• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lavaca @ Lamar

Started by TheTruth2010, February 10, 2017, 10:42:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTruth2010

I don't really know much about Lavaca boys or girls. Hopeful for a Lamar win on both sides!

dentist15

Lamar girls should win comfortably.

Same for Lamar's boys. Lavaca doesn't have much size (i think 6'2" is their biggest), or much overall team speed. Shoot the ball pretty well as a team though, so if they are hot they can be tough. Have two main players, #3 and #21, but both have trouble with tough man defense. #3 can shoot, especially if given space and he gets on a roll. Don't handle the ball real well as team, so full court pressure gets to them. Lamar by 20+.

BigMan15

Lamar girls by 20
Lamar boys by 30

smallybells

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 10, 2017, 10:42:15 am
I don't really know much about Lavaca boys or girls. Hopeful for a Lamar win on both sides!

Just going off what I see on MaxPreps, the boy's record looks decent and the girl's record is mediocre and I have zero idea about most of their competition in that conference, but from some of the scores it would suggest to me a few aren't very good at all. That being said I'll take Lamar comfortably on both.

ZestyJester

No size but good guards so if they shooting good they may keep it close. CL blew them out here while back. Lamar should win big unless there shots are falling

mountainmangrizzly

Final regular season home game for these seniors, think Lamar puts on a,show tonight. I'm going to take the Anderson kid to have a big game with some good dunks and the Beeman kid just doing what he does tonight,  should be fun to watch. Lamar by 20+

TheTruth2010

I have no idea what I just watched but it wasn't Lamar basketball that's for sure. No one had any kind of want to it seemed like. #3 from Lavaca couldn't miss from anywhere. I left with a minute left but Lavaca was up 17. Not pretty at all for the warriors tonight. On the girls side it was a great night. Girls won by 27

bobcats

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 10, 2017, 08:47:25 pm
I have no idea what I just watched but it wasn't Lamar basketball that's for sure. No one had any kind of want to it seemed like. #3 from Lavaca couldn't miss from anywhere. I left with a minute left but Lavaca was up 17. Not pretty at all for the warriors tonight. On the girls side it was a great night. Girls won by 27

Because of the new blended conferences, meaningless games are being played all over Arkansas.  District tournaments have already been seeded and conference championships means nothing.  Lamar had nothing to play for tonight.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: bobcats on February 10, 2017, 09:06:59 pm
Because of the new blended conferences, meaningless games are being played all over Arkansas.  District tournaments have already been seeded and conference championships means nothing.  Lamar had nothing to play for tonight.
That might be true, but I'm pretty sure the boys didn't want to lose or much less get embarrassed on Senior night. Props to Lavaca, they played great.

Radiotalker

Quote from: bobcats on February 10, 2017, 09:06:59 pm

How are they meaningless if they make you better?

TheTruth2010

I'm actually not to upset or worried about this loss. They needed a loss like that to show them they can't just show up and win.

xadboy

No excuses, we got beat in every aspect of the game tonight. If we play like this in regionals, we won't make it to state.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: xadboy on February 10, 2017, 09:49:23 pm
No excuses, we got beat in every aspect of the game tonight. If we play like this in regionals, we won't make it to state.
I agree. Did it not feel like there was no energy or want to at all tonight though? Or was it just me?

smallybells

Is this the boys game we are talking about?

TheTruth2010

Hitman Warrior23

tonight was A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE  we don't think we're gonna run into teams that's hot like this down the stretch were CRAZY , tonight I'd like to know the shooting % I bet it was near 70%.  Had allot of head scratchers.    but like mentioned we needed this.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 10, 2017, 11:06:12 pm
tonight was A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE  we don't think we're gonna run into teams that's hot like this down the stretch were CRAZY , tonight I'd like to know the shooting % I bet it was near 70%.  Had allot of head scratchers.    but like mentioned we needed this.
That number 3 kid from Lavaca could not miss from anywhere on the court. How many threes did he hit?

bighurt411

smallybells

Well, I stand corrected. Was this a cross conference game?

bighurt411

I don't think so. Lavaca dropped down to 2a this year.

TheTruth2010

BigMan15

Was Lamar missing anyone?  Great win for the Arrows!!!

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 11, 2017, 07:20:29 am
Was Lamar missing anyone?  Great win for the Arrows!!!
Only thing Lamar was missing is shots lol. They had an awful night. Missed layups missed dunks missed free throws you name it. Lavaca couldn't miss anything. Like Hitman said they probably shot 70% or better. They probably shot 70% from three. They just looked like they wanted it more. It was a great win for them and they deserved it.

1-Adam-12

February 11, 2017, 08:48:40 am #23 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:56:35 am by 1-Adam-12
Lavaca did the same thing to Booneville just before Booneville beat Charleston the first time.  #3 couldn't miss that night either.

I was surprised that Lavaca won, not completely shocked. Lavaca hadn't won 18 going in on flukes. What shocked me was the margin.

bighurt411

HorseFeathers

mountainmangrizzly

It was crazy, not the Lamar team I'd been hearing about, Lavaca was hot!!!!!! Maybe Lamar better refocus or it may be a shorter season then expected.

bighurt411

I have seen them play both good and bad. Hopefully their good team shows up for the postseason.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas