• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marvell

Started by CrispyLips, February 03, 2017, 10:01:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CrispyLips

Has anyone actually even seen them play

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: CrispyLips on February 03, 2017, 10:01:54 pm
Has anyone actually even seen them play

Very athletic, very undisciplined.  Will not make a run in Class A - transition game doesn't work as well on the road where they don't get tons of calls around rim.

BigLion10

Really good team but lack of discipline will really hurt them tourney time

Thechosen1

Never even heard of them and they're top 5. Lol. What. A. Joke.

Hero of Twin Groves

Just because you have never heard of them that makes them a joke? sign of real intelligence. I don't know anything about them so they can't be good, must be a joke cuz they aren't from NEA.

SackAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 04:49:58 pm
I think you might want to swallow it chosen1. This bunch is capable of beating anyone if the beat Jville LightEmUP. That being said I have not seen them but they have a couple of very impressive wins!! They have beat teams that have beat teams easily if you know what I mean.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on February 04, 2017, 04:52:56 pm
Just because you have never heard of them that makes them a joke? sign of real intelligence. I don't know anything about them so they can't be good, must be a joke cuz they aren't from NEA.
You're right bro. All we do up here is beat up on teams like Guy and others. Might wanna shut it because you really have no room to talk.

Thechosen1

Quote from: SackAttack on February 04, 2017, 06:01:26 pm
I think you might want to swallow it chosen1. This bunch is capable of beating anyone if the beat Jville LightEmUP. That being said I have not seen them but they have a couple of very impressive wins!! They have beat teams that have beat teams easily if you know what I mean.
Yeah I'm not going to swallow it man. lol I'll say what I want. I'm not on here to make friends.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 06:46:55 pm
You're right bro. All we do up here is beat up on teams like Guy and others. Might wanna shut it because you really have no room to talk. Like at all. So you might wanna try to pick on someone else bud. Not working out for ya.

SackAttack

Those last three posts sound disturbingly like you are arguing with yourself. Put down the bong and go change the water, get something to eat and then come on back and we'll talk some hoops.!!

Thechosen1

Totally man. Lol. All I know is no one is winning the state championship this year besides Kirby or Bay. Mark my words. Saw guy play last night. Way overrated.

Thechosen1

And it really doesn't matter how "athletic" Marvell is either. Everyone said the same about Shirley. Look what happened. Time for a 3 peat ladies and gentlemen just sit back and enjoy!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 07:02:50 pm
And it really doesn't matter how "athletic" Marvell is either. Everyone said the same about Shirley. Look what happened. Time for a 3 peat ladies and gentlemen just sit back and enjoy!!!

Without seeing either team I'd be willing to bet Marvell is more athletic than Shirley lol

What's gonna hurt Marvell is coaching....You can't out athlete everybody....Ask Stephens, Bradley and Nevada how that works for you come March....

BigLion10

Marvell beats anyone at home and not because of talent either even though they have some

NWA Hawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2017, 07:28:05 pm
Without seeing either team I'd be willing to bet Marvell is more athletic than Shirley lol

What's gonna hurt Marvell is coaching....You can't out athlete everybody....Ask Stephens, Bradley and Nevada how that works for you come March....

You haven't seen Marvell but you know that coaching is what is going to hurt them? You know nothing about Marvell's coach other that they are from the delta so they can't have a good coach. As for those teams from the south, just go talk to coach Harris from Bradley about basketball. He's forgotten more about it then you will ever know. I know he has at least 2 state titles maybe 3. Just because I team has great athletes and run and gun don't mean they aren't well coached.

SackAttack

Quote from: fann07 on February 04, 2017, 07:35:38 pm
You haven't seen Marvell but you know that coaching is what is going to hurt them? You know nothing about Marvell's coach other that they are from the delta so they can't have a good coach. As for those teams from the south, just go talk to coach Harris from Bradley about basketball. He's forgotten more about it then you will ever know. I know he has at least 2 state titles maybe 3. Just because I team has great athletes and run and gun don't mean they aren't well coached.
+1

HorseFeathers

I know people who's opinions I trust that have seen Marvell play this year.....That said they did beat a team that mercy ruled guy(when Ballard was hurt I believe)...And I won't be surprised if they pull off winning the 5N district

HorseFeathers

And where did he win those state titles? Bradley hasn't won one in 20+ years...A team south of Little Rock hasn't won 1a in close to 15 years now.

Hero of Twin Groves

I want to know who said Shirley was athletic? I also find it funny how you act like bay beat the brakes off of Shirley. I also find it funny that you automatically put bay and Kirby above the rest when Shirley just made the trip to Kirby and lost by three. That's probably a blowout in your book.

Hero of Twin Groves

I also feel bad for coach Brannon as you are representing his team.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2017, 08:12:50 pm
And where did he win those state titles? Bradley hasn't won one in 20+ years...A team south of Little Rock hasn't won 1a in close to 15 years now.
he's won girls there

BannerChaser95

Marvell beat 0-12 Lisa north academy twice this season. Once by 40, and once by 8. Big difference And to me that says something about them. Because we know it obviously isn't a match up problem.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 04, 2017, 08:29:01 pm
Marvell beat 0-12 Lisa north academy twice this season. Once by 40, and once by 8. Big difference And to me that says something about them. Because we know it obviously isn't a match up problem.

Now now...Quit making assumptions...

Thechosen1

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on February 04, 2017, 08:24:38 pm
I want to know who said Shirley was athletic? I also find it funny how you act like bay beat the brakes off of Shirley. I also find it funny that you automatically put bay and Kirby above the rest when Shirley just made the trip to Kirby and lost by three. That's probably a blowout in your book.
I just can't wait to see y'all lose again. And ultimately that is all that matters. Bays program> Guys program

hsindian

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 08:58:58 pm
I just can't wait to see y'all lose again. And ultimately that is all that matters. Bays recruits> Guys recruits.
Fixed that last part for ya ;D

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2017, 08:56:20 pm
Now now...Quit making assumptions...
right? I guess I'm assuming the same team made the trip.

SackAttack

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on February 04, 2017, 10:19:49 pm
+1000

So blast one guy for "bashing" and applaud another one for it.... Makes sense

SackAttack

Enigma here!! Multi faceted! Complex! Intellectual superior!! Thats me! There are only a few chosen people in my camp that understand!They know who they are!

BannerMountainMan

I will say Shirley has the most athletic guy in 1a behind Ballard and the rest of the team has their own abilities of shooting, and great post moves.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 05, 2017, 04:06:12 pm
I will say Shirley has the most athletic guy in 1a behind Ballard and the rest of the team has their own abilities of shooting, and great post moves.
😂😂 Moral victories.

BannerMountainMan

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 05, 2017, 04:40:04 pm
what are you talking about?
you claiming you have the second best athlete. Which is a ridiculous statement. I just find it funny. You crack me up and your always always always trying to put Shirley over teams players it has no business being mentioned with. Lol moral victories that make you sleep better. I can name a couple teams that have athletes better than Shirley. Shirley is a good solid team and I'm not taking anything from them. You just make it seem like they're the globe trotters amongst the Washington generals 🤔🤔

J.D.

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 05, 2017, 04:06:12 pm

I suggest traveling to Emerson for Region 5 or watching Eddie Green an Marvell play if you believe this

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on February 05, 2017, 05:23:01 pm
I suggest traveling to Emerson for Region 5 or watching Eddie Green an Marvell play if you believe this
he is delusional. And a homer.

Bigleague

He could see Marvell a little quicker than he wants

Cheek

Marvell has the ability to beat anyone in. Class A. ball.  They have played a very tough conference schedule.  If you try and run with them, you will lose.

MomaLion

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 04, 2017, 04:49:58 pm
And that is the attitude that will get you beat.  They are very athletic but if you play smart they will get in foul trouble.  You will have to man to man or they will run you out of the gym.

MomaLion

They aren't well coached...i've been watching them for years and they survive on pure athleticism which they have in spades.

MomaLion

All you know it alls just go ahead and sleep on Marvell and this no name team will send your hind ends home early...don't say we didn't warn you.

Kbeezy55

Thanks momma lion let them know Marvell isn't to be taken lightly , they've been competing with good schools all season .. Bigger ones at that or highly capable opponents on same level  such as England , jville lighthouse , Clarendon , pine bluff , dollar way , wh central .. Etc .. Im pretty sure if they  have beaten these schools or at least gave them a hard time An (A) level school shouldn't be too much of a problem no disrespect

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Kbeezy55 on February 06, 2017, 11:36:00 am
Thanks momma lion let them know Marvell isn't to be taken lightly , they've been competing with good schools all season .. Bigger ones at that or highly capable opponents on same level  such as England , jville lighthouse , Clarendon , pine bluff , dollar way , wh central .. Etc .. Im pretty sure if they  have beaten these schools or at least gave them a hard time An (A) level school shouldn't be too much of a problem no disrespect
no disrespect, but Marvell wasn't exactly keeping pine bluff in check the night they lost by 40. I am not taking anything away from Marvell. But I'm not about to let you sneak in a team that beat them 84-44. I think Marvell may be good, I watched Kirby play pine bluff and theirs no shame in losing to them. However let's keep it real and not say "they've been competing with good schools all season...... bigger ones at that". lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Kbeezy55 on February 06, 2017, 11:36:00 am

I look forward to seeing them play someone decent on the road. Lisa academy gave them a real scare not to long ago. 8 point game. The same Lisa academy they beat by 40 at home 🤔

Thechosen1

Just another overrated team who isn't gonna do anything in the playoffs.

Thechosen1

I doubt they're as athletic or as good as EPC. And we've beat them twice by 10.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Thechosen1 on February 06, 2017, 04:16:53 pm
I doubt they're as athletic or as good as EPC. And we've beat them twice by 10.
I've seen very athletic teams stay home after that first round, Hughes , Stephens, Bradley, Nevada.  Amongst them maybe 5 titles ever?

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 06, 2017, 04:35:44 pm
I've seen very athletic teams stay home after that first round, Hughes , Stephens, Bradley, Nevada.  Amongst them maybe 5 titles ever?
If that, don't know how to play against well coached teams who can slow it down.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 06, 2017, 04:35:44 pm
In my time Ive seen well coached teams stay home after the first round too. Not arguing banner because you make good points but there are two sides to it! Lots of well coached teams have zero titles!

Thechosen1

I would bet to say there are about 5x more athletic teams that have went home, over well coached teams. But you are right anything can happen

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 06, 2017, 04:51:37 pm
In my time Ive seen well coached teams stay home after the first round too. Not arguing banner because you make good points but there are two sides to it! Lots of well coached teams have zero titles!
you're right. I've seen the wrong team lose a few times. I'm just talking more to the generality of the sense. They're great October-February. March is like they just can't keep up. Why? It's teams who are much better over all. Who can do X'S and O's. No matter the athleticism.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas