• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A/4A East Blended Conference Standings

Started by Radiotalker, January 20, 2017, 11:30:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiotalker

January 20, 2017, 11:30:05 am Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:55:57 am by Radiotalker
Final Standings

Osceola        15-1
Westside      12-4
Riverside      12-4
Gosnell        10-6
Manila           8-8
Brookland      7-9
Rivercrest      5-11
Trumann        2-14
Harrisburg     1-15

Missco

Gosnell is 7-2. Truman is also in that combined conference

RedWolf275

Will there be a conference championship trophy? How about all conference?

Radiotalker

Quote from: Missco on January 20, 2017, 11:45:37 am
Gosnell is 7-2. Truman is also in that combined conference

corrected standings....thanks for the catch. you might be right on Gos, but I show losses to Osceola, Manila, and Riverside

zebra73

Missco

Radiotalker

BoxNOne

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 20, 2017, 11:50:11 am
Will there be a conference championship trophy? How about all conference?

Don't think anybody really knows. Trophies and placks have to be paid for so without a post season tournament for this group of teams, I doubt it. I'm sure the 3a-3 District tourney will give away champion and runner-up trophies but don't know about all conference since there really isn't a 3a-3 conference. It a total cluster$&@) IMO.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: zebra73 on January 20, 2017, 12:09:36 pm
Know the girls side?

Brookland 12-7 (10-1)
Riverside 21-7 (8-2)
Harrisburg 11-8 (8-2)
Osceola 21-4 (8-2)
Westside 6-10 (4-7)
Rivercrest 8-9 (2-7)
Trumann 7-9 (2-6)
Gosnell  8-11 (2-6)
Manila 3-14 (0-8)

I believe these are correct, any help is appreciated

Missco

I think the new format is better. It saves on travel and really helps the gate and rivalries. Gosnell playing Riverside, Manila, Rivercrest, and Ocseola is better than playing Cave City, Highland, and Pocahontas. The competition is better. It also helps Manila, Riverside, Riverrcrest, and Osceola. What would they gain playing Piggott, Corning, Hoxie an d Walnut RIDGE. 

Missco

Radiotalker

Quote from: Missco on January 20, 2017, 09:42:35 pm
I think the new format is better. It saves on travel and really helps the gate and rivalries. Gosnell playing Riverside, Manila, Rivercrest, and Ocseola is better than playing Cave City, Highland, and Pocahontas. The competition is better. It also helps Manila, Riverside, Riverrcrest, and Osceola. What would they gain playing Piggott, Corning, Hoxie an d Walnut RIDGE. 

I agree completely.

Missco

I cannnot think of any reason the old way is better. It is all about getting better for the post season.

Radiotalker

It's s great basketball conference. You have to come ready every night out.

Missco

Paperman

Great rivalries and great crowds! I like it!

RedWolf275

I'll go with the old set up. Too many meaningless games for me. But if they combined 3a with 4a and cut classifications down to four or so, this combined would make a great conference.

Radiotalker

General Lee

I'd go with the old way as well!  As Redwolf said, there's too many meaningless games as far as the conference goes.  No automatic bid to the Regional either.

Radiotalker

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 24, 2017, 07:37:09 am
updated
As I look those standings & thanks for the updates. I just can not imagine any other blended 3A/4A be close to as tough. JMO

Radiotalker

BoxNOne

Radio, pretty sure Westside has four losses. Osceola x 2, Manila and Gosnell.

Radiotalker

Radiotalker

updated............regular season ends Friday.

Impressive run by the Seminoles in this competitive conference.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 08, 2017, 07:37:18 am
updated............regular season ends Friday.

Impressive run by the Seminoles in this competitive conference.
As bad as I hate to agree with you, the Noles have been impressive. JK Radio, they have everything they need to win it all. I do like how we are playing right now, seem to finally got the rotation back down with Woodall back and hope we can continue to just fly under everyone's radar.

biglion1985

HeadLion that's what we will have to do because of our lack of size lol

Radiotalker

Updated..........Final Standings

I see others talk about meaningless games, but teams from this conference 3A or 4A will be prepared for the postseason.

Paperman

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 08, 2017, 05:16:58 pm
HeadLion that's what we will have to do because of our lack of size lol
Manila is so disciplined! Play so hard! Tough out for anyone! If the Lions are hitting 3s and free throws, what out! Best wishes in the postseason

biglion1985

Best of luck to the Noles also in the postseason

Radiotalker

The top 7 teams have qualified for either state and regional spots.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 14, 2017, 09:35:17 pm
If it was a boxing fight, they would have waived the white towel a long time ago!

luxora4life

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 14, 2017, 09:35:17 pm

I don't think any team have qualified for state yet.

General Lee

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 11, 2017, 09:01:13 am
Updated..........Final Standings

I see others talk about meaningless games, but teams from this conference 3A or 4A will be prepared for the postseason.

There were still too many games down the stretch that just really didn't mean anything. Yep, they prepared each team for the postseason, so in that regard they did help. But good coaches did that anyway with their out of conference schedule and tournaments,  so that argument really don't hold much water with me. Gone are the days of battling for that 1-2 seed so you can get the automatic bid to regionals. Those games in late Jan and early Feb simply meant more the way it used to be. Now it's left up to coaches to seed teams they have never seen. All you have to do is look around the area at some of the tournaments that are seeded that way to figure out how inaccurate that is. A conference/district tournament should be seeded by what your record was within it.

Paperman

I like that there is no more automatic berth in the Regional any longer in the 8 team districts! I never liked that!

biglion1985

I agree paperman and also I like the idea of playing the 3rd place game also

BoxNOne

I liked the late season conference battles for automatic regional bids. They were earned on the floor.
But I agree with Biglion, I like the 3rd place games.

teachers pet

Lamar and Jessieville both boys and girls got automatic regional berths.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas