• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AR Dem Gaz Rankings 2/5/17

Started by FaceInTheCrowd, February 05, 2017, 10:09:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FaceInTheCrowd

February 05, 2017, 10:09:00 am Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:12:42 am by FaceInTheCrowd
Boys:
1. Kirby (27-2)
2. Guy (26-4)
3. Nevada (24-2)
4. County Line (27-7)
5. ICC (26-9)
6. Shirley (25-9)

Changes since last week is adding Shirley to the 6th spot, removing Marvell all together, and moving up County Line & ICC.

Girls
1. Norfork (33-1)
2. Wonderview (28-3)
3. Kirby (22-4)
4. ICC (25-4)
5. Jasper (26-6)
6. MVE (24-8)

Changes since last week are MVE moving to 6 from 4th and ICC and Jasper moving up.

Central Ark

MVE got moved down for losing to Wonderview and Quitman lol

FaceInTheCrowd

yesteryearman

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 05, 2017, 10:09:00 am
Boys:
1. Kirby (27-2)
2. Guy (26-4)
3. Nevada (24-2)
4. County Line (27-7)
5. ICC (26-9)
6. Shirley (25-9)

Changes since last week is adding Shirley to the 6th spot, removing Marvell all together, and moving up County Line & ICC.

Girls
1. Norfork (33-1)
2. Wonderview (28-3)
3. Kirby (22-4)
4. ICC (25-4)
5. Jasper (26-6)
6. MVE (24-8)

Changes since last week are MVE moving to 6 from 4th and ICC and Jasper moving up.

Wow, not having Bay in  boys top five is kind of like the movie Jaws...you know they are down there somewhere and its just a matter of time before they surface and eat the boat....

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 05, 2017, 02:06:54 pm
Wow, not having Bay in  boys top five is kind of like the movie Jaws...you know they are down there somewhere and its just a matter of time before they surface and eat the boat....
I can hear the theme song now. Losing to armorel isn't good for rankings. However a win on the road against number 6. Who destroyed #5. I'll take bay 3rd, county line 4th. Nevada 5th. Shirley 6th

Thechosen1

Starters were sat down. That's the reason for the loss to armorel. Have beat them 2 times since then by 20-25

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 05, 2017, 04:08:47 pm
Starters were sat down. That's the reason for the loss to armorel. Have beat them 2 times since then by 20-25
regardless the reason. I still put them 2/3.

jacketman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 05, 2017, 02:06:54 pm
Anybody want to go swimming? ;D

yesteryearman

Quote from: jacketman on February 05, 2017, 04:42:50 pm
Anybody want to go swimming? ;D

+1   In reality, if the truth be known, Bay is the last team that the top five would want to face, either in the finals or to get to the finals.....

HoopMan

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on February 05, 2017, 10:09:00 am
Boys:
1. Kirby (27-2)
2. Guy (26-4)
3. Nevada (24-2)
4. County Line (27-7)
5. ICC (26-9)
6. Shirley (25-9)

Girls
1. Norfork (33-1)
2. Wonderview (28-3)
3. Kirby (22-4)
4. ICC (25-4)
5. Jasper (26-6)
6. MVE (24-8)

By the way Shirley has been talked about on here you would think that they are the best team in the state and have won about 3 straight championships LOL OVERRATED

BannerMountainMan

Well they have played 5 5a schools and 6 3 and 4a schools, no excuses though

Thechosen1

The fact that ICC is going up is beyond me. Literally play nobody. And play awful defense.

HoopMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 06, 2017, 11:11:13 am
The fact that ICC is going up is beyond me. Literally play nobody. And play awful defense.

I think the Dem Gaz only goes off of records. Its dumb.

PTplayer

Sad only one of the top 6 teams of the boys are going to the finals. Is it going to be (Buy) or (Kirbay)?

ZacAttack

Quote from: HoopMan on February 06, 2017, 10:35:32 am
By the way Shirley has been talked about on here you would think that they are the best team in the state and have won about 3 straight championships LOL OVERRATED
I believe you are thinking of another much discussed team from that conference.  I do believe Shirley is one of the top 4 teams in the state behind Kirby, Guy, and Bay.  Nevada gets to prove their high ranking when they host Kirby at the end of the week.  Haven't seen County Line or ICC, but I wonder about ICC's high ranking after losing big to Shirley earlier this season. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ZacAttack on February 06, 2017, 09:37:39 pm
I believe you are thinking of another much discussed team from that conference.  I do believe Shirley is one of the top 4 teams in the state behind Kirby, Guy, and Bay.  Nevada gets to prove their high ranking when they host Kirby at the end of the week.  Haven't seen County Line or ICC, but I wonder about ICC's high ranking after losing big to Shirley earlier this season.
not disagreeing attack. However, I don't look into Kirby Nevada as much as some do. Should Kirby win? Yes. However this is a team that can get up when they want to, sr night and it's in Nevada. And let's be honest. That's a hard place to get a win. If Kirby were to lose a close game it wouldn't change the out come or the top 4. Nevada won't do that at mt. Ida. And will have a hard enough time winning regionals in Emerson same type of environment down there as well.

Shirley is a top 4 team. I do give banner mountain man heck, just because he talks them up to no end. But the team on the out side looking in, is county line. They can prove more than Nevada can with a win over kirby. Why? Regional finals matters more than some sr night game. However county line may be digging their own grave if they win. Guy Perkins second round for the winner is the toughest draw for anyone in the second round games.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 07, 2017, 06:20:28 am
not disagreeing attack. However, I don't look into Kirby Nevada as much as some do. Should Kirby win? Yes. However this is a team that can get up when they want to, sr night and it's in Nevada. And let's be honest. That's a hard place to get a win. If Kirby were to lose a close game it wouldn't change the out come or the top 4. Nevada won't do that at mt. Ida. And will have a hard enough time winning regionals in Emerson same type of environment down there as well.

Shirley is a top 4 team. I do give banner mountain man heck, just because he talks them up to no end. But the team on the out side looking in, is county line. They can prove more than Nevada can with a win over kirby. Why? Regional finals matters more than some sr night game. However county line may be digging their own grave if they win. Guy Perkins second round for the winner is the toughest draw for anyone in the second round games.
boy if that Nevada game doesn't count then the Kirby and Bay game don't count for us either.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 07, 2017, 06:20:28 am

Who would you want to have to face to get to the finals, Guy or Bay.  I would take Guy all day long every day.  Bay has been there before, has played more tough teams than any Class A team, and they just flat out know how to win games in state tournament environment.  So, if Kirby is thinking that it won't be a really big heartbreak if they lose the Regional finals to County Line, and get dropped into Bay's bracket, then they probably need to think again.  You are right that losing the Nevada game won't be that big of a deal, but losing to County Line, assuming that Bay wins their Regional, could be a backbreaker.

ZestyJester

Just curious but what big wins does ICC and Nevada have? We CL have some decent ones so I wnder what their resumes are like.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 07, 2017, 06:42:55 am
boy if that Nevada game doesn't count then the Kirby and Bay game don't count for us either.
does the Kirby game affect your chances in any way of winning or losing state? Distract? Regionals? A) No. B) yes

If you answered A then you're probably right seeing as how you won't see either one again till state and all it did was give you experience and two losses.

If you answered B. I'd like to know how? Does losing to both teams affect your seeding? Or just your overall record?

I'm not saying the game doesn't count. If you guys don't wanna count the games for all I care by all means. But Kirby and Nevada is nothing more than a road game for Kirby and that's all it'll be. I think it'll be a good game? But if Kirby loses. Does that mean anything to kirbys post season road? No they won't see each other till state.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 07, 2017, 07:23:57 am
Who would you want to have to face to get to the finals, Guy or Bay.  I would take Guy all day long every day.  Bay has been there before, has played more tough teams than any Class A team, and they just flat out know how to win games in state tournament environment.  So, if Kirby is thinking that it won't be a really big heartbreak if they lose the Regional finals to County Line, and get dropped into Bay's bracket, then they probably need to think again.  You are right that losing the Nevada game won't be that big of a deal, but losing to County Line, assuming that Bay wins their Regional, could be a backbreaker.
if you wanna win this state tournament you have to go through Kirby, bay or guy. And if you're one of the teams mentioned. You have to possibly beat both. So I don't think it's how you look at it. Kirby I feel will be going to county line with one thought. Win. County line put in for regionals for one reason. Win. I think you have a good point in rather seeing guy in finals. Also not to mention, where would Kirby rather play possibly their harder games. Mt. Ida and second round or final four? Hot springs? I don't think anyone one lose on purpose. However I like the road Kirby would have better had they lost in finals of regionals lol that's all I am saying. Make it to final four and play bay again in the final four in a gym you've had 3 previous games in. I like that road but that's just me and pending a lot of course.

lineman76

I would hope a team would not lose a game on purpose and don't believe it will happen. All teams go in to win and I believe that is what will happen.i think the Kirby county line game if it happens will be a great game to watch but both teams have to make it to that game to play each other.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 07, 2017, 09:29:34 am
if you wanna win this state tournament you have to go through Kirby, bay or guy. And if you're one of the teams mentioned. You have to possibly beat both. So I don't think it's how you look at it. Kirby I feel will be going to county line with one thought. Win. County line put in for regionals for one reason. Win. I think you have a good point in rather seeing guy in finals. Also not to mention, where would Kirby rather play possibly their harder games. Mt. Ida and second round or final four? Hot springs? I don't think anyone one lose on purpose. However I like the road Kirby would have better had they lost in finals of regionals lol that's all I am saying. Make it to final four and play bay again in the final four in a gym you've had 3 previous games in. I like that road but that's just me and pending a lot of course.
And probably a half dozen practices or at least shootarounds

ballmember

Team you will have to beat to win state is Guy.   Kirby, Shirley and Bay are in the next bunch, one of these could beat Guy but would need to play really well.   Don't need to argue that so and so beat Guy,  that was then.     All of Guys team can score.    don't play very uptight and used to winning.     ps  I am not a guy fan, just a basketball fan.   Hope they don't win it all.   

Thechosen1

They will not see a better gameplay than what they will see from bay or Kirby. Hutch will be lost just like last year and they will lose in the quarters or semis tops.

ZestyJester

Don't overlook CL. Haven't lost in 2017 and none of the games have been close even. Playing real good rn. Just blew out a very solid Lavaca. I know guy and Kirby and bay are all grear, but CL is playing good ball.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ZestyJester on February 07, 2017, 11:48:08 am
Don't overlook CL. Haven't lost in 2017 and none of the games have been close even. Playing real good rn. Just blew out a very solid Lavaca. I know guy and Kirby and bay are all grear, but CL is playing good ball.
that's what I like to hear. A tough region is a good region. I think county line is my under the radar team. Them and Kirby in the same regions excited. Same as Guy and Shirley. That's just awesome basketball. I really wished the deer Omaha region had to play on the side with 3 1 seeds and give either of the two above regionals the other side with bay. Exciting stuff. Am I the only one getting pumped? Haha

Catfish

Quote from: ZestyJester on February 07, 2017, 11:48:08 am

CL is always underrated.

Thechosen1

HoopMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 07, 2017, 12:30:39 pm
I agree they may make a run this year.

I agree as well. Always have been very well coached

Bigleague

Here we go with the county line talk again.   They are in an extremely weak region.   They might win 1 game in state.  If they were in region 3 they wouldn't make the  state tournament. 

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bigleague on February 07, 2017, 01:35:21 pm
Here we go with the county line talk again.   They are in an extremely weak region.   They might win 1 game in state.  If they were in region 3 they wouldn't make the  state tournament.

#1 ranked team in state is in their region.....so I wouldn't say weak.

Bigleague

Shirley went to Kirby and lost by 3.   Shirley could very easily miss the state tourny.

Bigleague

1 team don't make a region tough.    Come on now. 

lineman76

2 top 5 teams in one region I would say makes it tough

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: lineman76 on February 07, 2017, 02:24:31 pm
2 top 5 teams in one region I would say makes it tough
region 3 has Guy, Shirley, Mt. Vernon, Marvell, Nemo, Concord, all teams worth making it to state. Shirley could easily play Marvell or Mt. Vernon 1st round of regionals and that's as tough as they come in a region and Guy could play Westside who has already beaten Guy this year!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 07, 2017, 02:28:49 pm
region 3 has Guy, Shirley, Mt. Vernon, Marvell, Nemo, Concord, all teams worth making it to state. Shirley could easily play Marvell or Mt. Vernon 1st round of regionals and that's as tough as they come in a region and Guy could play Westside who has already beaten Guy this year!
region 3 is stacked. But Kirby and county line in one region is crazy too. Both different regions. Because after mineral springs everyone else is playing for 4th.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bigleague on February 07, 2017, 01:57:44 pm
1 team don't make a region tough.    Come on now.

Boys:
1. Kirby (27-2)   REGION 4
2. Guy (26-4)    REGION 3
3. Nevada (24-2)   REGION 5
4. County Line (27-7)   REGION 4
5. ICC (26-9)   REGION 2
6. Shirley (25-9)   REGION 3

I never said 1 team makes a region TOUGH, but surely you aren't saying that 2 top 6 teams (very late in the season) make a region WEAK.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bigleague on February 07, 2017, 01:52:18 pm
Shirley went to Kirby and lost by 3.   Shirley could very easily miss the state tourny.
if Shirley doesn't make state because they lose to a team like Marvell whose been iffy at best on the road. They just couldn't match up would be the only reason.

Bigleague

This is what I'm saying.   If 2 is all you have then the finals is set.   First round games of region 3 will be a nightmare for top 5 teams.   

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bigleague on February 07, 2017, 02:48:28 pm
This is what I'm saying.   If 2 is all you have then the finals is set.   First round games of region 3 will be a nightmare for top 5 teams.

Dierks and Mineral Springs can play pretty well at times so I wouldn't say the finals is set.  Kirby appears to be the class of the field, but you never know.

BannerChaser95

February 07, 2017, 03:16:39 pm #41 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:18:10 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 07, 2017, 03:08:06 pm
Dierks and Mineral Springs can play pretty well at times so I wouldn't say the finals is set.  Kirby appears to be the class of the field, but you never know.
mineral has their point gaurd back. Only one who will cause problems for county line. Acorn may win a game in regionals. Mt. Ida could win a game in regionals. Idk but if the same deirks team shows up to district they'll have a hard time beating anyone.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 07, 2017, 03:16:39 pm
mineral has their point gaurd back. Only one who will cause problems for county line. Acorn may win a game in regionals. Mt. Ida could win a game in regionals. Idk but if the same deirks team shows up to district they'll have a hard time beating anyone.

I'm certain you mean the Dierks team who showed up at Kirby.  Earlier that week they blew Acorn out @ Acorn.  Also split with Mineral Springs in close games.  I did qualify my statement about Dierks & Mineral Springs with "at times"......meaning "at times" they don't play well.  Which is a statement that could be made about basically any team in the state, with very few exceptions.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 07, 2017, 03:27:45 pm
I'm certain you mean the Dierks team who showed up at Kirby.  Earlier that week they blew Acorn out @ Acorn.  Also split with Mineral Springs in close games.  I did qualify my statement about Dierks & Mineral Springs with "at times"......meaning "at times" they don't play well.  Which is a statement that could be made about basically any team in the state, with very few exceptions.
I've only seen dierks play at Kirby. It wasn't pretty. And dierks hasn't played mineral with their point gaurd in. Acorns all over the place tho aren't they? Have played very well offensively this season. Defense is a maybe most nights tho.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 07, 2017, 03:29:54 pm
I've only seen dierks play at Kirby. It wasn't pretty. And dierks hasn't played mineral with their point gaurd in. Acorns all over the place tho aren't they? Have played very well offensively this season. Defense is a maybe most nights tho.

I believe MS point guard played in the second game (at MS).  I honestly am not sure though.  The loss of the 6'4" wing/forward hurt Dierks but maybe he will be back by district tournament time.  But that is the nature of "small school" basketball:  one injury can really impact a season.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 07, 2017, 03:36:58 pm
I believe MS point guard played in the second game (at MS).  I honestly am not sure though.  The loss of the 6'4" wing/forward hurt Dierks but maybe he will be back by district tournament time.  But that is the nature of "small school" basketball:  one injury can really impact a season.
one injury turns state tournament team into teams who Watched state at the house. Real quick. I never wish that on anyone!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 07, 2017, 09:29:34 am

I don't think Bay would be in the least bit intimidated having to play Kirby at Mt Ida, no  matter how many games or practices Kirby has had there or how early or how many Kirby fans show up.  Having played the kind of competition Bay has played on the road, I don't see them getting the yips having to play Kirby, County Line, Shirley or whoever at Mt Ida.   I don't see any difference this year from the last two years.  The Regionals are all about staying out of Bay's side of the bracket if you want to get to Hot Springs.  Just ask Nevada or Kirby from two years ago, or ask Guy or Nevada from last year.   I really think that Kirby's best road to Hot Springs would be thru Guy and not Bay.  Of course, all of these discussions could be out the window if upsets happen in the Regionals or early in the state tournament.  Kirby might not have to face either Guy or Bay to get to Hot Springs.  You never know.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 07, 2017, 06:55:39 pm
I don't think Bay would be in the least bit intimidated having to play Kirby at Mt Ida, no  matter how many games or practices Kirby has had there or how early or how many Kirby fans show up.  Having played the kind of competition Bay has played on the road, I don't see them getting the yips having to play Kirby, County Line, Shirley or whoever at Mt Ida.   I don't see any difference this year from the last two years.  The Regionals are all about staying out of Bay's side of the bracket if you want to get to Hot Springs.  Just ask Nevada or Kirby from two years ago, or ask Guy or Nevada from last year.   I really think that Kirby's best road to Hot Springs would be thru Guy and not Bay.  Of course, all of these discussions could be out the window if upsets happen in the Regionals or early in the state tournament.  Kirby might not have to face either Guy or Bay to get to Hot Springs.  You never know.
I don't think Kirby feels intimidated by anyone. I am more or less just making assumptions as to what looks better. Here nor there, Bay is tough anywhere. Kirby will be tough at mt ida. Guy will be stronger in state than in finals. IMO and same for Shirley. I feel if Shirley were to make it it'd be one of those of black rock, or Emerson year one.

Hero of Twin Groves

Guy would be intimidated to play bay or Kirby. Inexperienced coach and an unproven team. I just pray they can stay away from the juggernaut that is bay Yellowjacket basketball.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on February 07, 2017, 08:47:17 pm
Guy would be intimidated to play bay or Kirby. Inexperienced coach and an unproven team. I just pray they can stay away from the juggernaut that is bay Yellowjacket basketball.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas