• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regionals

Started by yesteryearman, February 05, 2017, 08:32:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yesteryearman

I guess that not knowing any better, and that it appears pretty well unanimous that the Gazette rankings are useless, I looked at the Maxpreps rankings and based on those, here are the teams that should/could/would/might come out of the Regionals.  I've said before that I have seen few games this year, and have not seen any of the "northern" teams play, so I would like to get some "positive" feedback from those who have seen some of the lesser known teams play.  In other words, which of the number 3 or 4 seeds could have a shot at winning or coming in second in the Regionals.  What teams that are not listed have a shot at going to state.

Listed in order of how the Regionals could come out: 

Region 1   Omaha  Deer  Alpena  Jasper

Region 2  Bay  ICC  Mammoth Sp  Calico R

Region 3  Guy  Shirley  MTVE  Marvell

Region 4  Kirby  County Line  Scranton  Dierks

Region 5  Nevada  Emerson  Bradley  Dermott

Looks like Region 3 could be as tough as the state tournament itself

BannerChaser95

Dierks won't make it unless they beat Scranton or someone. Mineral springs has their point gaurd back. They will be the 3 in that region unless county line can't gaurd him!

FaceInTheCrowd

yesteryearman

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 05, 2017, 08:32:38 am
I guess that not knowing any better, and that it appears pretty well unanimous that the Gazette rankings are useless, I looked at the Maxpreps rankings and based on those, here are the teams that should/could/would/might come out of the Regionals.  I've said before that I have seen few games this year, and have not seen any of the "northern" teams play, so I would like to get some "positive" feedback from those who have seen some of the lesser known teams play.  In other words, which of the number 3 or 4 seeds could have a shot at winning or coming in second in the Regionals.  What teams that are not listed have a shot at going to state.
Regional 3 is probably the best region by far
Listed in order of how the Regionals could come out: 

Region 1   Omaha  Deer  Alpena  Jasper

Region 2  Bay  ICC  Mammoth Sp  Calico R

Region 3  Guy  Shirley  MTVE  Marvell

Region 4  Kirby  County Line  Scranton  Dierks

Region 5  Nevada  Emerson  Bradley  Dermott

Looks like Region 3 could be as tough as the state tournament itself

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas