• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks/Mineral Springs in 1A

Started by BigBob, February 20, 2017, 05:06:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Howard county folks, how much longer will y'all be playing hoops in 1A?  How have the seasons been thus far? Kinda sorta missed seeing y'all at the district tourney in 2A, didn't feel right. Haha

Bigleague

Trust me big bob they want back in 2A.   1A too tough.   

BigBob

That's what I was wondering really, the difference in competition

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bigleague on February 20, 2017, 05:25:34 pm
Trust me big bob they want back in 2A.   1A too tough.

It's just the numbers.  AAA takes the numbers and draws the lines.  Schools can appeal to stay up, but why not just play where your numbers classify you and let the kids battle it out.  1A is "top heavy" in basketball.  Look at the records of teams on MaxPreps.  You got your 20+ win teams and then your 20+ loss teams.  Not too many schools are in the middle.  Mineral Springs girls had a down year, but it's because they lost a big group of 3-year starters last season.  They will be back.  The other 3 teams you spoke of have done pretty well in 1A. 

BigBob

Yeah if mineral springs girls were in 1A the last 2 years they would've had a few state championships. I was talking to a few folks from SH and they were wishing they're girls would play in 1A from 2010-2015.

BannerChaser95

February 21, 2017, 09:21:58 am #5 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:25:11 am by BannerChaser95
Quote from: BigBob on February 21, 2017, 08:53:49 am
Yeah if mineral springs girls were in 1A the last 2 years they would've had a few state championships. I was talking to a few folks from SH and they were wishing they're girls would play in 1A from 2010-2015.
Lol, Kirby girls have been around the top of 1A for the last 6-7 years. Winning it in 2010, and two shortened years by wonderview and the 3 consecutive final four trips and runner up trips. Kirby sr girls and boys begged Spring Hill to come to Kirby the year Spring Hill went undefeated regular season even saying they'd go to the one sided wondered and the coach from Spring Hill said he wasn't interested. I can garuntee you Spring Hill wanted nothing to do with these 1A girls teams. Sure they are good some years. But they weren't even the best team in the south that year.

As for mineral springs girls having a couple state titles. That's laughable at best Kirby and acorn and wickes girls all have beat mineral like it was nothing. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. But mineral springs girls wouldn't have a state title.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 21, 2017, 09:21:58 am
Lol, Kirby girls have been around the top of 1A for the last 6-7 years. Winning it in 2010, and two shortened years by wonderview and the 3 consecutive final four trips and runner up trips. Kirby sr girls and boys begged Spring Hill to come to Kirby the year Spring Hill went undefeated regular season even saying they'd go to the one sided wondered and the coach from Spring Hill said he wasn't interested. I can garuntee you Spring Hill wanted nothing to do with these 1A girls teams. Sure they are good some years. But they weren't even the best team in the south that year.

As for mineral springs girls having a couple state titles. That's laughable at best Kirby and acorn and wickes girls all have beat mineral like it was nothing. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. But mineral springs girls wouldn't have a state title.

The year SH girls went undefeated, they had a female coach (who is now at Nashville).  I have to agree with Banner though, I don't believe MS would have any more state titles than they do now if they had played in 1A.  Kirby girls might not have one either if they didn't get the transfer from Dierks........ JK  JK  JK
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 21, 2017, 09:50:39 am
The year SH girls went undefeated, they had a female coach (who is now at Nashville).  I have to agree with Banner though, I don't believe MS would have any more state titles than they do now if they had played in 1A.  Kirby girls might not have one either if they didn't get the transfer from Dierks........ JK  JK  JK
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I didn't know if it was a he or a she. However they didn't want to play Kirby. We tried very hard too. However that's to each his own because they won a state title in 2A that year which is no nack on them in any way. But what I am saying is true. They didn't want to play Kirby. As for mineral. I hope bigbob was kidding because Kirby and wickes girls both played mineral in those years. And mineral was praying to get back to league play.

BigBob

The same Spring Hill girls who went 35-0 and Won state in senior high went 24-0 and thumped the  Kirby girls when they matched up in Jr. High at the Blevins tourney. I can promise you Coach Kidd wasn't afraid to play Kirby, now Finley, he would probably turn that down. But I know Laura wanted her girls to play stiff competition becUse they couldn't get it out of their conference. But I promise you bud, coach Kidd and those lady bear teams weren't scared of Kirby.

BigBob

Yeah jk about MS girls winning state. They were athletic but not deep at all. And not knocking Kirbys girls. No doubt I respect them, the coach and program as a whole.

monkeyman3434

I know for a fact that SpringHill was called several times and turned down the opportunity to play.  One time was when they both were going to have week off because of a bye in the district tournament. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigBob on February 21, 2017, 11:14:27 am
The same Spring Hill girls who went 35-0 and Won state in senior high went 24-0 and thumped the  Kirby girls when they matched up in Jr. High at the Blevins tourney. I can promise you Coach Kidd wasn't afraid to play Kirby, now Finley, he would probably turn that down. But I know Laura wanted her girls to play stiff competition becUse they couldn't get it out of their conference. But I promise you bud, coach Kidd and those lady bear teams weren't scared of Kirby.
1) jr high is jr high. 2) They turned down several opportunities to play Kirby both home and away. They didn't wanna play the week before district even tho SH only had 1 game that week I believe it was.

BigBob

Yeah it's jr high but it was the same team, same girls played. Except SH didn't have medina. So it would've  been even worse if she had moved there as a freshman. Any decent coach would know not to schedule another game right before district starts, now a game before conference play starts makes sense, not days before district.

BigBob

Does Kirby participate in track and softball?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigBob on February 21, 2017, 12:35:14 pm
Yeah it's jr high but it was the same team, same girls played. Except SH didn't have medina. So it would've  been even worse if she had moved there as a freshman. Any decent coach would know not to schedule another game right before district starts, now a game before conference play starts makes sense, not days before district.
Kirby had the Wisconsin move in after that, and also that group of girls went on to lose about 8 games over a 3 year span. And went to 3 consecutive final fours? I'm not going to sit here and talk up the Kirby girls. They called Spring Hill and they didn't play. Spring Hill went undefeated. However jr highs jr high so let's try not to compare 😂😂

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 21, 2017, 02:55:06 pm
Kirby had the Wisconsin move in after that, and also that group of girls went on to lose about 8 games over a 3 year span. And went to 3 consecutive final fours? I'm not going to sit here and talk up the Kirby girls. They called Spring Hill and they didn't play. Spring Hill went undefeated. However jr highs jr high so let's try not to compare 😂😂

Word on the street is the peewee team in SH is undefeated since Kindergarten.  Tried to get a scrimmage of SH 6th grade vs Kirby Jr High.  Call wasn't returned.
I'm not trying to stir the pot at all......just what I heard in the barber shop.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 21, 2017, 04:08:48 pm
Word on the street is the peewee team in SH is undefeated since Kindergarten.  Tried to get a scrimmage of SH 6th grade vs Kirby Jr High.  Call wasn't returned.
I'm not trying to stir the pot at all......just what I heard in the barber shop.
heard one of the 6th graders had an important birthday party to attend lol

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 21, 2017, 04:19:51 pm
heard one of the 6th graders had an important birthday party to attend lol

What, Jr high, pee wee, move-ins, phone calls........2a, 1a, coulda shoulda woulda....I think that if Kirby doesn't win a state title pretty soon, there will be a scourge of cardiac arrests in that area....

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 21, 2017, 05:29:44 pm
What, Jr high, pee wee, move-ins, phone calls........2a, 1a, coulda shoulda woulda....I think that if Kirby doesn't win a state title pretty soon, there will be a scourge of cardiac arrests in that area....
might just do it.

BigBob

That 6th grade group lost two games this year, but they will be the next good group to come thru SH. So lookout😉 Maybe they can get a match up with the feared lady Trojans of Kirby one day.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BigBob on February 21, 2017, 06:26:03 pm
That 6th grade group lost two games this year, but they will be the next good group to come thru SH. So lookout😉 Maybe they can get a match up with the feared lady Trojans of Kirby one day.
ill be sure to call and set that up for what? 2025? Haha in all due respect. 35-0 is great. I was just making the point. That 1A was pretty dang good all in its entirety.

BigBob

Yes a home-n-home series for sure in 25! But seriously, has the dierks vs. Kirby  rivalry taken off since they are 1A? Or has it been intense in the past?

Bluecollar77

Is it baseball season yet or what?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BigBob on February 21, 2017, 09:01:12 pm
Yes a home-n-home series for sure in 25! But seriously, has the dierks vs. Kirby  rivalry taken off since they are 1A? Or has it been intense in the past?

Far from a rivalry. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas