• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A-2S District Tournament

Started by ZacAttack, February 12, 2017, 12:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gamechanger11

Lol you are completely backward Tigers home court and talent to ws but not the other. The two girls you mentioned are talented but not the rest. The rest of ws prob more talented and coaching if you want to believe that go ahead.

ZacAttack

Giving my recap of the 2S District Tornament to date.

Girl's Biggest Surprise:  In the first game of the tourney, #8 Shirley totally demolished #5 Timbo.  The addition of the Shirley 9th graders was just the shot in the arm the Blue Devils needed to revive the lackluster season.  Timbo best player was held to less than 10 points and Timbo got in major foul trouble trying to slow Shirley down.  So far, this is the only game won by the lower seeded team.

Boy's Biggest Surprise:  #8 Rural Special taking #5 Midland to the wire and losing by 1 point.  Again, the addition of some freshmen and some hustling play helped Rural Special in the near upset.  Or maybe Midland was just looking ahead after two 20 point wins against the Rebels.

Best Overall Team Performance:  I would have to give this to the Timbo Tigers boys team after winning their game against Southside.  Timbo looked confident and executed well while Southside looked surprisingly rushed on offense.

Tonight's prediction:  I think the favorites will win, but the closest game will probably be between Concord/Timbo.  The teams have split a pair of games with each team winning at home, but Concord has a 20 point victory while Timbo won by 5 points.  Look for plenty of action in this one!

HoopMan

Quote from: gamechanger11 on February 16, 2017, 10:29:16 am
Lol you are completely backward Tigers home court and talent to ws but not the other. The two girls you mentioned are talented but not the rest. The rest of ws prob more talented and coaching if you want to believe that go ahead.

I have watched both teams play a few times. And concord had WAY more talent than westside did before the Jr. High players moved up. Davis and Benton are the best for Concord but they have a good supporting cast. WSGF best player is Smith and then the rest are all about the same (at least from the games I have seen) Westside improved with the addition of the 9th graders, and it will be interesting to see how Concords 9th graders adapt to Sr. High ball. Keep in mind, Concords Jr girls and boys just won District.

Eagle_Mom_2

Concord girls should be more scared than a dolphin in Japanese waters about the game tonight. And Shirley boys, let me just say Banner boy may burn down the mountain tonight because we are bringing it.
But in all seriousness Concord girls are very talented, but I think we have the coaching advantage in Richey. He is the best coach in our district in girls for sure. And not Sure Coach Mark Scrotchner at Concord will have anything to throw at us late in a tight game. Lady Eagles by 4.
Man-Eagles by 5 after Coach Davis dials up the ole give it to Carlton and clear out play with 17 seconds left for the win. Shirley turns it over on inbounds and we hit fts.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

BannerMountainMan

Alright boys,
I got Rural Special by 13
Shirley by 22
Westside girls by 6, the depth for WS is a lot better now!
And for the recap I got Timbo winning by 3, from both times playing them #33 did nothing but against Southside he was banging threes and if he can do that + #31 and #20 play good they can pull it out!

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 16, 2017, 11:42:09 am
Alright boys,
I got Rural Special by 13
Shirley by 22
Westside girls by 6, the depth for WS is a lot better now!
And for the recap I got Timbo winning by 3, from both times playing them #33 did nothing but against Southside he was banging threes and if he can do that + #31 and #20 play good they can pull it out!

I agree with Rural Special (if not by more)
Shirley by 10
Westside/Concord could go wither way. I really don't even know how to guess at that one.
Concord/Timbo will be close I agree also, but did you ever think that it might just be good defense on him? SSBB isn't very good so you cant go off that IMO. I say concord by 8.

riccoar

Either way, gonna be some great games tonight.  Can't wait.

BannerMountainMan

I'm curious to see who half of y'all people are, I know some of y'all by players that have told me but end of season we needa find out who everybody is so next year when we mouth if will be more intense  :o

HoopMan

Quote from: riccoar on February 16, 2017, 01:49:38 pm
Either way, gonna be some great games tonight.  Can't wait.

I agree 100%

SackAttack

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on February 16, 2017, 09:34:39 am
Big Tiger,

I've been out of the loop recently and just read this passage on your post.  As a fan of this great sport and former official with 20 years experience, let me say that a coach being young has nothing to do with if an official "likes" them or not.  It is a matter of respect.  Officials deserve it just like coaches do.  If a young coach is doing his/her job and coaching the kids I didn't have any issues with them.  If they decided that they need to yell at me like I'm one of their players or complain about each & every call.  They lost my respect.  To get respect, you must give respect.  I would respect any coach until they crossed the line.  Once that happens, you can't blame the officials. 

Having said all that, I gained the respect of most coaches that I worked for.  I only handed out a handful of T's to coaches my last few years.  I mostly T'd up players who thought they could question me or my partners like they see NBA players do on TV.  Doesn't work in high school ball with me.
I'll comment on this! NOBODY CARES WHAT AN OFFICIAL THINKS! And don't bother telling me to get a whistle and help out!

SackAttack

Sack is on the way and I've been invited to sit with the Timbo folks tonight. Madge invited me. the rest of you guys just gotta learn how to talk to people. Hoping for some great action tonight if any luck holds out and you know what I mean.
Rural-girls
Shirley-boys
Concord-girls in a blowout
Concord -boys

CrispyLips

HoopMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 16, 2017, 03:15:55 pm
WEST SIDE EAGLES  yes go eagles. I love eagle country!!! Go eagles I can not wait to watch my boys n girls duke  it out like me and duke duke used to. Go randon. Go kaylynn

This is the first time I have seen you post something positive about the girls! Im happy for you! Looking forward to some great games!

HoopMan

Quote from: SackAttack on February 16, 2017, 03:09:55 pm
Sack is on the way and I've been invited to sit with the Timbo folks tonight. Madge invited me. the rest of you guys just gotta learn how to talk to people. Hoping for some great action tonight if any luck holds out and you know what I mean.
Rural-girls
Shirley-boys
Concord-girls in a blowout
Concord -boys

Will be headed that way shortly myself Sack.

gobblerfire

Is anyone live streaming these games today? If so what website?

BannerMountainMan

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
Rural Special-36
Midland-19

HoopMan

Fourfor4

Quote from: SackAttack on February 16, 2017, 03:06:10 pm
I'll comment on this! NOBODY CARES WHAT AN OFFICIAL THINKS! And don't bother telling me to get a whistle and help out!

Wow.

BannerMountainMan

BasketballNeverStops

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

not so slim shady

Who cares about these scores??? I am ready for Big Poppa Pump Edgar's Tigers VERSUS Corncob Cornett's Pirates. Somebody give me a Red Bull. I am fired up!

BannerMountainMan

Yep Bry is the best player on the floor.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Nope, 13 for  comcord is killing westside. I think she has 20 steals

Mr. Pappagiorgio

I think westside thinks she plays for them? 53-38 going into the 4th. I knew this one wouldn't be close. #blowout

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on February 16, 2017, 07:17:40 pm
Nope, 13 for  comcord is killing westside. I think she has 20 steals
that's Lizzie White

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

February 16, 2017, 09:23:43 pm #129 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:36:43 pm by BannerMountainMan
Concord looked tough, they played great

HoopMan

Concord boys beat Timbo by 11 I was told.

HoopMan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HoopMan on February 16, 2017, 09:44:07 pm
Concord boys beat Timbo by 11 I was told.
it was a 20 point game most of the second half

ZacAttack

Saturday's Tournament Championship games are set:

Girls 5:00 PM - #1 Rural Special vs #2 Concord
Boys 6:30 PM - #1 Shirley vs #2 Concord

Regional Seedings
Girls #3 Westside
Girls #4 Midland

Boys #3 Timbo
Boys #4 Westside

SackAttack

Good games last night. Concord girls just demolished WS which was a surprise being on the opponents home court and a slight coaching edge but like they say you never know this time of year. Shirley boys as expected. Same with rural girls. Even though I sat with the Timbo folks by invite I was once again disappointed but the Timbo boys lack of ability to adjust. So were their fans. Most of them thought they couldn't win anyway but I told them you can always get lucky this time of year. Really enjoyed sitting and getting to know those folks. Topper was getting to buy Madge dinner 50 cent corndog night at the Sonic for the drive back home. That place is amazing! I got Shirley Concord as a pick em game in the finals of boys and Rural over Concord in girls. Cant wait for Saturday. Momma Eagle needs some improvements to her concession stand before Saturday

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: SackAttack on February 16, 2017, 03:06:10 pm

Wasn't going to.  With that type of attitude, you'd be a black eye to the officials that work their tail off for the kids.  Are there bad officials...yes, but the majority I know just want to go out and give all they can to a game they love...not just sit behind a keyboard and think they are big shots because they can use a Caps lock key.

thebigtiger

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on February 17, 2017, 08:44:10 am
Wasn't going to.  With that type of attitude, you'd be a black eye to the officials that work their tail off for the kids.  Are there bad officials...yes, but the majority I know just want to go out and give all they can to a game they love...not just sit behind a keyboard and think they are big shots because they can use a Caps lock key.
Grassboy you can't honestly say those refs were good.  Bangers uncle missed a bunch of calls the other 2 were decent at least
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Don't count us out just yet!

Areyoukiddingme

Can you basketball geniuses tell me what WSGF boys did different in the second half last night against Shirley? I have my opinions, but would like yalls input. I know Shirley is the better team, so I don't need to be told that. Thx in advance FF coaches

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: thebigtiger on February 17, 2017, 08:53:46 am
Grassboy you can't honestly say those refs were good.  Bangers uncle missed a bunch of calls the other 2 were decent at least
Fired up Coach Edgar, fired up players and fired up fans!
Don't count us out just yet!

That I don't know Big Tiger.  I wasn't at the game or seen the film.  I just hated the statement that officials this year was against your coach just for being young.  I've called for a lot of young coaches and never went into a game thinking I didn't like a coach because of that.  I learned over the years (now, this is just me speaking) that I'm like a player or coach.  I'm going to have good nights and I'm going to have bad nights.  I tried to have more good than bad.  But if I knew in my heart I was having a bad night, I would let coaches get away more with chewing me out.  But, if a coach gets hot-headed toward officials each and every time his/her team takes the floor, then don't expect to get the benefit of the doubt.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Daddy eagle on February 17, 2017, 09:25:45 am
BOZO cost us again. No suprize there. Just one more game closer to a new coach so that is a good thing.
can y'all pull off the Guy Perkins upset again Dadd!!!

Areyoukiddingme

I'm not a fan of "bozo" myself, but we looked good the first half and horrible the second. Though it's gonna make you mad, I think Carlton tries to do to much on his own. I know he's the best on the team, but he's not the only talent. We seem to loose when he tries to carry the team. Keep in mind, I think he's the best all around player on the team!

HoopMan

HoopMan

Is Concord, Westside, and Nemo Vista the only schools in 1A that are sending both girls and boys teams to the regional tournament? Just curious.

Areyoukiddingme

Lol daddy didn't you call the smith girl lazy? Smh

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HoopMan on February 17, 2017, 10:45:39 am
Is Concord, Westside, and Nemo Vista the only schools in 1A that are sending both girls and boys teams to the regional tournament? Just curious.
Kirby, acorn I think county line and Scranton.

HoopMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 17, 2017, 10:51:43 am
Kirby, acorn I think county line and Scranton.

What about Bay's girls? I thought they were good? Are they not going?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HoopMan on February 17, 2017, 10:52:37 am
What about Bay's girls? I thought they were good? Are they not going?
I am just talking about to this regional alone. Kirby boys and girl. Dierks boys and girls. Acorns boys and girls. The other district has both county line teams, both western yell and both Scranton teams. That's the only regional I know for sure.

BannerChaser95

HoopMan in bays district. Both Bay teams, both Rector teams, and both armorel teams made regionals.

Brian G

Way too much behavior here that is over the line.

I'm going let HF restart the thread and this will stay locked.

This is your only warning as anyone crosses the line again it will be after State Finals before you will post again.

Footnote:  Do not gripe about moderation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas