• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar or Jessieville, who will be seeded #1?

Started by teachers pet, February 06, 2017, 06:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

Jessieville boys are 13-1 in their conference, Lamar is ?? (Maxpreps shows them 5-3 which can't be right). In girls both Lamar and Jessieville are both undefeated in their conferences, good luck figuring it out!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: teachers pet on February 06, 2017, 06:03:13 pm
Jessieville boys are 13-1 in their conference, Lamar is ?? (Maxpreps shows them 5-3 which can't be right). In girls both Lamar and Jessieville are both undefeated in their conferences, good luck figuring it out!

I think maxpreps conference record is against teams in their postseason district tournament

teachers pet

bobcats

This type of seeding must be done like the NCAA tournament since they were in different conferences.  Lamar has a much higher strength of schedule and has quality wins over Ozark, Charleston, Paris, Perryville, Pottsville and Clinton.  After reviewing Jessieville's schedule I did not see any quality wins.  Jessieville was in one of the weakest conferences in the 3A/4A this cycle.  I am not considering wins by either against teams under 3A as those teams can run up impressive W/L records by playing large numbers of extremely weak opponents. 

teachers pet

I figured strength of schedule would be the deciding factor.

TheTruth2010

teachers pet

TheTruth2010

Quote from: teachers pet on February 06, 2017, 09:40:53 pm
How about girls, probably a little closer.
I think If Lamar wins out they will get it also.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 06, 2017, 09:59:26 pm
I think If Lamar wins out they will get it also.

I know it was early but it still should be a factor,  twice Jessieville played someone in our conference,  Dardenelle and Perryville  and Perryville beat them.  Lamar swept Perryville.  That needs to come into the equation. But yes Lamar needs to win tonight to make their case stronger.

ZestyJester

Boys shouldn't be much debate

1 Lamar
2 Jessie villa
3 Paris
4 Perryville
5 two rivers
6 Atkins

Girls is tougher, id say

1 Lamar
2 Jessieville
3 two rivers
4 Paris
5 Perryville
6 Atkins

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: ZestyJester on February 07, 2017, 09:05:05 am

1 Lamar
2 Jessie villa
3 Paris
4 Perryville
5 two rivers
6 Atkins

Girls is tougher, id say

1 Lamar
2 Jessieville
3 two rivers
4 Paris
5 Perryville
6 Atkins

I AGREE 100%

BigMan15

So that means that most likely you would have Lamar vs Perryville and Paris vs Jesseville in the semis of the boys correct? That would be fun to watch considering Perryville has beaten Lamar this year and Paris and Jesseville is a great matchup. Does anybody see Paris or Jesseville get upset in the first round?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 07, 2017, 10:10:21 am
So that means that most likely you would have Lamar vs Perryville and Paris vs Jesseville in the semis of the boys correct? That would be fun to watch considering Perryville has beaten Lamar this year and Paris and Jesseville is a great matchup. Does anybody see Paris or Jesseville get upset in the first round?

NO!

bobcats

February 07, 2017, 10:27:20 am #13 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:37:56 pm by bobcats
Quote from: ZestyJester on February 07, 2017, 09:05:05 am

1 Lamar
2 Jessie villa
3 Paris
4 Perryville
5 two rivers
6 Atkins

Girls is tougher, id say

1 Lamar
2 Jessieville
3 two rivers
4 Paris
5 Perryville
6 Atkins

I can guarantee you the Perryville boys coach will go into the meeting saying they should be ahead of Jessieville because they beat them head to head.  They also have wins over Lamar, Clinton and Dardanelle.  He will also point out Jessieville is 0-2 against that conference which shows that if they were in their conference they would have many more loses.

This being said, Lamb is a great coach and politician and will get Jessieville a high seed.  I am sure he is working the phones to get his votes lined up.  Nothing wrong with that, it is the system the AAA created.

teachers pet

If that's Perryville coach's logic, it won't hold. Jessieville lost to Dardanelle by 3 and to Perryville the first week of season. Jessieville was without their 6'5" post who was playing in the football playoffs, I'm sure Lamb will twist some arms.

ZestyJester

But jville will be conference Champs yeah? And Paris and pville wont? I figure that means something.

teachers pet

I never said who would be conference champs. I think Jessieville is at a disadvantage because they only played 1 team in this district while everyone else has played each other at least once. Honestly I don't know why they even put Jessieville in this district. I think it will be a strong tournament and wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 4 won the title.

ZestyJester

Quote from: teachers pet on February 07, 2017, 11:54:02 am
I never said who would be conference champs. I think Jessieville is at a disadvantage because they only played 1 team in this district while everyone else has played each other at least once. Honestly I don't know why they even put Jessieville in this district. I think it will be a strong tournament and wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 4 won the title.

I mean their regular season deal. Jville is no1 in that conference. The others won't win theirs so that's a good argument for them. That's why I figure they're no2. Hard to argue anyone but Lamar no1 imo.

bobcats

The semi's and finals will be really good games.

teachers pet

TheTruth2010

It will be a really good tournament, but I think Lamar is starting to separate themselves from the pack. They have been playing good basketball the last few games, and hope it continues tonight! Go Warriors!

RTF

Lamar should be 1, after that it is a toss-up between Jesseville and Paris. I think Jesse will have the better Conf. record so they will be 2 and Paris 3.

Perryville 4 Two Rivers 5 and Atkins 6

What does the tournament look like? does 1 and 2 get byes and 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5? Or is it different?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas