• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a-7E and 7W district tournaments

Started by HorseFeathers, February 11, 2017, 05:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

N2DEEP

February 12, 2017, 07:16:59 am #1 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:23:10 am by N2DEEP
Here is the 7W paper bracket:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/n2deep/images/7w-district-bracket.jpg

Image is not enlargeable so you may want to look at my link.

HorseFeathers

bigworm

So why didnt they just make a normal 8 team bracket? I assume the 1 and 2 seeds got buys into regional? I was reading in amother thread that AAA said not to do that. But i may have been misunderstood in what the poster was saying in the other thread.

Cheek

Quote from: bigworm on February 12, 2017, 10:05:24 am
So why didnt they just make a normal 8 team bracket? I assume the 1 and 2 seeds got buys into regional? I was reading in amother thread that AAA said not to do that. But i may have been misunderstood in what the poster was saying in the other thread.

That is true worm. 

MikelB

Wow there are a lot of bye's in that bracket

#72 Bearden Bear

February 13, 2017, 07:09:10 am #6 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:15:35 am by #72 Bearden Bear
2A-EAST
GIRLS
Rison/Laf County Thurs. at 4, winner plays Spring Hill Fri at 4
P Chapel/Bearden Thurs at 7,  winner plays H Grove Fri at 7

Boys
Rison/Spring Hill Thurs at 530, winner plays P Chapel Fri 530
Laf County/H Grove Thurs at 830, winner plays Bearden Fri 830

Eslim03

Is their any updates on last nights games?

BigRoll

Here's the results from last night in the 7W.

Girls                                                     Boys
Magnet Cove 64, Mountain Pine 23          Mountain Pine 77, Murfreesboro 57
Poyen 45, Cutter Morning Star 41            Caddo Hills 53, Poyen 48

Tonight
Foreman girls vs Magnet Cove, 4 p.m.
Magnet Cove boys vs Mountain Pine, 5:30 p.m.
Blevins girls vs Poyen, 7 p.m.
Blevins boys vs Caddo Hills, 8:30 p.m.

Sweet

AT

If it's a 7 team bracket, at least one team has to get a bye. Not sure why two byes were given (if two byes are given, the bracket has to be made this way), but the 2A-4 West did the same thing with 7 teams.

Sweet

I have always thought that the 2 byes were given as reward for finishing st or second in conference play?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sweet on February 14, 2017, 09:28:45 pm
I have always thought that the 2 byes were given as reward for finishing st or second in conference play?

I'm guessing it's more the physical look of the bracket than the actual amount of byes that drew the comments

Eslim03

Everyone of these schools played a conference schedule. Played each team at least once and therefore it is set up thru a seeding format similar to years passed.

Eslim03

Scores from the 7w anybody? Last night?

hogtastics

Quote from: Eslim03 on February 15, 2017, 07:02:33 am
Scores from the 7w anybody? Last night?

Results from 7 West last night:
Girls:
Magnet Cove beat Foreman
Blevins beat Poyen

Boys:
Mtn Pine 58, Magnet Cove 51
Blevins 48, Caddo Hills 41

BigBob

So foreman girls not making regionals? So the 4 girls teams going to regionals will be caddo hills, M cove, Blevins, and Murfreesboro? Just waiting to see who gets 1-4

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigBob on February 15, 2017, 05:08:05 pm
So foreman girls not making regionals? So the 4 girls teams going to regionals will be caddo hills, M cove, Blevins, and Murfreesboro? Just waiting to see who gets 1-4

Yeah...I haven't seen anything about a consolation game in this district.....So may know 3 and 4 soon

BigBob

I thought foreman wouldn't get the 1 or 2. Surprised, but that's why you play the game.

BigBob

Anybody posting score updates on tonight's games?

gatecrasher

Cutter Morning Star boys beat Mountain Pine 74-52 in the west semifinals.

They get the winner of Blevins-Foreman in the district title game tomorrow night.

BigBob

The Great One

hogtastics

7 West Finals Friday at CMS

Girls @ 6:00
Caddo Hills vs. Blevins
Boys @ 7:30
CMS vs. Blevins

BasketballFan2A

Blevins Girls over Murfreesboro: 60-36
Blevins Boys over Foreman: 60-51

#72 Bearden Bear

2a-7 East- yesterday
Girls
Rison over Lafayette County
Parkers Chapel over Bearden

Boys
Rison over Spring Hill
Lafayette County over Harmony Grove

Semis today
Girls
Rison vs Spring Hill at 4
Parkers Chapel vs Harmony Grove at 7

Boys
Rison vs Parkers Chapel at 530
Lafayette County vs Bearden at 830

BigBob

Parkers chapel vs Harmony Grove girls game should be a good one!

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: BigBob on February 17, 2017, 08:02:24 am
Parkers chapel vs Harmony Grove girls game should be a good one!
I don't know, 1-17 Bearden gave PC all they could handle last night. I think HG will win easiliy. Bearden/L County will be fun. They pretty much play the same way, but LC does run some what of an offense.

BigBob

😬 I've seen parkers chapel girls play twice this season and walked away very unimpressed. They spent a few weeks in the ADG top 6 and I never understood why, but they are 1-1 this year with HG. I hope HG wins because that will be a good dual between them and the SH girls.

hogtastics

BigBob

7west in girls Blevins girls should win and CMS Boys should win. Would not be surprised if Blevins boys upset them.

7east in Girls is a toss up between Spring Hill and Harmony Grove. Bearden boys should win it with ease.

hogtastics

Quote from: BigBob on February 17, 2017, 10:43:49 am
7west in girls Blevins girls should win and CMS Boys should win. Would not be surprised if Blevins boys upset them.

BigBob, just curious, have you seen both Blevins and CMS play? Blevins could beat CMS in a perfect storm night, but they are young and CMS has experience, talent and home court advantage. It's likely to be a close first half with CMS pulling away in the 2nd or a blow out. Just my opinion...

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: BigBob on February 17, 2017, 10:43:49 am

7east in Girls is a toss up between Spring Hill and Harmony Grove. Bearden boys should win it with ease.

Blevins with both wins, especially the upset over Cutter Morning Star!

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: hogtastics on February 17, 2017, 11:47:28 am
BigBob, just curious, have you seen both Blevins and CMS play? Blevins could beat CMS in a perfect storm night, but they are young and CMS has experience, talent and home court advantage. It's likely to be a close first half with CMS pulling away in the 2nd or a blow out. Just my opinion...

Just curious, have you? lol

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on February 17, 2017, 12:08:20 pm
Just curious, have you? lol

I've seen both play and I would guess it will be a very good game.  Home court advantage could easily be the deciding factor.  Both teams are good at what they do.

BigBob

Watched them @ foreman. Walked away thinking they are very beatable to say the least.

BigRoll

I'll admit that I don't know a lot about Blevins this year, but CMS did beat them 62-49 at Blevins three weeks ago. Also, looking at some of their scores from this season, I'm not seeing any game that really shows them as an equal to CMS. Granted, CMS is 26-0 and guaranteed a spot in regionals, so one could say they are due to take a loss or Coach Slick could choose to take the loss (although I don't see that happening).

hogtastics

gatecrasher

Quote from: hogtastics on February 17, 2017, 11:47:28 am
CMS won by 17 in a game that was never in doubt.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on February 17, 2017, 07:44:09 am
2a-7 East- yesterday
Girls
Rison over Lafayette County
Parkers Chapel over Bearden

Boys
Rison over Spring Hill
Lafayette County over Harmony Grove

Semis today
Girls
Rison vs Spring Hill at 4
Parkers Chapel vs Harmony Grove at 7

Boys
Rison vs Parkers Chapel at 530
Lafayette County vs Bearden at 830

Girls
Tomorrow
3rd place game  Rison vs Parkers Chapel  at 4
Championship    Harmony Grove vs Spring Hill at 7

Boys
3rd place game  Lafayette County vs Rison at 530
Championship    Bearden vs Parkers Chapel at 830

hogtastics

7 West Tournament Results

Girls
#1 Blevins
#2 Caddo Hills
#3 Murfreesboro
#4 Magnet Cove

Boys
#1 Cutter Morning Star
#2 Blevins
#3 Foreman
#4 Mtn Pine

Girls game was a barn burner. I don't believe either team lead by more than 5 the whole game. Blevins won at the buzzer by 2. Boys game was as expected. Blevins plays with heart and is well coached. They just aren't experienced enough to overcome an exceptional CMS team. CMS with a solid win by 17.

BigBob

If parkers chapel boys can shoot it well behind the arc they could hang with bearden

#72 Bearden Bear

I think Bearden takes this easily. They're playing at home for the title, I don't believe it will be close. I just wish they would stop playing that pickup game like basketball, its going to come back and haunt them one day.

BigBob

How deep is Bearden? I know they put out a crazy athletic starting 5. I'm guessing the subs have gotten plenty of playing time too with some blow outs this year?

BigBob

Any predictions for tonight's game?
I'm saying-
Harmony Grove Girls Over Spring Hill 56-52

Bearden Boys over Parkers Chapel 74-58.

southarkdaddy

Anyone have a bracket for this region with times and seeds?

bigworm

Eslim03

BigBob

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas