inside and finishing at the rim.

J.D.

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 24, 2017, 05:59:35 pm
Shirley up 28-20 halfway through second quarter. Guy continues to shoot and miss threes while Shirley is working it inside and finishing at the rim.

Perfect storm so far for Shirley.

54 in foul trouble and Guy not hot early from 3.

BannerMountainMan

35-27 Shirley at half, 54 and 21 both have 3 fouls

StateChamps09

Quote from: HoopMan on February 24, 2017, 04:21:08 pm

Hmmm. That's news to me... been around this team for many many years. You have kids who's parents won rings here that decide they want to come back... don't see anything wrong with that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HoopMan on February 24, 2017, 04:21:08 pm

Weird....Seeing as all 5 starters were in their rotation last year....

StateChamps09

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 24, 2017, 08:14:50 pm
Weird....Seeing as all 5 starters were in their rotation last year....

+1

BannerMountainMan

one of guys players dad, he told a 76 year old man to fight him and then a women to also..screaming at them because they asked him nicely to calm down because he was showing out.. not going to name names but we all know..ran down there and jumped all over them.. pretty sure he pushed the old man..don't need that crap.

StateChamps09

Oh that's how it happened? May want to get another side of the story.

CrispyLips

That's what happened, I was sitting above it all and saw it all unfold. The guy was acting out of pocket and really showing his tail

StateChamps09

Maybe we're talking about two different things... I know there was one issue, well two, I know an older gentleman threw something on the court, not sure if he was a Shirley fan or a fan of someone else... I know there was another situation, but if it's the person in the same situation I don't see home putting his hands on anyone...

StateChamps09

Andddd watching it unfold from a ways away I didn't see him touch anyone..

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 24, 2017, 09:52:37 pm
Andddd watching it unfold from a ways away I didn't see him touch anyone..
you don't face up to an old man and tell them to fight you..

StateChamps09

Nah of course not. And like I said, we may be talking about two different scenarios because the issue I seen, id put that man above something like that... now I know guy fans had to deal with unruly Shirley parents screaming very derogatory things at there kids... so it's really give and take. Tensions get high and things are said that aren't meant. Does it make it right of course not, I had Shirley parents turning and looking at me all night, and I politely waved at them. Now could that situation be blown out of proportion? Of course. Once again not writing excuses for others actions... people seem to forget in those moments that these are kids playing a game. Hats off to both teams for tonight. It was a great game to watch, real nail biter. Enjoyable game for the atheletes and for people there watching.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas