• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon got 1st SEC offer

Started by Donnie Jamon, January 16, 2017, 03:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

I think Bohanon is better than Noland anyways...

He is the type of QB Arkansas needs. This pro-style offense is starting to become out of style so much.

Dogg

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 29, 2017, 03:11:48 pm
I think Bohanon is better than Noland anyways...

He is the type of QB Arkansas needs. This pro-style offense is starting to become out of style so much.
Soooo that's why the NFL runs it?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Dogg on April 29, 2017, 05:58:40 pm
GB is on the Hill today

And here's his thoughts.

Arkansas appears to have made some inroads in the recruitment of quarterback Gerry Bohanon after hosting the Earle prospect Friday and Saturday.
Spending time with Coach Bret Bielema and offensive coordinator Dan Enos highlighted Bohanon's trip.

"I can say the best part about the visit were talking with Coach Enos and Coach B," Bohanon said. "The scrimmage was nice too, but I hate it rained because the spring game was going to be great. I enjoyed each and every minute spending time with the staff and just being on campus."

Bohanon, 6-4, 215 pounds, has scholarship offers from Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Baylor, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and others. He said the Hogs told him about the option to play quarterback.
"I have a shot at doing whatever I want," Bohanon said. "If I win the job as quarterback, then I will be the starter."

Bohanon threw for 2,734 yards and rushed for more than 1,000 as a junior. He passed for 1,763 yards, rushed for 964 yards in eight games as a sophomore. He also had 46 tackles and 9 sacks in five games at defensive end.
ESPN rates him the No. 7 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 117 overall prospect in the nation. Enos spoke about plans for him at quarterback.

"They have some things they're adding to the system that I do well," Bohanon said.

Razorback quarterback commitment Connor Noland of Greenwood and Bohanon spoke at length on Saturday.

"He really wants me to come and join him," Bohanon said. "Competition at the position would only make us both better and also we both could make the team a lot better. He's a great dude. He recruits me very hard. He also mentioned he doesn't mind the U of A taking another quarterback."

The trip to Fayetteville will likely be his last visit for about a month.
"I don't think I'm going to do anymore until June," he said.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on May 01, 2017, 01:26:20 pm
Soooo that's why the NFL runs it?

In the college aspect, you can see that a lot of schools are getting away from it.

OB11

Quote from: Dogg on April 29, 2017, 05:58:40 pm
GB is on the Hill today

If Noland ends up at Arkansas to play football I don't think there is any way Bohanon goes to Arkansas. IF he wants to play QB. He may very well be able to beat him out for the starting job, but I just don't see both of those guys going there together.

Pit Bull

Mr. Trill

Bohanon just might have faith that he'll take the position

OB11

Quote from: Mr. Trill on May 03, 2017, 04:24:12 am
Bohanon just might have faith that he'll take the position

He may very well do that. But you have to think about it this way as well, Noland is for sure going to Arkansas (if he doesn't get drafted for baseball) as a QB. Bohanon wants to go as a QB. Out of those two guys who would be more likely to be moved to another position? It would be Bohanon because of what a phenomenal athlete he is. Noland, in my hubmle opinion would not transition to another position like Bohanon would. To me, that is the most likely scenario if they were both there.

Pit Bull

May 03, 2017, 06:20:48 pm #109 Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:24:15 am by Pit Bull
I agree with this assessment of the situation, plus if you add in the politics on the  hill it's not looking good.

Ventman

Isn't this kids first choice Auburn?

mr.gametime

Quote from: Ventman on May 04, 2017, 12:54:55 pm
Isn't this kids first choice Auburn?

I think Auburn was the front runner...but that was before Arkansas said they would give him a shot at QB

Pick_DA_EAGLES

He has just as much of a shot to make qb at arkansas as he does ANY other SEC school. People saying he shouldn't go to arkansas because of the other recruit, do you think Alabama would only be signing him? It's not like he's going to walk into bama and be THE qb. I'm sure they signed a 4 or 5 star for the upcoming year and will sign another every year from here on until Saban leaves. And he is for sure not going to just roll into the SEC and dominate. He's not dominating 2A (I know it's stout, but it's not the SEC). I just hope he makes a good decision and gets a quality education for free.

mr.gametime

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 05, 2017, 04:17:37 pm
He has just as much of a shot to make qb at arkansas as he does ANY other SEC school. People saying he shouldn't go to arkansas because of the other recruit, do you think Alabama would only be signing him? It's not like he's going to walk into bama and be THE qb. I'm sure they signed a 4 or 5 star for the upcoming year and will sign another every year from here on until Saban leaves. And he is for sure not going to just roll into the SEC and dominate. He's not dominating 2A (I know it's stout, but it's not the SEC). I just hope he makes a good decision and gets a quality education for free.

Alabama is recruiting him as a Athlete...not sure they are interested in him playing QB...and if passing for 2,700 yards and ruahing for over a 1,000 yards is not dominating 2A then i dont know what is..we are talking about Bohanon as a player...not earles football team as a whole

Pit Bull

Good points by both of you all! What I'm most impressed with is if he wanted to he could probably get the QB job easily if he chose a ivy leauge school to attend because he has the grades and the score. Personally I'd like to see him go to Howard or Tuskegee where I know he would start as a true freshman and still get a great education but hey I'm just a fan.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 06, 2017, 07:42:43 am
Good points by both of you all! What I'm most impressed with is if he wanted to he could probably get the QB job easily if he chose a ivy leauge school to attend because he has the grades and the score. Personally I'd like to see him go to Howard or Tuskegee where I know he would start as a true freshman and still get a great education but hey I'm just a fan.

It's great to see that he has a 3.8 GPA. He's not only talented but he's smart. Definitely a great job by his coaches making sure he is on top of his school work and getting better on the gridiron.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

May 07, 2017, 10:27:52 am #116 Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 10:29:50 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: mr.gametime on May 05, 2017, 08:11:29 pm
Alabama is recruiting him as a Athlete...not sure they are interested in him playing QB...and if passing for 2,700 yards and ruahing for over a 1,000 yards is not dominating 2A then i dont know what is..we are talking about Bohanon as a player...not earles football team as a whole

Was only using bama as an example. Any out of state school can tell him anything and nobody in their state will care they used that kind of tactic to get a highly ranked recruit.

Dominating 2A would be more than that. Those are good numbers, not great numbers and definitely not SEC caliber qb numbers.

Mr. Trill

I just can't wait to see what happens. Me, personally, would like to see him start at QB on someone's team

mr.gametime

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 07, 2017, 10:27:52 am
Was only using bama as an example. Any out of state school can tell him anything and nobody in their state will care they used that kind of tactic to get a highly ranked recruit.

Dominating 2A would be more than that. Those are good numbers, not great numbers and definitely not SEC caliber qb numbers.

Then what would be dominating 2A then as a "player"???....not S.E.C qb numbers??...lol...bruh i bet you i can research atleast QB's in the S.E.C who had numbers less than that there Sr. Year of high school.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 07, 2017, 04:05:38 pm
Then what would be dominating 2A then as a "player"???....not S.E.C qb numbers??...lol...bruh i bet you i can research atleast QB's in the S.E.C who had numbers less than that there Sr. Year of high school.

Maybe so, but I bet they are NOT, the smallest classification in their respected state. I would say 3500 and 1500-2000 would be. And more than 16 wins in 2 years. It's not like Earle doesn't have plenty of athletes to go along with him, or atleast that's what all the Earle fans say every time someone says he's all they got.

I hope he does go to Arkansas and would love to see him win the heisman, will most definitely be cheering for him.

HorseFeathers

I think "dominating" 2a as a High D1 caliber player I think Kenneth Dixon type numbers...3100+ rushing yards in 12 games type numbers...

Anyway, if mountain view looks to be solid again I might make the trek up there in week 3 to get a live look at earle...

Dogg

QB coach from Louisville at the Dogpound for spring practice on today

mr.gametime

Quote from: Dogg on May 09, 2017, 06:27:28 pm
QB coach from Louisville at the Dogpound for spring practice on today

Louisville would be the perfect fit for him..when it comes to style of play ..look what Bobby P..has done for lamar jackson

MomaLion

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 06, 2017, 07:42:43 am
What I'm most impressed with is if he wanted to he could probably get the QB job easily if he chose a ivy leauge school to attend because he has the grades and the score.
That's the most impressive stat i've seen...congrats to this young man for having a good head on his shoulders and good positive role models  :)

Dogg

QB coaches from Arkansas, Tennessee and Miss. St attended the Bulldogs spring practice on today

Proud Buckaroo

Bohanon will be making his college decision May 19th.

Mr. Trill

What source did that come from

mr.gametime

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 13, 2017, 09:35:56 am
The whole entire internet.
If it's on the internet it must be true. Unless it's Twitter.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on May 13, 2017, 10:30:24 am
If it's on the internet it must be true. Unless it's Twitter.

Facebook is the best source for information

Mr. Trill

I can't  wait to hear his choice.

Dogg

I know but we have sworn to secrecy. Some will be shocked

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dogg on May 13, 2017, 03:00:07 pm
I know but we have sworn to secrecy. Some will be shocked

I don't think anyone will be shocked if he doesn't pick Arkansas. I never get upset when a kid decides not to be a Hog. It's their life and their choice. Whatever they think is best for them. That's what I am happy with.

But I do hope he chooses the hogs.

Lumberjackfan1978

Jimbo Morphis

Too many don't factor in life after football.

Dogg

I would love for him to play for the Hogs but for some reason they didn't offer until after other SEC schools did. Smh

Missco

Wouldnt be shocking if he chose somewhere other than u of a. Earle is closer to 4 Sec schools than Fayetteville. The eastern part of the state is not as  hog crazy as the rest.

Mr. Trill

Yea I got a good feeling that UA won't be the choice.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on May 14, 2017, 08:43:38 pm
Wouldnt be shocking if he chose somewhere other than u of a. Earle is closer to 4 Sec schools than Fayetteville. The eastern part of the state is not as  hog crazy as the rest.

I don't think the folks west of Conway understand this either....

BigLion10

I'd almost bet money he won't be a hog

Dogg

He won't be. U of A should have been the first to offer. What's sad is Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss offered before the U of A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dogg on May 15, 2017, 02:23:32 pm
He won't be. U of A should have been the first to offer. What's sad is Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss offered before the U of A.

Seems to happen more often than not with the instate kids that aren't at a big school....guess they should "want" to be a razorback....at least that's the Arkansas fan base attitude towards those kids...

Proud Buckaroo

I'm happy for him wherever he decides to go to! I love seeing small town kids making names for theirself. 

Good luck to him in future endeavors!

Mr. Trill

Playing for Saban would be really nice. I can picture him on Sportcenter all the time. Will the decision be televised or what?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Mr. Trill on May 15, 2017, 06:11:12 pm
Playing for Saban would be really nice. I can picture him on Sportcenter all the time. Will the decision be televised or what?

Supposed to make his decision after Earle's spring game. Not sure if it will be on television or not.

Backwoods Bart

If I had this athlete's ear,
because he may not be aware, that five or six years ago, there was one of the states most talented RB's out of NLR, that, for whatever reason, chose Bama over Arkansas. The glitter soon wore off in his first year there, and he was gone before he barley got settled in. Transferred to Nichol's State, and soon after was in a car wreck and it was over. I would tell him, do not let pride steer your decision. Who cares when Arkansas offered. The fact is, they did. Stay where you have a fan base. This process goes fast, and it can chew you up, and spit you out, and leave you with nothing for all of your effort.   just sayin'... 

Dogg

Committing to Mississippi St.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 16, 2017, 08:49:44 am

If I had this athlete's ear,
because he may not be aware, that five or six years ago, there was one of the states most talented RB's out of NLR, that, for whatever reason, chose Bama over Arkansas. The glitter soon wore off in his first year there, and he was gone before he barley got settled in. Transferred to Nichol's State, and soon after was in a car wreck and it was over. I would tell him, do not let pride steer your decision. Who cares when Arkansas offered. The fact is, they did. Stay where you have a fan base. This process goes fast, and it can chew you up, and spit you out, and leave you with nothing for all of your effort.   just sayin'...

Yea I heard he went there because his uncle was a big Bama fan. Trust me, this kid is different in a lot of ways but I know he's going to make the best decision that suits him...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas