• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parker's Chapel Head Coach Opening

Started by StrongDawg, February 02, 2017, 02:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StrongDawg

Just saw that Parker's Chapel head Football position is open. What happened to the previous coach?

eldofan

My source said over a month ago he was told that he was going to be let go for playing an ineligible player. I heard nothing since then

eldofan

Just saw the opening posted. Wonder who could be possible candidates? . Most of the team returns next year with better numbers.

airitout

there's a lot of caring going on about this job ::)

BigBob

Yeah this should be a pretty sought after job, right?

bleudog

eldofan

Around 30 applicants . Surely they can get a quality coach that can put PC football on the map.

JC Guy

Quote from: eldofan on February 11, 2017, 10:03:48 am
Around 30 applicants . Surely they can get a quality coach that can put PC football on the map.
For that to happen a culture change will have to take place. Parents and kids will have to understand how much you will have to put into it in order to turn the corner. That's why I stated earlier that if Brad Smith took this job I would be concerned about the fit. Business would pick up at the football facility and I just don't know how that will sit with that district.

eldofan

I agree with you. Since I have moved out to PC and began to follow them the culture is not there . They accept losing . The kids need to be taught they can win if they put in the work. I know the fans around me do very little cheering . Many hit the road come 3rd quarter . It's like a social event and come 3rd quarter it's over. Just hoping they make the right hire . The kids deserve it !

OverPrivileged

Teaching kids who already believe they are losers to have a winning mentality is extremely hard and may take years.  But most importantly you have to get a few of those close wins to "seal the deal".  They may believe you for a little while, but if they do not win a couple of games then everything you told them was a lie and they will go back to believing they can not win.  Winning creates winners.    Very few turn arounds happen just because a good coach with a good winning mentality and positive attitude "Changed the culture". 

The culture comes from the parents and community and administration.  Those three hurdles are extremely hard to change.  The next best hope is to get a good class of kids that turn something around.

YouKnowUno

You start with that Jr high coming up. That is where you will have a big culture change. Easier to get them to buy into your program.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: vegasbobcat on February 13, 2017, 09:14:45 am
Teaching kids who already believe they are losers to have a winning mentality is extremely hard and may take years.  But most importantly you have to get a few of those close wins to "seal the deal".  They may believe you for a little while, but if they do not win a couple of games then everything you told them was a lie and they will go back to believing they can not win.  Winning creates winners.    Very few turn arounds happen just because a good coach with a good winning mentality and positive attitude "Changed the culture". 

The culture comes from the parents and community and administration.  Those three hurdles are extremely hard to change.  The next best hope is to get a good class of kids that turn something around.
See Billy Dawson at Russellville.

Dr. Defense

RZback

Are you saying you have to have the right coach match up at the right time with the group of athletes that have the ability to turn the corner? Attitude change and talent?

OverPrivileged

I am saying things have to go right for you...a little luck never hurts.  I think you do have to have the right coach at the right time.  See Bill Bellichick. 

Sometimes doing all the right things works, sometimes it does not.  There are tons of guys who did not do well at one place and for some reason were able to win somewhere else. Were they bad coaches that got better or was the situation better?  Maybe both. 

You also see "great" coaches have a really bad year one year and then improve greatly the next year (See Barry Lunney Sr, 1996).  Bad kids?  bad coaching? Who knows? 

My belief is that to truly turn a program around, the entire community must buy in and demand change, from the admin, the kids and the coaches. 

JC Guy

Quote from: vegasbobcat on February 16, 2017, 07:20:17 am
I am saying things have to go right for you...a little luck never hurts.  I think you do have to have the right coach at the right time.  See Bill Bellichick. 

Sometimes doing all the right things works, sometimes it does not.  There are tons of guys who did not do well at one place and for some reason were able to win somewhere else. Were they bad coaches that got better or was the situation better?  Maybe both. 

You also see "great" coaches have a really bad year one year and then improve greatly the next year (See Barry Lunney Sr, 1996).  Bad kids?  bad coaching? Who knows? 

My belief is that to truly turn a program around, the entire community must buy in and demand change, from the admin, the kids and the coaches.
Bingo

bleudog

On average, what percentage of PC's baseball players also play football?

JC Guy

Quote from: bleudog on February 16, 2017, 05:03:54 pm
On average, what percentage of PC's baseball players also play football?
If it hasn't changed since we lived in PC that percentage will be very low. Football was the third male sport.

baseball man

Quote from: JC Guy on February 16, 2017, 11:07:02 pm
If it hasn't changed since we lived in PC that percentage will be very low. Football was the third male sport.
This is very true at PC. Basketball and Baseball first!!!!!!!!!!!

Rida4Life

PC is a very "unique" football environment that's for sure.  Tough place to win at a high level because the kids don't have that football culture and baseball is king.  Basketball has always been big, too. 
There is a very solid Junior high group on the way up that have been well coached and knows how to work hard.  They could be the culture changers if the right coach is brought in and is smart enough to use the staff the way they are capable of being used.
Discipline and fundamentals will need to be of high priority as well.
Could be a good job but it will take a perfect fit to make it work.

HarryCaray

Has anybody interviewed for this job? Does anybody care? Just Saying!!!

clackbat

Any coaches on staff trying for the job? 

YouKnowUno

This would be a good job for an assistant coach looking for his first head job. Great location, good talent, and athletes. I know one coach that has applied for the job.

Katdaddy

I agree. This is a good location and a good job for an assistant looking to become a head coach

Rida4Life

anyone have any news?  Only thing I've heard is that some solid young coaches have applied.  Don't know if that's the direction they will go or not?

airitout

this seems to be turning into a situation close to mineral springs, should it have taken this long?  when is the next board meeting?

Rida4Life

my source says that they are doing second interviews this week and hope to have a new coach named by the end of the week.  I think it's down to two or three finalists.

eldofan

Are these experienced or young coaches interviewing ?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: YouKnowUno on February 24, 2017, 11:57:44 am
This would be a good job for an assistant coach looking for his first head job. Great location, good talent, and athletes. I know one coach that has applied for the job.
Great location? I thought it was in Union county.

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on March 07, 2017, 05:02:09 pm
Are these experienced or young coaches interviewing ?

One of each.  One is a long time assistant in the county and the other is a young coach that may be from the area

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on March 08, 2017, 06:49:21 am
Great location? I thought it was in Union county.

It's about three and a half miles from the Death Star.

Rida4Life

PC has their man.  I can't say who yet but let's just say a hometown legend is coming home to lead the Trojans.

eldofan

Hmm. Only been living here 10 years so I have no clue.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 10, 2017, 01:40:45 pm
PC has their man.  I can't say who yet but let's just say a hometown legend is coming home to lead the Trojans.

They've only had football for like 10 years.... They borrow a junction city legend?

eldofan

Yep they started football my first year here.

baseball man

Rumor has it that it is Micheal Medditt. Has anybody heard anything new????

FootballFever

Jacob Midyett is the new head coach for PC.  He will do a great job for the Trojans.  He is a great young man & is on his way to becoming a great coach!!!  This is a great hire for PC!!!

baseball man

I new i spelled his name wrong. And yes a very good hire

eldofan

Great hire . Remember when he played. Him and his parents attended Westside Baptist church

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas