• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ MVE

Started by hogheaven11, February 19, 2017, 12:23:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogheaven11

Wednesday
4:00 SG 1N)Wonderview vs. 4S)Midland
5:30 SB 1N)Guy Perkins vs. 4S)WSGF
7:00 SG 1S)Concord vs. 4N)Abundant Life
8:30 SB 1S)Concord vs. 4N)Sacred Heart

Thursday
4:00 SG 2S)Rural Special vs. 3N)MVE
5:30 SB 2S)Shirley vs. 3N)Nemo Vista
7:00 SG 2N)Nemo Vista vs. 3S)WSGF
8:30 SB 2N)Marvell vs. 3S)Timbo

J.D.

Quote from: hogheaven11 on February 19, 2017, 12:23:34 am
Wednesday
4:00 SG 1N)Wonderview vs. 4S)Midland
5:30 SB 1N)Guy Perkins vs. 4S)WSGF
7:00 SG 1S)Concord vs. 4N)Abundant Life
8:30 SB 1S)Concord vs. 4N)Sacred Heart

Thursday
4:00 SG 2S)Rural Special vs. 3N)MVE
5:30 SB 2S)Shirley vs. 3N)Nemo Vista
7:00 SG 2N)Nemo Vista vs. 3S)WSGF
8:30 SB 2N)Marvell vs. 3S)Timbo

Good luck to all.

HoopMan

Wonderview over Midland by 30

Guy over WSGF by 15

Concord over Abundant Life by 20

Concord over Sacred Heart by 14

Good luck to all the teams tonight!

HorseFeathers

Wonderview 18 Midland 12 end 1

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Catfish

BannerMountainMan

HoopMan

I'm headed that way also! I was pretty close on the Wonderview/Midland prediction!  I really hope I miss the next one though! Cheering for those eagles!

HorseFeathers

Guy 7 Wsgf 4 bout midway thru 1st

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

BasketballNeverStops

Just got off work, headed that direction!

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Guy moves on with the 70-49 win

BasketballNeverStops

February 22, 2017, 07:32:37 pm #16 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:35:58 pm by BasketballNeverStops
Girls
Half
Concord-35
Abundant-24
Concord ended half on 11-0 run.

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Concord-76 (22-9)
Abundant-47

Lady Pirates punch ticket to State Tournament for first time in school history.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 22, 2017, 08:05:14 pm
Final
Concord-76 (22-9)
Abundant-47

Lady Pirates punch ticket to State Tournament for first time in school history.

Really the first time? Hmm

BannerMountainMan

4 Sacred Heart 23   1Concord 9 1:22 in 1st

BannerMountainMan

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 22, 2017, 08:48:20 pm
35-11 Sacred Heart...
Note to self. they like to be the underdogs at MVE gym.

BannerMountainMan

Guess Concord should've stalled in tonight also, down 49-22 at half

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 22, 2017, 08:05:49 pm
Really the first time? Hmm
Yes we've gotten close the past few years but fell short.

CrispyLips

How in the world is sacred beating concord

BigLion10

February 22, 2017, 09:13:00 pm #25 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:20:06 pm by BigLion10
Quote from: CrispyLips on February 22, 2017, 09:12:17 pm
well they have more points on the scoreboard

CrispyLips

Thanks captain I was actually kind of wanting some one to explain it though

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 22, 2017, 09:12:17 pm
aint good unless they play REALLL slow

BasketballNeverStops

They have shot lights out all game.

Fleaflicker

Update on concord score please?

BasketballNeverStops

Sacred up 76-67 with 1:58 left in game.

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 22, 2017, 09:17:39 pm
aint good unless they play REALLL slow

I don't think you can talk about anybody and say "ain't good" when they beat your team lol

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Sacred-81
Concord-67

Hero of Twin Groves

Banner shut up. You are just salty because they beat you. Don't worry guy will take care of you again

BannerMountainMan

No salt, Sacred just looked like a state championship team....tonight

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 22, 2017, 10:30:27 pm
No salt, Sacred just looked like a state championship team....tonight
Been saying it all year an above average team is gonna get a ring this year. Might as well be Sacred heart as the next team.

BasketballNeverStops

Day 2 I'll take:
MVE over Rural Special by 10
Shirley over Nemo by 5
Nemo over West Side by 17
Marvell over Timbo by 13

Catfish

Congrats to those lady pirates for making their first state tournament appearance in SCHOOL HISTORY! And I want to say congrats to the Concord boys on a great season. You guys made us proud!

FaceInTheCrowd

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 22, 2017, 10:06:30 pm
Final
Sacred-81
Concord-67

And all the Shirley fans feel like justice is served...

SackAttack

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 23, 2017, 09:19:13 am
And all the Shirley fans feel like justice is served...
And that would speak volumes about the Shirley fans. So I guess they will have something to fall back on if Nemo Vista beats them tonight. At least Concord got beat! Sounds reasonable

ballmember

Think the team that shoots the best usually wins.   Shooting has become a lost art among many.  Didn't Sacred Heart have 26 turnovers.    Concord is the better team but was not last night.    Like Shirley there shot was not falling.    Everyone talks defense, and kids like dunks and three's .     Putting the ball in the hole , shooting free throws,  teams with most points win.   Many of those great Indiana high school teams could all do one thing good-put the ball in the hole.    Most fans want to be entertained when they watch a game.  If not entertained than they are upset.    Some of those Shirley fans upset over the stall game are there to be entertained.  will not have to worry about them next year, just riding the wave of a good team.   Graduation eliminates a lot of these fans.   They are there to support there family member that is playing, which is good.  Not a lot of true ball fans which is ok .   I sure wouldn't go if I didn't like it. 

jackets101

Quote from: ballmember on February 23, 2017, 09:54:34 am
Think the team that shoots the best usually wins.   Shooting has become a lost art among many.  Didn't Sacred Heart have 26 turnovers.    Concord is the better team but was not last night.    Like Shirley there shot was not falling.    Everyone talks defense, and kids like dunks and three's .     Putting the ball in the hole , shooting free throws,  teams with most points win.   Many of those great Indiana high school teams could all do one thing good-put the ball in the hole.    Most fans want to be entertained when they watch a game.  If not entertained than they are upset.    Some of those Shirley fans upset over the stall game are there to be entertained.  will not have to worry about them next year, just riding the wave of a good team.   Graduation eliminates a lot of these fans.   They are there to support there family member that is playing, which is good.  Not a lot of true ball fans which is ok .   I sure wouldn't go if I didn't like it.
i agree. The teams job is not to entertain. The teams job is to win and thats what fans should be upset about. Not a strategy that is totally legal and wins games.

FaceInTheCrowd

I talked to some Shirley fans on Monday and they were appalled that Concord could do such a thing to them.  Thought the Concord coach should be fired for not letting the boys play a "real game."  They didn't respond well when I said I thought it was a good coaching strategy.  If Concord already knew they couldn't win playing Shirley's game, then why not try something drastic.  Especially since the District Tournament Champion would be on the opposite side as Guy. A team with nothing to lose is dangerous at this point in the season.

StateChamps09

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 23, 2017, 10:45:58 am
I talked to some Shirley fans on Monday and they were appalled that Concord could do such a thing to them.  Thought the Concord coach should be fired for not letting the boys play a "real game."  They didn't respond well when I said I thought it was a good coaching strategy.  If Concord already knew they couldn't win playing Shirley's game, then why not try something drastic.  Especially since the District Tournament Champion would be on the opposite side as Guy. A team with nothing to lose is dangerous at this point in the season.

This is the best thing I've seen about that game... guys on a war path. I think they'll be the team to beat this year.

riccoar

Guess part of the game.  You play regular ball up until Shirley and then play a game of keep away before your first district game.  Did that throw them off?

StateChamps09

Well a Marvell, guy, sometimes Shirley type game is stopped by one of two things... slowing the ball down, or any of these three teams missing shots... with that said slowing the ball down on guy or Marvell has proven not to work... they're to fast... concord doesn't slow the ball down on Shirley, they loose... concord slows it down on Marvell or guy and, either of those two still win. Good tactic by concord, but that only gets them passed Shirley.

StateChamps09

Obviously there isn't a way to test my theory any longer. As concord a good team got taken out by sacred heart, a mediocre at best team.

riccoar

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 23, 2017, 11:02:05 am
Well a Marvell, guy, sometimes Shirley type game is stopped by one of two things... slowing the ball down, or any of these three teams missing shots... with that said slowing the ball down on guy or Marvell has proven not to work... they're to fast... concord doesn't slow the ball down on Shirley, they loose... concord slows it down on Marvell or guy and, either of those two still win. Good tactic by concord, but that only gets them passed Shirley.
No, I get the strategy, but did it throw them off rhythm wise for Sacred Heart. 

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Catfish on February 23, 2017, 08:26:16 am
Congrats to those lady pirates for making their first state tournament appearance in SCHOOL HISTORY! And I want to say congrats to the Concord boys on a great season. You guys made us proud!
Agreed. Our girls have been playing really well the past few games and I'm hoping we can have another great game tomorrow night. Our boys struggled last night but they did have a great season. Sacred Heart came out of the gate firing on all cylinders and we could never get going. If SH plays like they did last night, they will be a serious threat next week at Mt. Ida.

BasketballNeverStops

BNS is in the house. Looking forward to some great games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas