• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Region- West Fork

Started by Ole Legend, February 19, 2017, 12:20:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog-fan

Boys:

Subiaco 52
Shiloh Christian 49

Final

Razorback Red

Just saw a Tweet that with 3:30 left in 1st half, Huntsville in control over Dardanelle 26-9.

The Coach

Quote from: Razorback Red on February 23, 2017, 09:24:28 pm
Just saw a Tweet that with 3:30 left in 1st half, Huntsville in control over Dardanelle 26-9.

60-36 final for Huntsville

SubiSpectator

Tonight's game of Pea Ridge vs Subiaco will be broadcast on the following link posted start time is 5:30pm CST:

https://livestream.com/Subiaco/events/7053914

prHOG13

Pea Ridge  12
Subiaco      5

end of 1st quarter

elvis26

:D pea-ridge- 12
      subico        5 end of 1st quarter

prHOG13

Pea Ridge   25
Subiaco      15

Halftime

prHOG13

Pea Ridge   40
Subiaco      36

End 3rd

prHOG13

Pea Ridge   61
Subiaco      48

Final

Got a kick out of the Subiaco play by play guy. Hope he cheers up before the next broadcast.

pridgehog

February 24, 2017, 07:18:09 pm #59 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:37:29 pm by pridgehog
The Subiaco broadcaster said Pea Ridge was overrated and getting protection from the refs. He's a classy guy! Real class since we lost our starting Post player last game to a broken arm who averaged 12 pts 8 rebounds and about 4 blocks a game.

x14113

On the girls' side, it's down to Ozark and Berryville for the regional title.

Pottsville and WF will play for 3rd.

beach bum

Come on Hunstville!!! Those boys from the hollers of Madison County can make it an all 1-4A final.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge and Huntsville in the finals! A rematch from the district championship last Saturday. I watched all the games tonight. Huntsville came out a little slow, but turned up the heat and shot lights out in the second half. The Eaton kid is a stud, he makes a ton of plays! Pea Ridge had to grind it out against Subiaco. Got on a late run to cushion the lead a little. Should be another great game tomorrow!

prHOG13

Pea Ridge losing Caudill will be a big blow to PR as he was such a big factor in the first matchup with Huntsville. Hope PR can pull this one out. They'll need aggressive play from Hall and to minimize the turnovers in the front court. I plan on making the trip.

beach bum

Huge ramifications for the winner tonight... I definitely think the winner should get them a win in the quarterfinals to get to the final 4. The loser tonight has a seriously big incline to climb playing the 1 from the East in the quarterfinals.

andydavis1234

Is there any livestream for Subi-Pottsville. Don't see it on the Subiaco livestream page.

WattsOzark

The ustream listed earlier worked for me last night

andydavis1234

Quote from: WattsOzark on February 25, 2017, 01:52:50 pm
The ustream listed earlier worked for me last night
That works, thanks.

NoSize

beach bum

Quote from: NoSize on February 25, 2017, 03:10:07 pm
FINAL Subiaco 45 Pottsville 48

I have a feeling tonight's game will have a similar feel to it. I can see Huntsville trying to grind it out. Will it work against Pea Ridge? We will see. I am predicting tonight's score of Pea Ridge 52-50 over Huntsville in a rematch of a week ago.

x14113

Girls Consolation:
Pottsville 40
West Fork 38

beach bum

Two great games so far today....

prHOG13

PR will need to defend the perimeter better than they did yesterday and Thomas will need to be big inside

x14113

Couldn't get the breaks in the 4Q...

Girls:
Berryville 53
Ozark 47

LRRandy

Mr. Mercer

LRRandy

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: pridgehog on February 24, 2017, 07:18:09 pm
The Subiaco broadcaster said Pea Ridge was overrated and getting protection from the refs. He's a classy guy! Real class since we lost our starting Post player last game to a broken arm who averaged 12 pts 8 rebounds and about 4 blocks a game.
Anyone have stats for the Pea Ridge Subi game? I would like to know how many free throws Pea Ridge shot compared to Subiaco?

prHOG13

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 26, 2017, 04:33:28 pm
Anyone have stats for the Pea Ridge Subi game? I would like to know how many free throws Pea Ridge shot compared to Subiaco?
It was probably in the 12-3 range in favor of Pea Ridge, with a good chunk of those coming in the 4th quarter when Subiaco was forced to foul to cut into the deficit. Subiaco didn't get to the hole very often and settled for perimeter jumpers and just didn't draw many fouls. Subiaco played a great game

Hog-fan

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 26, 2017, 04:33:28 pm

Free throws:
Pea Ridge 16/17
Subiaco 3/3

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Hog-fan on February 26, 2017, 06:20:19 pm
Free throws:
Pea Ridge 16/17
Subiaco 3/3
prHOG13 that sounds a little one sided seeing how it was 40 to 43 with 7 minutes left in the 4th. So I would say that someone on the radio could see that maybe Pea Ridge was taken care of by the officials. Does anyone have the free throw stats of the Subi and Pottsville game? Because I heard that it was worse than 16/17 to 3/3.

Ole Legend

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 27, 2017, 09:11:48 am
prHOG13 that sounds a little one sided seeing how it was 40 to 43 with 7 minutes left in the 4th. So I would say that someone on the radio could see that maybe Pea Ridge was taken care of by the officials. Does anyone have the free throw stats of the Subi and Pottsville game? Because I heard that it was worse than 16/17 to 3/3.

IMO the refs were pretty fair both ways in the Subiaco/Pea Ridge game. Subiaco settled for jump shots and mid range fadeaways. Pea Ridge attacked the rim and drew fouls.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 27, 2017, 09:37:27 am
IMO the refs were pretty fair both ways in the Subiaco/Pea Ridge game. Subiaco settled for jump shots and mid range fadeaways. Pea Ridge attacked the rim and drew fouls.
Yup 17 to 3 sounds completely fair. Pea Ridge ended the game with 6 fouls, total. Tell me more about this word fair you like to use.

Hog-fan

Pottsville vs Subi consolation game Free Throws:

Pottsville 12/17
Subiaco 0/0

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Hog-fan on February 27, 2017, 10:18:42 am
Pottsville vs Subi consolation game Free Throws:

Pottsville 12/17
Subiaco 0/0
Thank you Hog-fan

Tiger4Life2015

I do believe the game was somewhat fair. Every high school game you could argue that there are some bias officiating in some way. The problem is our officials aren't the best in the world other wise they wouldn't be calling 4A Arkansas basketball games. I thought the game was officiated ok, and he has a point in regards to Pea Ridge being more aggressive towards the basket than Subi was. I do believe that Pea Ridge is the more superior team as they have began to prove as we head into the state tourney. As much as I don't like to see how the Farmington move in acts and taunts other teams and fans I will call it how I see it in that regard as them being the better and best team coming out of the region. Also seeing that Subi lost to Pottsville and is the 4 seed that speaks volumes about whether or not Subi needed to be in the Championship, which is clearly not the case.

prHOG13

Sounds to me like you have a perimeter oriented team that doesn't attack the rim offensively seeing as how they barely attempted a free throw the entire regional tournament. Your fanbases misguided disdain should be applied to your scheme rather than officiating. Subiaco' boys played their tails off, but they got worked inside by Thomas because they have no height.

Best of luck to y'all in state

budman123

Tiger4life2015, it seems we were both at the same game and I recall the Subiaco academy student section taunting my son, get the fact straight before you call a kid out...

pridgehog

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 27, 2017, 12:20:31 pm
I do believe the game was somewhat fair. Every high school game you could argue that there are some bias officiating in some way. The problem is our officials aren't the best in the world other wise they wouldn't be calling 4A Arkansas basketball games. I thought the game was officiated ok, and he has a point in regards to Pea Ridge being more aggressive towards the basket than Subi was. I do believe that Pea Ridge is the more superior team as they have began to prove as we head into the state tourney. As much as I don't like to see how the Farmington move in acts and taunts other teams and fans I will call it how I see it in that regard as them being the better and best team coming out of the region. Also seeing that Subi lost to Pottsville and is the 4 seed that speaks volumes about whether or not Subi needed to be in the Championship, which is clearly not the case.
Again, you are cheap shotting a kid! You make me sick and I'd love for you not to hide behind a name. PM me and we can talk in person if you want to continue to cheap shot our kids at Pea Ridge! You won't find a better group of young men and harder workers than we have!

AirWarren

Nothing better than a bunch of angry daddies.

pridgehog

Ole Legend

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 27, 2017, 12:20:31 pm
The kid has been harrassed by students and parents all year. If you don't expect him to react you are out of your mind. He takes more crap from fans at every game than any other kid in the area. Grow up and look at the whole picture buddy.

AirWarren

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on February 27, 2017, 04:54:48 pm
No. Letterman jacket daddies are the best.
yeah, this one has been worthy of popcorn. They're  gonna meet at the sonic in Nashville when they go to state and settle it.

Tiger4Life2015

I was at the same game and have seen him a few times this year act the same way. If he gets a lot and continues to receive it worse than any other kid why is that? Pridgehog we have had this conversation on a different thread where you clearly got the point I was not cheapshotting a kid and you can go reread the messages from last time we talked! I've bragged on Pea Rodge and their team more than once on here and you can go read those as well. Just stood up for their win against subi actually haha. If he's your son he is a great player and can't take that  away from him, but is that how we teach kids to react ? Sounds to me like we are ok with a kid doing whatever or acting however he wants just because a bunch of students are heckling him? I don't condone reactions from players and Thats what is taught from a very early age for year and years. All I'm saying is Let his play speak for itself because it does just that. The extra stuff from a good player is just unnecessary IMO. Again hog if that's bashing or hurting anyone's feelings by saying I don't agree with his reactions to fans than I'm sorry again! Read the message again, just don't agree with his reactions and don't agree with what some students say to him either but he is the player and he is in the spotlight.

pridgehog

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 27, 2017, 05:33:28 pm
I was at the same game and have seen him a few times this year act the same way. If he gets a lot and continues to receive it worse than any other kid why is that? Pridgehog we have had this conversation on a different thread where you clearly got the point I was not cheapshotting a kid and you can go reread the messages from last time we talked! I've bragged on Pea Rodge and their team more than once on here and you can go read those as well. Just stood up for their win against subi actually haha. If he's your son he is a great player and can't take that  away from him, but is that how we teach kids to react ? Sounds to me like we are ok with a kid doing whatever or acting however he wants just because a bunch of students are heckling him? I don't condone reactions from players and Thats what is taught from a very early age for year and years. All I'm saying is Let his play speak for itself because it does just that. The extra stuff from a good player is just unnecessary IMO. Again hog if that's bashing or hurting anyone's feelings by saying I don't agree with his reactions to fans than I'm sorry again! Read the message again, just don't agree with his reactions and don't agree with what some students say to him either but he is the player and he is in the spotlight.
He isn't my kid but my kid is also a senior on this team. You have gave backhanded compliment s to Pea Ridge. Nobody is as dumb as you think. You said Huntsville was gonna win district and we weren't that impressive. Nobody cares that you don't like Pea Ridge but you don't need to tell anyone that you don't like how one of our kids reacts to being heckled by student section s. If you want to come and talk to his 6 foot 6 dad and tell him you don't agree with how his son reacts to it then do it! Dont be a coward and not let us know who you are!

Ole Legend

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 27, 2017, 05:33:28 pm

It's not just students heckling him, it's parents like you that are also yelling and screaming vulgar remarks at him. Calling out a kid on the internet like you are doing is immature.

AirWarren

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 27, 2017, 07:18:44 pm
It's not just students heckling him, it's parents like you that are also yelling and screaming vulgar remarks at him. Calling out a kid on the internet like you are doing is immature.

Because the parent who is trying get get the other poster to PM his name, challenging him to meet a "6 foot 6 daddy", and call him out to identify himself is much better?

Pot meet kettle.

Some of these daddies need to log off and quit embarrassing their kids.   

Tiger4Life2015

I made a prediction and again that offended you. Backhanded compliments?? I said they didn't shoot the 3 very well at the game I watched at district and that's why I picked Huntsville after they had a good first round game then. Backhanded? I've complimented them in the same post, and complimented them in fact more than I have so called "bashed" which I think is hilarious if my 2 posts about pea ridge were bashing in any way??? I stated I didn't like how he reacted to being heckled.... also stated he is a great player, said Pea Ridge was very athletic team, aggressive team, can drive the ball really well, good inside??? Backhanded??? Read the posts, have I really been that negative towards your team? Can criticism not be gave on here? Or opinions? You've gave plenty I believe. If you don't like my posts don't read them. Also you can continue to make threats about meeting up and fighting or whatever, which is very mature... didn't insult anybody and didnt call anybody dumb??? You are obviously very hurt by my comments and again I'm sorry if they hurt your feelings or disturbed you in any way. Calling out a kid? I understand you are Pea Ridge parents and or fans and I've obviously struck a nerve because most likely I'm not the first to say such about the kid. I've never yelled anything at the kid and I've not seen parents do such either , but have seen students heckle him a lot. He is just a kid but that doesn't give him a right to act however he wants, are we not suppose to teach them how to handle such criticism? Will he be able to act that way in life to criticism? Or at the next level if he chooses to play which he has the talent to obviously? Would college coaches like seeing Those reactions?

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on February 27, 2017, 07:41:55 pm
Because the parent who is trying get get the other poster to PM his name, challenging him to meet a "6 foot 6 daddy", and call him out to identify himself is much better?

Pot meet kettle.

Some of these daddies need to log off and quit embarrassing their kids.
no, no. This is just getting good. Since the drama is out of who is actually going to win the tournament, they need something to do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas