• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-7 West

Started by baknblak, February 17, 2017, 09:27:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baknblak

Magnet Cove         Murfreesboro
Poyen                   Foreman
Cutter                   Blevins
Mt Pine                 Caddo Hills

From my understanding the teams on the left wont play the teams on the right until the district tournament.  Seems a little weird but it does cut down on travel.  The left is pretty familiar with each other but I dont have a clue about the right. Anybody from those schools have any info?  Returning starters,  past records, expectations, etc?

RabidWolf

Murfreesboro graduated a TON. But have some good players back. Roberts and Motley will probably be the leaders. Foreman shouldn't be awful but lost some transfers, Beasley. Blevins, well...don't expect much. Caddo Hills, I have never heard of.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: RabidWolf on February 17, 2017, 11:16:13 am
Murfreesboro graduated a TON. But have some good players back. Roberts and Motley will probably be the leaders. Foreman shouldn't be awful but lost some transfers, Beasley. Blevins, well...don't expect much. Caddo Hills, I have never heard of.

If the ball isn't orange and won't bounce very well, you can count Blevins & Caddo Hills out!!  Murfreesboro has zero of their pitching back from last season. 

Murfreesboro is very familiar with Foreman as they have been in same conference for many years. 

clackbat

MC lost a key starter that is playing at SAU this year and another senior outfielder.  Will also be without one of their best hitters and pitchers this year due to certain "issues".  Should still be pretty solid though.  Good group of seniors that have started for at least 3 years some 4.  Got some talented young guys too.

Poyen lost a big senior class but should be pretty good.

Cutter and Mt Pine have struggled in recent years.  Cutter did get some move ins from lakeside this year.  Not sure if they play baseball or not but they have turned the basketball team into a state title contender. 

tacklethis...

It's MC's to win in my opinion.
Mboro will need to improve drastically to compete with them...

Magneto

District Tournament Matchups:

Magnet Cove
Blevins

Murfreesboro
Cutter

Poyen
Caddo Hills

Foreman
Mt Pine

Who moves on to Regionals?

southarkdaddy

Magnet Poyen Murfreesboro are givens

Mt Pine and Foreman is intriguing

Magneto

Poyen, MC, Murfreesboro, and Mt Pine punched their tickets to regionals.  Big win for Mt Pine yesterday I'm sure nobody thought they would make it to regionals so big congrats to them.  I say MC and Poyen in the championship Friday.  Definitely want to be the 1 seed this year going in to regionals. 

Dog

Due to weather all games for west district at poyen have been moved to Thursday. Going to finish the tournament on thursday

monkeyman3434

MagicMike

Magnet cove beat Murfreesboro in a barn burner

Poyen run rules Mt Pine

Championship game coming up

Dog

Poyen best MC 4-2 in s great game

Dog

Any updates on the 2a7 east tournament

southarkdaddy

Harmony Grove plays Rison tonight in the semi's.  Not sure who else is left

Dog

HorseFeathers

Hg won 14-11 over rison...

They play Parker's chapel tonight in finals

MagicMike

Regions is set

1 Parkers Chapel
4 Mt Pine

2 Magnet Cove
3 Spring Hill

2 Harmony Grove
3 Murfreesboro

1 Poyen
4 Rison

monkeyman3434

Winners round 1
Parkers Chapel
Spring Hill
Murfressboro
Poyen

Dog

That's interesting. Murfreesboro and harmony grove could be intriguing. Haven't seen PS or SH this year

southarkdaddy

I'll guess

PC
MC
HG
Poyen

ReddieOrNot

Spring Hill defeats Magnet Cove 8-2.

MagicMike

PC over MP

SH over MC

HG over Murfreesboro